Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 Episode 6 "Blood of My Blood" - Speculation thread

Options
  • 22-05-2016 1:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭

See topic; please spoiler anything from interviews, books, trailers etc.

Thread will be unlocked on Sunday evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

While everyone's caught up in analysing tonight's episode, one thing in particular has me speculating: the play within the play. I remember the talk when Richard E. Grant was announced as playing the leader of a travelling theatre troupe, and he arrived tonight - not on the stage, but that's him backstage telling Bianca she must do better. I suspect we're going to see a lot more if him: you don't cast such a respected actor for a few lines. Arya's already intrigued by the goings on in the troupe: her orders to assassinate someone who doesn't seem to deserve it, the slanderous portrayal of her father as a Northern idiot, and the lie that Joffrey was going to spare his life. I speculate that she's going to get deeply involved with this troupe in some way. It may just be her ticket back to Westeros.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Benjen will be back in this episode or whenever we next see Bran.

Looking forward to seeing the Blackfish back too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

bnt wrote: »
    While everyone's caught up in analysing tonight's episode, one thing in particular has me speculating: the play within the play. I remember the talk when Richard E. Grant was announced as playing the leader of a travelling theatre troupe, and he arrived tonight - not on the stage, but that's him backstage telling Bianca she must do better. I suspect we're going to see a lot more if him: you don't cast such a respected actor for a few lines. Arya's already intrigued by the goings on in the troupe: her orders to assassinate someone who doesn't seem to deserve it, the slanderous portrayal of her father as a Northern idiot, and the lie that Joffrey was going to spare his life. I speculate that she's going to get deeply involved with this troupe in some way. It may just be her ticket back to Westeros.

Just double-checked and I am pretty sure he played the King Robert character onstage. I like this theory though; it could mean a trip back to King's Landing specifically. She'll have to pull Jacqen Hagar and whats-her-face up on their bull**** first though and stick a knife in both of them.

Just double-checked and I am pretty sure he played the King Robert character onstage.
    I thought that too, and I agree it's possible, but backstage we see him in a different costume and taking off a blond wig. So I concluded he played some other character we didn't see. Or perhaps King Robert and this other character. It's not important, though.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

So where is Yara off to? She has a good few wooden horses. (clutches at straws)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

tricky D wrote: »
    So where is Yara off to? She has a good few wooden horses. (clutches at straws)

She'll take Dragonstone, maybe? She's always saying that their strength is in the sea, and Dragonstone coming back into the series could be useful for the plot, because of it being a huge source of Dragonglass, and its proximity to King's landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭letowski

Sleepy wrote:
    Benjen will be back in this episode or whenever we next see Bran.

Im sure they will have to pick where they left off in the next episode, Meera and Bran were not getting far or going fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Maybe Yara is off to meet Dany first? She just stole a march on Euron by taking most of his ships and I doubt Dany will mind if Yara is not Queen of the Iron Islands.

Not sure where Meera is off to with Bran. She won't get far with no Hodor (:() or Summer.

The North are recruiting. The Manderlys were mentioned. Wyman Manderly speech? Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

J. Marston wrote: »
    Maybe Yara is off to meet Dany first? She just stole a march on Euron by taking most of his ships and I doubt Dany will mind if Yara is not Queen of the Iron Islands.

Not sure where Meera is off to with Bran. She won't get far with no Hodor (:() or Summer.

The North are recruiting. The Manderlys were mentioned. Wyman Manderly speech? Yes please!

I couldn't see Dany being a fan of Euron anyway, he seems a bit sure of himself and hes off to wed the dragon queen and bring greatness back to the Iron Islands. With Danys army now there is nothing stopping her seizing as many boats as she needs to cross the narrow sea.

He seems exactly like the type of bloke Dany would despise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You think? He's rather similar to Daario...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The fact that they gave it as many screen minutes as they did in last night's episode would suggest something more interesting is going to happen other than her just poisoning the woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That all important preview clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,593 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ugh, sam and gilly.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Is that Sansa's voice at the start?

awec wrote: »
    The fact that they gave it as many screen minutes as they did in last night's episode would suggest something more interesting is going to happen other than her just poisoning the woman.
    Since I wrote that, I've become aware that the theatre troupe does appear in a book - specifically, in an advance chapter from The Winds of Winter. Not that that's much of a spoiler, since it doesn't tell the whole story, and the series has deviated from that too. :o

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ugh, the Tyrell army is going to get slaughtered isn't it? ffs.

(and probably Olenna, Margaery and Mace with it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

I think not. We still have no idea what olenna and other lannister dude who's name escapes me where yakking about in those secret council meetings

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Benjen or Coldhands to pick up Meera and Bran.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Can't ****ing wait to see that High Sparrow dickhead get his comeuppance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads i dunno where this Gilly and Sam thing is going especially Horn hill unless
    It was some thing to do with Randall having and Valerian sword
    but that has never been mentioned in the show. I know Sam has importance because he seems to be the only Maester wanna be that has an interest in the history of keeping white walkers at bay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Sound the continuity alert klaxon!

Last season when Cersei does her walk of atonement, she leaves the temple and walks down the steps to a street.

got-5x10-cersei-walk-of-shame.jpg

Now Margery & the Sparrow stand before the same temple and before them is a large square..

athrone.png

Surely an error... but perhaps a necessary one if battle is to commence.

Ugh, the Tyrell army is going to get slaughtered isn't it?

Well, they seem to be bearing spears.
    Like the Unsullied in Myrene, spears are of less use in close quarter combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sound the continuity alert klaxon!

Last season when Cersei does her walk of atonement, she leaves the temple and walks down the steps to a street.

Now Margery & the Sparrow stand before the same temple and before them is a large square..

There are several entrances into the building;

Door to their right and possibly left here;

got402_1.jpg

and one in the opposite corner when the camera has switched around;

https://gameofthronesguide.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/27.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I know it's not 100%, but there are a couple highly interesting cast members listed for next week's episode on imdb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭PressRun

I'm a bit worried about what's going to happen here. There's no way the High Sparrow isn't anticipating some sort of violent push-back from the Tyrells and Lannisters. I feel like someone important is going to get caught in the crossfire.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I know it's not 100%, but there are a couple highly interesting cast members listed for next week's episode on imdb.

I hope they do that well.

Merra is dragging the twice-her-size Bran through the deep snow with the army of the dead about 20 seconds behind her.

They should be dead.

Next week's cast member will have a tough challenge plausibly extricating them....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I kind of thought that was Cersei's plan all along, or at least have Margaery offed in the hubbub.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I kind of thought that was Cersei's plan all along, or at least have Margaery offed in the hubbub.
    Yes, I'm sure it is her plan. However it's very obvious and Olenna would see through it immediately. There's no way Cersei outwits Olenna unless, eh, well, the writers need to get the Tyrells out of the way because the finish line is in sight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I remember the talk when Richard E. Grant was announced as playing the leader of a travelling theatre troupe, and he arrived tonight - not on the stage, but that's him backstage telling Bianca she must do better. I suspect we're going to see a lot more if him: you don't cast such a respected actor for a few lines.

Didn't he say something to her about how there are no small parts? That would suggest that he's not going to have a small part in the upcoming plot anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Since I wrote that, I've become aware that the theatre troupe does appear in a book - specifically, in an advance chapter from The Winds of Winter. Not that that's much of a spoiler, since it doesn't tell the whole story, and the series has deviated from that too. :o

There is a troupe, of which Arya is a member, but what we saw this week bears absolutely no resemblance to what was in TWoW. Be interesting to see if there's an angle beyond "Arya's first job".

Very interested to see what happens in King's Landing. If Tyrrell army is crushed and their power destroyed, it would be an utter travesty as it would mean the Queen of Thorns made a cataclysmic, idiotic blunder, which she just doesn't do.

Another thing nagging at me is that this "friendly" army appears to have been readily welcomed into the city. The last time the gates were opened for a friendly army, some very bad things happened...

Advertisement