Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending tenancy to do weekly letting

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tell them informally that your under finicial pressure and may have to sell soon and they might just go them selves soon

Graham wrote: »
    It's also worth pointing out that should the property be made available for reletting after the 'substantial refurbishment', the property must be offered back to the evicted tenant.

Yeah I understand that, the fact they will almost definitely have signed a lease elsewhere though means you can offer but they won't be able to take you up on it.
    bigpink wrote: »
    Tell them informally that your under finicial pressure and may have to sell soon and they might just go them selves soon

Good point actually raising a bit of uncertainty may make them think it's time to move on of their own accord.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Yeah I understand that, the fact they will almost definitely have signed a lease elsewhere though means you can offer but they won't be able to take you up on it.

That won't prevent the tenants from taking a case to the PRTB should the renovations turn out to be a lick of paint and a change of cushion covers.

Graham wrote: »
    That won't prevent the tenants from taking a case to the PRTB should the renovations turn out to be a lick of paint and a change of cushion covers.

I know that hence why I asked how significant the renovations were. With all the facts people are in a better position to help the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

You should have researched all this before becoming a landlord. You cannot do what you want to do is the answer. What you can do is sell the house or suck it up and next time look before you leap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

hollytrees wrote: »
    I own the house and wish to make it as presentable as possible to potential buyers so I am well within my rights to ask the tenants to move out.

I never planned to rent my house out but had to due to a sick relative. My question has been answered and I thank everyone who was able to tell me the answers in a civil manner so all you other trolls/time wasters do not need to respond.

In the space of 24 hours you have switched position from 'ending tenancy to do weekly letting' to evicting tenants so you can tidy up for selling. Rightly or wrongly, it's understandable that some people would conclude you're not genuinely planning to sell the property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

hollytrees wrote: »
    I feel sorry for you if all you have for doing is coming on here making nasty comments. I own the house and wish to make it as presentable as possible to potential buyers so I am well within my rights to ask the tenants to move out.

I never planned to rent my house out but had to due to a sick relative. My question has been answered and I thank everyone who was able to tell me the answers in a civil manner so all you other trolls/time wasters do not need to respond.

And when the LT tenants (whom you've already raised rent upon)you turfed out see the property on airbnb (your original and actual reason for evicting) they will be well within their rights to bring you up in front of the PRTB.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note: Thread closed. I think the OP has plenty of advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement