Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro12 Semi-Final 2: Connacht vs Glasgow, Galway 21 May 18.30. Live Sky, TG4, BBC Alba

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

But why do you hate Connacht?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

what is the time frame for citings with the pro12?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Glasgow
    Adbrowne wrote: »
    what is the time frame for citings with the pro12?

I think we are better off without Rodney with the frame of mind he is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

FACECUTTR wrote: »

Should be cited for not giving a toss about the team paying his wages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

If one of Buckley, White or O'Donnell were available I'd 100% agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Glasgow
    b.gud wrote: »
    If one of Buckley, White or O'Donnell were available I'd 100% agree

He is not reliable. McGrath will take him apart in the scrum and he offers nothing but knock ons and penalties in the loose. Unless he has a few sports psychology sessions this week he is better off at home in Belfast because that's where his head is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

When Mr. Aki wants you to dance, you dance:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Glasgow
    Well Nacewua Teo'o and Rob Kearney are fit. 13 if not 14 out of 15 are recent international player (with Teo'o and Ringrose very soon to be, this summer). Lam is tongue in cheek but right. If you want to compare just those who are in the starting XV yeah it's "only" 7-8 Leinster boys, but in this case only 1 Connacht player (Henshaw). The ratio is worse than the 18/7 of extended squads (including the 3 south hemisphere gems of both teams)

He is not reliable. McGrath will take him apart in the scrum and he offers nothing but knock ons and penalties in the loose. Unless he has a few sports psychology sessions this week he is better off at home in Belfast because that's where his head is at the moment.

Bealham will be starting so he'll be the one that will be dealing with McGrath. I'm not talking about starting him. Just he's the best bench option we have atm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/36371264

Finn Russellout of scotlands tour. Still in hospital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Glasgow
    Adbrowne wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/36371264

Finn Russellout of scotlands tour. Still in hospital

Was obviously very serious, was it a skull fracture? Hopefully he recovers well and is back for next season

Bazzo wrote: »
    Was obviously very serious, was it a skull fracture? Hopefully he recovers well and is back for next season

havent seen any details but they say he doesnt require surgery.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Dan McFarland and Dan Parks
    It looked pretty serious at the time. They were treating him for about 10 minutes on the pitch and he was getting the gas too.

Hope Aki stays away from Sexton on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Glasgow
    Hope Aki stays away from Sexton on Saturday.

The other way round surely... Aki didn't break all those Glasgow players, they broke themselves trying to tackle him!

Treadhead wrote: »
    The other way round surely... Aki didn't break all those Glasgow players, they broke themselves trying to tackle him!

And Sexton is exactly the kind of player to get himself injured when tackling someone.The Leinster contingent in the Irish squad could drop considerably before Saturday is over.

And Sexton is exactly the kind of player to get himself injured when tackling someone.The Leinster contingent in the Irish squad could drop considerably before Saturday is over.

The fact that Sexton tackles high will probably benefit him, in injury terms, against Aki. The 3 players who had to go off after tackling him all went low. Although him going high on Aki won't be all that successful, could be similar to his attempt on Henderson last weekend.

I wonder will Paddy powers offer odds on how many players bet injured tackling Aki :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

According to Neil Frances (I know, I know) Russell was transferred to the neurological unit in Beaumont afterwards. That's very serious. Really hope he makes a full recovery.

BrokenMan wrote: »
    According to Neil Frances (I know, I know) Russell was transferred to the neurological unit in Beaumont afterwards. That's very serious. Really hope he makes a full recovery.

Glasgow have confirmed that themselves. Was sent from Galway to Beaumont but his condition has improved significantly and they expect him to be released by the end of the week.
    Beaumont is the main brain injury hospital in the country, it must have been very serious to send him there.

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Glasgow have confirmed that themselves. Was sent from Galway to Beaumont but his condition has improved significantly and they expect him to be released by the end of the week.
    Beaumont is the main brain injury hospital in the country, it must have been very serious to send him there.

Let's hope it's just precautionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

I suspect it was precautionary as it was said no surgery was required. However it would seem to be a very severe concussion case

• Advertisement
Advertisement