Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You're spot on there. From reading the fantastic reviews the Id3 is getting here and everywhere else it will be my next car. Gonna have to wait a few years though... Who knows what'll be around in 3 years time. I definitely won't be going back to ice no matter what happens. The electric driving experience is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Anybody have a leaf granny charger they want to move on ?

or a blue plug , 16 amp plug to type 1 for a leaf

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is a few for sale on adverts apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Anyone selling a M3? LR or SR+ preferred?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,001 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Hi all, in the market for a longer range EV or possibly PHEV, around 40k budget, we had done a deal on a 2020 330e but its fallen through, have funds ready to go in case anyone is thinking about selling

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not sure what sort of car you are looking for, but you can get a Tesla Model S for that budget. it's a superb family car if you have a family of 4-5 (or even 7 - some of them have a 7 seat option) and need a big practical hatchback

It will be around 2014-2016 though and if you prefer a newer car that's still under manufacturer's warranty, you could buy a second hand Hyundai Kona for well under budget or a Kia eNiro. Or even splash out on a brand new Hyundai Ioniq 5, they start at €39k on the road

Not sure if you would be interested in those seeing as you were about to buy a BMW though! How about a BMW 530e if you want a PHEV?

We had a good look at the E niro and we're going to go ahead but there seems to be a shortage of them, very hard to find although my searching. Has been limited to done deal. She wants to buy somethi g ASAP which seems to rule out the ioniq or ev6 given the lead time. I'd love to try the tesla, not sure she'd be willing to go back that far though, although maybe if I can get a test drive that could swing her.

I wouldn't make any hasty decisions! A car is an expensive purchase and you'll likely have it for several years, so make sure you are happy with whatever you buy.

Both Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 launch models are available for immediate delivery, but in very small numbers. You might have to ring every single dealer in the country to see if any still have one available. Kia EV6 starts at €52k on the road. That's not cheap, you'd have a brand new Tesla Model 3 for less. This is very similar in size to the BMW 3-series you were looking at, a D-segment premium saloon car

At least go test drive all of the above cars before you make a decision!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I agree, I've already discounted the Ioniq5, I think the EV6 is a right looker (totally subjective view) but then when you throw the Tesla Model 3 into the mix you are looking beyond the car and into the ever expanding Tesla SuC network here and then (for me) the totally reliable SuC network of the Model 3 trumps the EV6.

Nothing beats the SuC network

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

AP on Tesla is also far ahead of the competition. And it's standard on all Teslas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Be interesting to see how many times someone actually uses it over the lifetime of the car if they have home charging. I'd guess rarely of ever.... It's not a decision that would come into my thinking for vehicle ownership on this island tbh.

That deserves its own thread really, listermint! A lot of Tesla owners rarely use supercharging in this country (myself included). But you do depend on public fast charging at least sometimes and it would be pretty bad if you get to a charger (with your family on board) and it is not working or you have to wait for several hours before it is free. Every EV owner in this country knows that this sometimes happens, most of us have personally experienced it to some degree

With the Tesla supercharging network, those problems are simply gone. No waiting (or only a few minutes) and never any unreliable or broken down ones. There are only a few of these in Ireland and they are no good to you at the moment if you travel between Dublin and Galway for example, but the network is ever expanding so all major roads are soon covered (like they are in continental Europe)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's just the safety net of knowing that you have a network of chargers that always work, never have queues, and is expanding all t he time.

When athenry (planning granted), enfield (works started on site) and Dublin (planning granted) are added to the existing 5 sites you get pretty nationwide coverage excluding south east and north west, without ever having to queue with the plebs at the ecars single point of failures, or the expensive ionity.

It's a huge selling point. Free supercharging is immense but even supercharger access is a huge commodity. There's soon to be 8 sites here.

True but is that remote insurance enough to exclude all other marques and options. For me no it's not. For some perhaps it is.

As with anything it's about weighing up but I think on balance the chances of needing it are nigh on rare for most users on this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That assurance could be gone in a few months as well once the network is opened up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The MG ZS EV is getting a facelift and a new battery that will give it a 440km range along with a host of improvements over the previous model. New infotainment, 360 cameras, MG pilot, voice controlled (open the panoramic sunroof for example), you can power other small items like mini fridges when camping from it via adapter (which is usually in much more expensive cars).

Pricing and test drives should be available in Nov. They are already on the boat for delivering in Dec. In the EU it is coming in at under 35k so I'd expect it not to be far off that. Next year a 300+ km range model is due at around 30k.

That's a lot of car for 35k with a full 7 year warranty too. Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I wonder what price they'll charge for non teslas?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I seen that today in the app update.

removes one of the best things about owning a Tesla in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe if you're using the network once a week but if it's something you use once in a blue moon it shouldn't really affect your opinion of the cars.

Has anyone managed to get a dual charger fitted? Thinking about future proofing, one hybrid on the way but considering changing the second car to fully electric next year, would ideally like to have a dual charger

Ye. So we can only have one manufacturer to rule them all .. ... ..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hybrid will have slow charging rate, an external socket would do the job, in any case it's pretty straightforward to charge an EV/Hybrid on alternative nights

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Tesla owners are a nice bunch arent they. The great unwashed are coming for you, get used to it

well actually I'm not a Tesla owner and havent been for months at this stage. We have one EV right now, an Ioniq 28

And you are likely to consider buying Tesla again in future. Tesla would do well to be very careful here and not p1ss potential customers off who buy Tesla mainly for the SuC network. It really is a USP. Tesla used to have many, but the other manufacturers are slowly catching up and SuC is the only really differentiating one left (that is important to most people)

• Advertisement

"I am likely to consider" - yes but now the likes of EQS, EQC, IPace, Etron, Taycan etc come into the consideration where they were ruled out before.

Advertisement