Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

not sure about that. Easily 175 in winter and over 200 km in mine. Obviously thats not belting up motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

DrPhilG likes belting up motorways (as do I). I think he got no more than 80km out of his Leaf in winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

unkel wrote: »
    DrPhilG likes belting up motorways (as do I). I think he got no more than 80km out of his Leaf in winter :D

Yeah 80km if it was cold and wet. Which meant on a Dublin run I'd be stopping every 50-60km to charge lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone got a home charge point to sell?

I think Gumbo has a basic one for sale? You could PM him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cyrus wrote: »
    Anyone got a home charge point to sell?
    I think Gumbo has a basic one for sale? You could PM him

Cheers but I sold all mine.
    Now I’m on the hunt to buy another for the parents :)

Here’s the thing, they have gone up in value over recent years. I paid €200 for my ABL h it and sold for €300 3 years later. I paid €225 for the bmw wallbox and sold for just under €300 this year too.

There’s a good 32a (7kw) one being sold by evonestop in the Uk for £229 plus £15 postage and I’m gona get that for the parents. It works out cheaper that what people are now looking for chargers online and with a warranty.

QUBEV - EV CHARGING UNIT | TYPE 2 SOCKET | 32 AMP/7.2 KW | IP65 | (17th Edition) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WW6ZWVN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_R6F6FbA26G0PW

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

Was looking at that same one myself and about to pull trigger. Will it come in duty free do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DM1983 wrote: »
    Was looking at that same one myself and about to pull trigger. Will it come in duty free do you know?

That's the big if isn't it, the deal is done, but it hasn't been approved by the UK parliament

You can order now and strictly speaking it should be tariff free since it was purchased before the transition period ended. Or play it safe and wait a few weeks to see how things work out

Alternatively you can order it from Amazon.de or another European site. You won't get free delivery but it could be worth it for certainty

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dcn90

Hey all, I’m putting an order in for a Tesla M3 so selling a 201 White Kona electric with 20k km. I have it up for €36500 but open to offers. I own a Safe Electric registered electrical contracting company so the price includes either of the following chargers installed; Andersen, Zappi, Wallbox, EO, Garo, and open to sourcing a different one should someone wish.

If interested PM me and I’ll send the link which is on DoneDeal, Carzone and Carsireland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dcn90 wrote: »
    Hey all, I’m putting an order in for a Tesla M3 so selling a 201 White Kona electric with 20k km. I have it up for €36500 but open to offers. I own a Safe Electric registered electrical contracting company so the price includes either of the following chargers installed; Andersen, Zappi, Wallbox, EO, Garo, and open to sourcing a different one should someone wish.

If interested PM me and I’ll send the link which is on DoneDeal, Carzone and Carsireland

If ordering a new Tesla make sure to use a referral code from one of the existing owners. You get free supercharging miles. So do I or whoever refers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Did you look at the other cars advertised before picking the price?

Gumbo wrote: »
    If ordering a new Tesla make sure to use a referral code from one of the existing owners. You get free supercharging miles. So do I or whoever refers you.

Thanks a mill, I got one of these referral codes from a kind friend, they’re a great idea!

L-M wrote: »
    Did you look at the other cars advertised before picking the price?

Yes I did indeed, it seems to be priced right; i.e., on Carsireland there’s only one 2020 model cheaper, and the rest are between 37-40. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Yes I did indeed, it seems to be priced right; i.e., on Carsireland there’s only one 2020 model cheaper, and the rest are between 37-40. Thanks for the reply!

Personally, if I was buying a car in that price range from a private seller id want a significant discount vs buying from a dealer.

I know the car is covered by warranty etc. but there is extra piece of mind by buying from a dealer, especially in this price range.

Anyway, best of luck with the sale. M3 will be a nice upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Casati

Personally, if I was buying a car in that price range from a private seller id want a significant discount vs buying from a dealer.

I know the car is covered by warranty etc. but there is extra piece of mind by buying from a dealer, especially in this price range.

Anyway, best of luck with the sale. M3 will be a nice upgrade!

You can get a brand new Kona on the road for 36300 with eco upgrade deal. Also can avail of 3.9% Apr and five year servicing. I can’t see a secondhand one sold privately worth more

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Might be worth looking at Carzone (Much more popular) and what they are new. You’re going to need to be close to 30k to sell that car. There’s the same car in a dealer with a 10th of the mileage for the same piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭galaxy12

Any decent EV's someone can recommend in this budget ?
    I was looking for a 181 Niro or Kona due to the much higher range they have over say a used nissan leaf ..

Any thoughts ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

galaxy12 wrote: »
    I was looking for a 181 Niro or Kona due to the much higher range they have over say a used nissan leaf ..

Any thoughts ?

I think the earliest e-niro and kona is '19 and there isn't that many of them

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Any thoughts ?

What budget? You don't mention one.

And the niro and Kona were not fully electric in 2018 as far as I know. 2019 and beyond. They would be 28-33k in price range. Kona on the low end, niro on the higher end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Looking at suggested selling prices please.

151D Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4h
    50k miles (UK Import)
    Full dealer service history.
    Immac generally.
    Gunmetal grey
    Fully installed towbar with electrics used for bike rack and never towing.

What sort of money could I expect in a private sale?

Mentioned budget in the subject line

Budget is 25 K . can stretch it to around 28 K .Am I better of waiting a few months ?

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Looking at suggested selling prices please.

151D Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4h
    50k miles (UK Import)
    Full dealer service history.
    Immac generally.
    Gunmetal grey
    Fully installed towbar with electrics used for bike rack and never towing.

What sort of money could I expect in a private sale?

Similar / exactly same with less miles @ 21.5k https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mitsubishi/outlander/fpa/201904106816525?journey=Search

Higher mileage @ 17.5k - https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mitsubishi/outlander/fpa/202012026698681?journey=Search

Something like 19/20k potentially?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Thats what I thought roughly.
    Thanks

Mentioned budget in the subject line

Budget is 25 K . can stretch it to around 28 K .Am I better of waiting a few months ?

Subject line doesn't appear if you're on the mobile site :)

25K is probably a bit low for a Kona, and definitely out of E-Niro range, the demand for E-Niros is very high so they're holding their value well. Cheapest one I've seen is in NI for £33k

You're probably in the range for a Leaf40 second hand, maybe a second hand Ioniq38 in a few months. You might also be able to argue down a brand new MG ZS EV to that price

Can you give us an idea of your daily driving? Do you travel long distance a lot and do you have access to home charging? Those questions are pretty key for figuring out which is the best car for your budget

There's a €29k asking price 2019 Kona in the bargain thread. If you are serious, go and buy that, offer €28k, get a bargain, job done.

As always with bargains though, they are only for the people ready to pull the trigger. They never "happen" to a procrastinator who sits on the fence or someone who only starts to think about getting their finance ready when they see a bargain...

There's a €29k asking price 2019 Kona in the bargain thread. If you are serious, go and buy that, offer €28k, get a bargain, job done.

As always with bargains though, they are only for the people ready to pull the trigger. They never "happen" to a procrastinator who sits on the fence or someone who only starts to think about getting their finance ready when they see a bargain...

Unkel is double jobbing as a motivational speaker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

"See it, believe it, (buy it), achieve it"!

Subject line doesn't appear if you're on the mobile site :)

25K is probably a bit low for a Kona, and definitely out of E-Niro range, the demand for E-Niros is very high so they're holding their value well. Cheapest one I've seen is in NI for £33k

You're probably in the range for a Leaf40 second hand, maybe a second hand Ioniq38 in a few months. You might also be able to argue down a brand new MG ZS EV to that price

Can you give us an idea of your daily driving? Do you travel long distance a lot and do you have access to home charging? Those questions are pretty key for figuring out which is the best car for your budget

I used to do in total a max of 100 km a week which is mostly driving around Dublin . Not sure if I would be doing that anymore in the foreseeable future...
    Driving out to cork about once every few months in a mondeo 08 petrol .
    No home charger but located very close to 2 public charging point within minutes of where I am .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I used to do in total a max of 100 km a week which is mostly driving around Dublin . Not sure if I would be doing that anymore in the foreseeable future...
    Driving out to cork about once every few months in a mondeo 08 petrol .
    No home charger but located very close to 2 public charging point within minutes of where I am .

If you are getting an ev you would want to be able to install a charge point at home really.

Advertisement