Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards presents: Best Money in the Bank Cash-In Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Daniel Bryan. It was great to see him get his first title win, and I loved him yelling at a very distraught Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

"For everyone who has supported me...this is for you!"

DB all the way. This triggered his heel run, which in turn triggered his run into a megastar.

It was nice to see Kane win the belt again but seeing DB do something I thought i'd never ever ever see was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    "For everyone who has supported me...this is for you!"

DB all the way. This triggered his heel run, which in turn triggered his run into a megastar.

It was nice to see Kane win the belt again but seeing DB do something I thought i'd never ever ever see was awesome.

I'm gonna vote Daniel Bryan for the same reasons. My hope is that Kevin Owens can go do the same at this year's MITB. Him winning clean vs Styles makes me think this is really possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

It's a YES for Daniel Bryan who also goes into the next round...

This time we have...

CM Punk - 7/6/09 (Extreme Rules: 2nd cash-in)

hqdefault.jpg

After winning the World Heavyweight Title from Edge in a ladder match, CM Punk hit Jeff Hardy with 2 GTS's to take the championship.

VS

Rob Van Dam - 11/6/06 (ECW One Night Stand)

hqdefault.jpg

RVD would notify Cena in advance of his cash in, as they would battle in the main event of ECW One Night Stand for the WWE Championship. Thanks to some interference from Edge, RVD would be able to claim his first and only WWE title victory.

It's CM Punk for me. RVD vs Cena was a great match but it being pre-announced just made it feel like a normal match to me rather than anything MITB related. The best part of MITB is not knowing when it's gonna happen, and no matter how many times you think you know, you rarely do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

While the Punk cash in was the start of a solid heel run for Mr. Punk, it has to go to RVD. Despite announcing ahead of time where he was cashing in, the lack of surprise didn't take away from what was a great match in front of a fairly rabid crowd. It was just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll go RVD. A fascinating match because of the crowd, and I liked Heyman's role near the end counting the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

RVD. If you are going to do a pre-announced cash in then that's the type of crowd to do it with. Unbelievable atmosphere. Wasn't crazy about the Edge cameo though. Harsh on Punk all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I started watching wrestling again just before punk cashed. I was huge fan of hardy and really really liked their fued that followed. I will go with punk. He made me dislike him so much. Great heel work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Van Dam all day long. The promo where he announced the cash in was top dollar. ''I'm gonna cash in somewhere where the odds will be extremely in my favour''. Brilliant.

• Advertisement

This still going?

Apologies. RVD moves through to the next round...

CM Punk - 30/6/08 (Raw: 1st cash-in)

2vc6efm.jpg

Punk would win his first World championship by preying on a fallen Edge. Nailing him with the GTS, he would pick up the win.

VS

Jack Swagger - 2/4/10 (Smackdown)

Cez7s63WwAEw8Lb.jpg

After Edge attacked an injured Chris Jericho, Swagger cashed in, hitting his patented Gutwrench Powerbomb to claim the World Heavyweight Championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cm punk for the win brother ! Swagger is a jabroni

I saw Swagger's MITB win as a shock and then to cash it in within 3 or 4 days, on Smackdown of all things, was a bit crazy and unpredictable. Also heel on heel was a nice dynamic too. I'll go Swagger.

Just to let people know that this match up is still ongoing. If people would like to cast votes, then great! :)

I wasn't watching wee at the time of punks first cash in. Didn't he lose it pretty badly by a backstage attack injury angle?.

I'll go with swagger. He certainly tried when champion. I did like his trophy stand promos.

I wasn't watching wee at the time of punks first cash in. Didn't he lose it pretty badly by a backstage attack injury angle?.

I'll go with swagger. He certainly tried when champion. I did like his trophy stand promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I'm voting for Swagger only because I loved his goofy all american american shtick

In my opinion, a shock result sees Jack Swagger move on at the expense of Punk. Last round is possibly going to be the most one sided...

Damien Sandow - 28/10/13 (Raw)

maxresdefault.jpg

The Intellectual Savior of the Masses would cash-in on an injured John Cena, however he would go on to lose his guaranteed title match.

VS

Edge - 8/1/06 (New Year's Revolution: 1st cash-in)

4_original_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=354&q=75

The one that started it all. Having won the inaugural Money in the Bank contract, the Ultimate Opportunist struck when champion John Cena was battered and bruised following a grueling Elimination Chamber match. Hitting him with two Spears after beginning a new match, Edge shocked the world to become the WWE champion for the first time in his career.

Edge definitely. The original and imo the best one ever. It saved that event and it made Edge a star.

• Advertisement

I vote Edge. Can't beat the original.

Edge. It was a good shock cash in, but even if it wasn't Sandow's was unfortunately quite probably the worst cash in.

Sandow's was literally a case of getting MITB out of the way so MITB was no longer a thing in the title picture. Edge wins by default and it came at a time where I wasn't even watching.

Unsurprisingly Edge makes his way through to the quarter finals!

Quarter Final No. 1

Randy Orton

VS

Jack Swagger

First to four votes for the quarters. Even though most if not all votes have included reasons, we'll make it a prerequisite from now on in order for it to count! Vote away!

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I'm voting for Swagger. It was some of his best work. ..and f**k Randy Boreton. How dare he beat Daniel Bryan

Even though I disliked Orton as The Authority's champ, I thought the manner of the cash-in was well done and more meaningful that Swagger's one; so I will go for Orton.

I don't think I can forgive Orton's cashin for spearheading well over a year of the Authority, it wasn't that well executed either with Bryan seeming to be on the ground for an eternity before the pin, Swagger wins.

I'm voting for Orton here because I actually didn't see it coming and was left stunned. This happened at the 2nd biggest ppv of the year vs a Swagger cash in on a taped Smackdown.

This is still ongoing, and tied at 2-2. If people would like to vote, that would be great! :)

• Advertisement

Cheese, from experience of running these things, you're as well to set the matches to 24 hours to keep them ticking over. Maybe a bump if needed before it expires. What I used to do was let whoever was in the lead go through after the 24 hours and if it was a tie of cast a vote myself or else you could put it to sudden death or something. Best of luck :)

Advertisement