Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards presents: Best Money in the Bank Cash-In Tournament

Options
  • 19-05-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

We all love a good MITB cash-in. When it first came about, it truly changed the game in terms of shocks and surprises. While now people may think it has gotten a bit stale, there is no doubt that it has provided some outstanding moments in WWE.

There have been 16 cash-ins in total, so this should be relatively straightforward to run off quickly! For the first round, 3 votes will suffice.

So, here we go! First up...

Edge - 11/5/07 (Smackdown, 2nd cash-in)

hqdefault.jpg

Edge wins the MITB from Mr. Kennedy, and then cashes in days later on none other than the Undertaker!

VS

Seth Rollins - 29/3/15 (Wrestlemania 31)

seth-rollins-wwe-33015.jpg

Seth cashes in on the grandest stage of them all, defeating both Roman Reigns & Brock Lesnar in the one night to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

That's a tough one. I really marked out when Rollins Carter in. I would have to give it edge though. First winner of the case. The build up. The Matt hardy stuff. Then to cash it in after a elimination chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Rollins one was good, and I expect it will win the tie, but I enjoyed the manner in which Edge cashed in on Taker, so my vote will go to Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

That's a tough one. I really marked out when Rollins Carter in. I would have to give it edge though. First winner of the case. The build up. The Matt hardy stuff. Then to cash it in after a elimination chamber.

Remember now, this is Edge's second cash in. Not the first one on John Cena back in 2006. If you still wish to keep your vote as Edge, then great but otherwise I'll leave this as a pending vote for now.

I'm going to vote for Seth Rollins. A brilliant moment, capping off a memorable year for a phenomenally talented wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has to be Rolllins. It saved a Mania main event.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seth. It was massively shocking, 100% unexpected, and it staved off the dreaded Roman Reigns title reign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,886 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rollins at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

So much of the MITB hype is that truly surprising mark out moment when that briefcase holder's music hits and business picks up.

Both of these rank high but Rollins was special for sure. It was a Mania, was a perfect moment to cash in and it gave us a new very worthy WWE champion.

Rollins by a good bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rollins by a margin.

Edge's, iirc, was spoiled cause they did it on a Smackdown. Rollins was at Mania. The spectacle was far bigger, imo, for Rollins. Plus it saved us from a Reigns title reign. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There have ben 16 cash ins?

I vote Rollins for this one. Like was said it ws so unexpected and just was such a big deal at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Rollins..just for the impact of the cash in happening in the Wrestlemania main event

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Remember now, this is Edge's second cash in. Not the first one on John Cena back in 2006. If you still wish to keep your vote as Edge, then great but otherwise I'll leave this as a pending vote for now.

I'm going to vote for Seth Rollins. A brilliant moment, capping off a memorable year for a phenomenally talented wrestler.

A Jaysus. Misread it. I've forgotten Edges second cash in!. Seth Rollins then ha!

Seth cruises into the quarter finals. Up next...

Alberto Del Rio - 14/8/11 (Summerslam)

hqdefault.jpg

Alberto cashes in on a prone CM Punk, who was attacked by Kevin Nash moments after defeating John Cena for the WWE Championship.

VS

Sheamus - 22/11/15 (Survivor Series)

hqdefault.jpg

Moments after winning the vacant WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Sheamus strikes to Brogue Kick Roman Reigns' head off and claim the title. Sheamus 5:15 says I just kicked your arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Alberto as the shock factor was there was all kinds of crazy going on.

sheamus was just so obiovus and sucked the crowd hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Two kinda meh ones. Del Rio's had shenanigans and Sheamo wasn't all that credible really. I'll go Sheamus, but not by much.

PS great idea this tournament, fair play Cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Del Rio one may be the most forgettable one ever, so on that basis I will go for Sheamus.

Ill go Del Rio. Not a bad cash in and his feud with Punk is sort of underrated.

Sheamo's reign as Mr.M.I.T.B was a total lame duck. I'm fairly sure they have no long term plans for the suitcase winner but it was never more clear than the last MITB.

Del Rio wins. Not a great one but the Sheamus one didn't work because he wasn't over as a heel and Reigns wasn't over as a face.

Alberto saunters through to the quarters also.

Next we have...

Randy Orton - 13/8/13 (Summerslam)

04-07_zpsce026921.jpg

Randy stole the title from the newly crowned champion Daniel Bryan after Triple H Pedigreed him in the middle of the ring. This was after he had just beaten John Cena.

VS

The Miz - 22/11/10 (Raw)

hqdefault.jpg

Miz cashed in to win the title from Randy Orton after he suffered a beatdown at the hands of the Nexus.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Randy Orton. The ultimate buzzkill after an amazing moment

Yeah has to be Orton, Bryan was getting popular already but this made him.

• Advertisement

The Miz getting the championship was something different but I'll go with Orton here. Very dastardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Orton for me as it helped establish Bryan as a main eventer.

Orton cruises through to the last 8...

Up next...

John Cena - 23/7/12 (Raw 1000)

screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-4-56-09-pm.png

Big Match John cashed in his title match at Raw 1000, only to win by disqualification when the Big Show interfered in his fight with CM Punk.

VS

Dolph Ziggler - 8/4/13 (Post-Wrestlemania Raw)

73284f07f03d4b2943403d2edc3a107a.jpg

Dolph cashed in on Alberto Del Rio after he defeated Jack Swagger & Zeb Colter in a handicap match. While it looked like Alberto would retain, Dolph eventually hit the Zig-Zag for the win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dolph, by an inconceivably wide margin. The pop was massive, people loved it. Shame Swagger wound up concussing Ziggler, cutting his reign short.

Dolph x 1000.

That pop, the timing and the fact it was one of those perfect times fans got exactly what they wanted.

They should have strapped the rocket to Ziggler right after this moment and made him number one baby face but they fluffed it.

Ziggler, I can't see myself not voting for him in any one of these matches. While it didn't have Rollin's main event at Mania feel, it was definitely the one that was best executed. Face turn completed for Ziggler.

Dolph all day. Hot crowd getting exactly what they want and everyone at home probably felt the same. Guy was heel at the time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dolph wins this round easy, but RVD should win the whole thing as it produced one of the best matches in his and Cena's careers.

Dolph canters into the next round, and definitely looks to be an early favourite.

Up next, a clash of former tag team partners...

Kane - 18/7/10 (Money in the Bank)

526x297-Ku8.jpg

The Big Red Machine won the MITB briefcase, and went on to cash in on the very same night to take the title from Rey Mysterio.

VS

Daniel Bryan - 18/12/11

04-06_zps272ccaac.jpg

After having his initial cash-in on Smackdown voided, Daniel Bryan would successfully cash-in his title opportunity at TLC after an attack by Mark Henry.

• Advertisement

I'll say Kane based on the fact it was a novelty to have a cash-in on the same night the briefcase was won.

Advertisement