Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players to watch this (2016/2017) season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Arnautovic heading to Everton,could be a points machine under Koeman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

zerks wrote: »

Interesting
    Very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

But Mirallas? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Taking a chance on Fabregas. Pretty sure he'll be Conte's type of player and be pretty nailed on 4 starts. Hopefully in an advanced role, but if not then it should be him and Kante in CM, in which case he should have plenty of licence to get forward anyway. Good chance he'll be at least sharing set piece duties too

No Nolito love?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

manual_man wrote: »
    No Nolito love?

I had him in then out then in now out again. Will he start is the question? City have so much depth. Where will he fit in? Him and Kun upfront.

I had him in then out then in now out again. Will he start is the question? City have so much depth. Where will he fit in? Him and Kun upfront.

pretty sure he'll start with Silva, KDB and Kun. can't see Pep putting up with Sterling much

edit: Silva a safer option at the same price though, although if both start i'd fancy Nolito to outscore him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

manual_man wrote:
    pretty sure he'll start with Silva, KDB and Kun. can't see Pep putting up with Sterling much

Iheanacho will steal a lot of Nolito's game time.

spock. wrote: »
    Iheanacho will steal a lot of Nolito's game time.

Not sure about that. I reckon Iheanacho will be used mostly again as a sub for Aguero when the game's won or as a replacement when he's injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm definitely keeping a close eye on Iheanacho. I'm sure his agent will be pushing for him to get regular starts now or to be let go somewhere else so that he can get more starts and develop.

I'm really tinkering with the idea of staying away from premium strikers. There is a very tempting list of strikers available for 6.5 million like Long, Gray, Negredo, Carroll,

Just above them for 7.0 are Deeney, Defoe, Rashford and Iheanacho. Some of them have question marks over starts but will be bargains if they are starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm really tinkering with the idea of staying away from premium strikers. There is a very tempting list of strikers available for 6.5 million like Long, Gray, Negredo, Carroll,

Just above them for 7.0 are Deeney, Defoe, Rashford and Iheanacho. Some of them have question marks over starts but will be bargains if they are starting.

The premium strikers are traditionally the best captain options, so that's a very risky strategy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The premium strikers are traditionally the best captain options, so that's a very risky strategy
    I found last season that it was midfielders that were the most dependable options for the armband for the most part.
    The start of last season was not a good one for premium strikers if you remember.

Costa, Aguero, Kane and the other premium strikers did very little at the start of last season if you remember. I'll be using my wildcard most likely in the first four weeks so it's not a huge risk imo.

If I'm lucky I'll have this years Vardy/Ighalo/Wilson from the start and it won't set me back to bring him in later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Doesn't mean that it will be the same the start of this season. Costa was explosive two seasons ago from the start and I'm sure RvP, Suarez, Aguero, etc. were in the seasons before when I wasn't hardcore.
    I don't think anyone is essential, but you're running a big risk not even owning Aguero for GW1 against Sunderland. I thought I could cover his points for a bit last season with KDB, but got lit up in the Palace home match

But Mirallas? :(

Delofeou being used in a striker role by Koeman,scored within 2 minutes this evening.

Delofeou being used in a striker role by Koeman,scored within 2 minutes this evening.

Seen his name mentioned on FFS this morning too .......lukaku not back yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

great except that they never credit him with his assists

#JusticeForDeulofeu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

There's a bargain to be found in that Everton midfield but picking the right one before the season starts will be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

There's a bargain to be found in that Everton midfield but picking the right one before the season starts will be tricky.

For the sake of humanity itself I hope Gareth Barry doesn't prove to be the right choice for two seasons in a row as 14 transfers guy proved :(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I see on BBC that Mertesacker will miss the first few months. Its Gabriel time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

shineon23 wrote:
    For the sake of humanity itself I hope Gareth Barry doesn't prove to be the right choice for two seasons in a row as 14 transfers guy proved

I'd have him ahead of Capoue if I was going for a 5th cheap MF

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I see on BBC that Mertesacker will miss the first few months. Its Gabriel time!

Wenger has said he'll be dipping in to the transfer market as a result - probably for backup to Kosc and Gabriel while Mert is out - but you never know

Arnautovic staying at Stoke,signed a new deal.That's my Everton plans changed.

For anyone thinking of going with victor valdes .......boro also signed Brad Guzan today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    For anyone thinking of going with victor valdes .......boro also signed Brad Guzan today

All the more reason to pick Valdes!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

What are peoples thoughts on Rooney? Jose always liked him and put in several bids for him, for only 9 he could have a great season. I personally think Jose will start him and he's already said he won't be playing up front. Banged 2 in yesterday (only pre-season etc). Martial will play on the wing for sure. Just some thoughts interested so view some opinions. I currently have lukaku in at the same price but he will be going on my watch list for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wenger has said he'll be dipping in to the transfer market as a result - probably for backup to Kosc and Gabriel while Mert is out - but you never know

No faith in mister Holding?

dsmythy wrote: »
    No faith in mister Holding?

huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just wondering what people's thoughts on Bojan as a 6.0 mid are?
    Just got through most of the rate my team thread & he doesn't feature much in teams.
    Didn't want to post the question in there as felt I was going off topic so hope this thread is ok.
    I know his injury record, but is he likely to play regularly if he avoids injury? Scored in their last pre season game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

huh?

Rob Holding. Is he good enough to mess up our Arsenal centre back plans. Long shot but wouldn't surprise me.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Rob Holding. Is he good enough to mess up our Arsenal centre back plans. Long shot but wouldn't surprise me.

I'd doubt it considering his lack of experience. Pretty sure Wenger will buy an established CB - Mustafi (German international) seems most likely at the moment

Advertisement