Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players to watch this (2016/2017) season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Why? Don't rate him at all for FF tbh

I've checked back over his stats, you're right.
    Rose tinted glasses from a hot patch he went through a few seasons back for me in a draft style league I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Asoro for Sunderland. Not been added yet but he might start getting game time later on. Should be added for 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Origi for Liverpool will be one to watch. Keeping Sturridge out of the team end of last season and looked very good vs Barcelona where he scored and got an assist off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, it's looking like Capoue is going to be a lot further forward than last year. He's the main link man between Watford's midfield and the top two at the moment. Mazzarri does want another 2/3 signings so I hope an AM isn't one of the positions as Capoue will be a bargain at 4.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SantryRed wrote:
    Lads, it's looking like Capoue is going to be a lot further forward than last year. He's the main link man between Watford's midfield and the top two at the moment. Mazzarri does want another 2/3 signings so I hope an AM isn't one of the positions as Capoue will be a bargain at 4.5m.

I was a big fan of his when at spurs. Was disappointed when Poch showed him the door so early... he can certainly stroke a ball around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My "this season's Mahrez" Redmond delivered today at least.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

From the same bargain bucket watchlist that last year brought you;
    Danny Simpson
    Adam Smith
    and ehh
    Oriol Romeu

Cheapies I'm watching;

DEF:

A):all 4.0

Donald Love (Sun)

Jordi Amat seems to be nailed on at Swansea.
    Kingsley played today, doubtful to continue starting but I'll leave him on my watchlist

I have Lenihan (Hull) he was slated to start but wasn't in the matchday squad.

B): 4.5

John O'Shea Seen an article that he played in Defensive MF. Watching him purely for that. Love and PVA are both ahead of him if I go for a Sunderland DEF

Jonny Evans: Card magnet. but West Brom have a decent run coming.

MID:
    Capoue (4.5) and Snodgrass (5.5) as they scored-will be watching Snodgrass on MOTD to see if he played close to the strikers

Shaun Maloney (4.5) if he plays when he's fully fit.

Højbjerg (4.5) looks to be a player, very good when he came on, took a corner iirc. JWP wasn't at the races today.

Oriol Romeu (4.5)
    Just because I love the man.
    Has a decent shot on him but I wouldn't expect him to do much more than get booked most weeks. Looks to be a certain starter in Wayanama's position.

Jack Rodwell (4.5)
    On the basis that I think David Moyes loves him as much as I love Romeu. Assist today done him no harm in my eyes

FW:
    Diomande (4.5)
    Was close to selecting him as a non-playing 3rd striker. I'll be considering him as a way to free up funds to upgrade MF's in next few weeks.

So i'm going for a strategy of throwing enough Sh1t at the wall and hope something sticks before I wildcard in a few weeks time and need funds in other positions. Nevertheless I'll be celebrating if any of the above chaps score int the meantime :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I was a big fan of his when at spurs. Was disappointed when Poch showed him the door so early... he can certainly stroke a ball around.

He made the Southampton midfield players look silly at times today. Incredible close control.

The Gooch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Just saw Snodgrass on MOTD. He'd a fantastic game and his set-piece taking was top class - definitely going on my Watchlist. Hull won't be breaking many goal scoring records this year, but I'd imagine he'll be involved in a majority of the goals they do score.

I have Vardy at the moment and while he was off the boil (he'd three great chances in the first half) I won't be dumping him yet. He missed a lot of chances, but he was still getting in decent positions and I imagine he'll get back to putting them away very soon. That said, if Ibra lifts off tomorrow, then I would prefer the prospects of an in-form Ibra at home to Southampton, than Vardy playing Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Just saw Snodgrass on MOTD. He'd a fantastic game and his set-piece taking was top class - definitely going on my Watchlist. Hull won't be breaking many goal scoring records this year, but I'd imagine he'll be involved in a majority of the goals they do score.

I have Vardy at the moment and while he was off the boil (he'd three great chances in the first half) I won't be dumping him yet. He missed a lot of chances, but he was still getting in decent positions and I imagine he'll get back to putting them away very soon. That said, if Ibra lifts off tomorrow, then I would prefer the prospects of an in-form Ibra at home to Southampton, than Vardy playing Arsenal.

Was just coming here to post the same about Snodgrass. Could be like Charlie Adam at Blackpool a few years back. Everything for the team will go through him and he'll be on all set pieces.

Cazorla. 2 assists in a 30 min cameo

manual_man wrote:
    Cazorla. 2 assists in a 30 min cameo

Not bad fir a lad who didn't want to come on!

Not bad fir a lad who didn't want to come on!

he didn't?

manual_man wrote:
    he didn't?

According to a few comments in the arsenal mega thread he looked piss ed off when getting off the bench.

According to a few comments in the arsenal mega thread he looked piss ed off when getting off the bench.

Well he probably would have preferred to be coming on at 0-0 as opposed to 3-1 down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

A consistent Barkley would be gold. The Villa lad (Gueye) looks a good buy for the toffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Valencia got forward so much and looked very involved today, judging by MOTD. Should have picked him ahead of Shaw. I believe he's a BPS magnet too.

Lamela and Delafeau also looked good at 7m and 6.5m. Might chance Delafeau if he keeps his place, with Evertons kind fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

ElTel wrote: »
    A consistent Barkley would be gold. The Villa lad (Gueye) looks a good buy for the toffees.

That's the third time he scored on the opening day. I'm sure if some of us here heard that stat before, we would have got him in :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    That's the third time he scored on the opening day. I'm sure if some of us here heard that stat before, we would have got him in :P

We'll all have him on the opening day now next season and he'll blank :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The stat before would have said he had scored in the previous two opening days though .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

3 opening day goals for Coutinho in the last two seasons now. That's half my midfield for 2017/18 sorted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The stat before would have said he had scored in the previous two opening days though .

Not for finnharpsboy :P

On my Southampton defense watch again so prepare for the worst advice going.

They were a shamble in first half against Watford but looked better in second half. Not running to buy again but this is my thinking on who I'll get in a few weeks.

Centre Backs: VVD (5.5) and AN other

Fonte situation is worth monitoring.
    Apparently he's refusing a new contract to force a move away.

Other CB options will be if he goes noone else is signed;

Yoshida-4.5 and dodgey: played this weekend on Fonte's absence

Gardos 4.0. Injured since the start of last season, I'd expect him to play if fit. He was starting in and got season's Europa League, his injury forced the club into buying VVD.

Bertrand (5.5) played here last season on occasion.

RB:
    Cedric started at weekend but was taken off for Pied.

Pied played well when on. I hear he can play in DF and MF
    Both are 5.0 so no real value when RB position is up in the air.

The possibility of Pied being moved into MF is worth watching.

Cuco Martina (4.5) is now 3rd choice RB. I can only see him playing if team is rotated due to Europa League matches.

LB:
    Bertrand (5.5) will play when fit-also an option at CB and LWB/LM.

Targett (4.5) if they got to a back 5, may feature at LWB. Can't see him playing consistently if at LB when Bertrand is fit.

GK:
    Forster (5.0) will start as long as he's fit. He'd be my safest pick at the minute as I don't want to splash 5.5 on VVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Most likely banking my transfer this week. It's very early days but players I'll be adding to the watchlist will be

Valencia, sounds like he got forward much more than Shaw, and could be the best option into the United defence.

Foster and the West Broms back four. Not sure what I was thinking, starting the new season without a Pulis defender

Midfield: Ramirez, very attack minded, could have goals and assists, only doubts, is will Boro get enough of either.

Martial. Not sure if he's the type of player that would fit Mourinho's plans but if he keeps his place, definitely one to consider.

Redmond v Tadic. Current have Tadic, will see how it pans out next 2/3 weeks.

It looks likely a Liverpool attacking midfielder will be a must for the season, just to pick the right one.

Similar story with Chelsea, have fear of Hazard doing damage tonight. With no European football, Chelsea cover will probably be a must have.

Payet/Ayew/Fegoulli, also could be options, think West Ham could have a good season.

Negredo, at 6.5 could be a good 3rd choice up front, but will give Gray another couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

4.0 Marc Wilson has joined Bournemouth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You'd think he'll be a starter there! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭basillarkin

FHFC wrote: »
    You'd think he'll be a starter there! :)

is he a LB? Does brad smith play there as well? and he didnt even start this GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

he was my 4.0 all preseason and then I switched to amat
    could be a really interesting one

• Advertisement

is he a LB? Does brad smith play there as well? and he didnt even start this GW

CB can LB AND CM
    imagine a 4.0 ml starting defender playing OOP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Love amat and Wilson its all coming together nicely.

Will Holgate keep his place in Coleman's absence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »
    Will Holgate keep his place in Coleman's absence?

No. He was playing as a 3rd CB. Williams will take his place.

Eddie Howe said Marc Wilson may go straight in at weekend as he has great experience and leadership qualities
    looks nailed on

Sterling? Is it mad to be considering him? He's been electric in City's first 2 games. £8M

manual_man wrote:
    Sterling? Is it mad to be considering him? He's been electric in City's first 2 games. £8M

Not mad. Not by any means. The ffs article is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Crossed my mind as well, but think I'll wait and see how the next 2/3 weeks go before pressing the transfer button on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Crossed my mind as well, but think I'll wait and see how the next 2/3 weeks go before pressing the transfer button on that one.

I'm the same. If Nolito doesn't perform at the weekend will probably be doing a WC and Sterling for Nolito will be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

If Mané's definitely out he could be my replacement, with an early WC on the cards to get him out again if it doesn't work out. Only thing holding me back is I'd have no Liverpool attacking coverage then....

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    From the same bargain bucket watchlist that last year brought you;
    Danny Simpson
    Adam Smith
    and ehh
    Oriol Romeu

Cheapies I'm watching;

MID:

Shaun Maloney (4.5) if he plays when he's fully fit.

Højbjerg (4.5) looks to be a player, very good when he came on, took a corner iirc. JWP wasn't at the races today.

I'm taking that as 2 victories for myself. In that Højbjerg started in favour of JWP :p

shineon23 wrote: »
    For the sake of humanity itself I hope Gareth Barry doesn't prove to be the right choice for two seasons in a row as 14 transfers guy proved :(:eek:

Not happy about Gareth Barry scoring though.

And that another of my shouts Oriol Romeu only lasted 12 mins though :(:(:(

Bony set for a move to Stoke. Could get a new lease of life you'd imagine he would be first choice. One to watch. Current price £7.3M

Bony set for a move to Stoke. Could get a new lease of life you'd imagine he would be first choice. One to watch. Current price £7.3M

They have a nice run coming up soon
    Straight onto watch list
    Himself and benteke will be popular options now

Swansea have signed a 22yr old CB from Barnsley for 5m. Probably nt straight into team but competition for Amat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Swansea have signed a 22yr old CB from Barnsley for 5m. Probably nt straight into team but competition for Amat.

This game is screaming "USE YOUR FCUKING WILDCARD"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A front three of Aguero (once he returns, Zlatan till he does), Bony and Benteke could be very decent indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

FutureGuy wrote: »
    This game is screaming "USE YOUR FCUKING WILDCARD"

Yeah, I'm gonna crack today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

The Swansea fans forums reckon he won't start immediately, and when he does it will be to replace Fernandez, who apparently has been a different kind of sh1te completely!

Benimar wrote: »
    The Swansea fans forums reckon he won't start immediately, and when he does it will be to replace Fernandez, who apparently has been a different kind of sh1te completely!

You're a star. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Runours on the BBC of Jay Rodriguez going to Sunderland or hull. Could be very useful.

Advertisement