Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players to watch this (2016/2017) season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SantryRed wrote: »
    Watford look to be moving towards a 3-5-2 next season. Meaning the possibilities of a 4m defender, and 4.5m full backs who will have a licence to bomb on.

After a few more friendlies and the launch of the game I'll report back on any possible cheapies....

After ighalo last year. We all await your report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

After ighalo last year. We all await your report.

I fear that :pac:

Ighalo is avoid central anyways as I think he is heading to the Olympics and the African Nations is also in January. However, Watford's fixtures are terrible for the opening 5 games so I'm not sure many Watford players will be on the radar until October.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fosu mensah starts right back for United today
    Darmian is not back yet but fosu mensah is defo one to watch for rest of preseason
    He is a Jose type full back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

SantryRed wrote:
    Watford look to be moving towards a 3-5-2 next season. Meaning the possibilities of a 4m defender, and 4.5m full backs who will have a licence to bomb on.

After a few more friendlies and the launch of the game I'll report back on any possible cheapies....

I think i got far too excited after reading that post.

I do apprecaite a starting defender under 4.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ings looking decent-ish in pre-season so far, might be an option for cheap 3rd striker option......looks to have made a good recovery from the injury.

I don't see him starting every game but should get a lot of game time under Klopp i would think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Ings looking decent-ish in pre-season so far, might be an option for cheap 3rd striker option......looks to have made a good recovery from the injury.

I don't see him starting every game but should get a lot of game time under Klopp i would think

Klopp plays 1 striker up front and he is 3rd or 4th choice he will be lucky if he starts a handful of games.

For the same price you could get a striker that starts every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Cartman78 wrote: »

Sturridge and Origi/Benteke not yet back in training following the Euros should probably temper the expectations around Ings for pre-season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭Cartman78

slingerz wrote: »
    Sturridge and Origi/Benteke not yet back in training following the Euros should probably temper the expectations around Ings for pre-season

Benteke will (hopefully) be sold soon and Sturridge's next injury crisis can't be too far away. As I said, I don't see Ings starting many (if any) games but he looks sharp and Klopp seems to like him.

But yeah....Liverpool seem to have about 20 players (most of them underwhelming it has to be said) for the 4 or 5 attacking positions so could be toxic in terms of FPL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Klopp plays 1 striker up front and he is 3rd or 4th choice he will be lucky if he starts a handful of games.

For the same price you could get a striker that starts every game.

yep, starting games is number one priority in fpl, a midfield or striker can get 76 points without actually doing anything.

yep, starting games is number one priority in fpl, a midfield or striker can get 76 points without actually doing anything.

I am speculating here but Gray for Burnley who will be involved in most of there goals will be around the same price as Ings.

Austin, Ighalo, Deeney off the top of my head similar examples.

Ings for a similar price hoping he starts because or injuries and suspensions I know which I would rather choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Anyone else thinking of Austin at Southampton. With Pelle gone and J Rod and Long both better off playing with a striker, Austin looks reasonably nailed on.

With the injuries he had last year he is bound to be cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Cant see ings being a starter as most of pool attackers will be fit on opening day. And with their fixtures not worth a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Jay Rodriguez me auld flower is down as a 6.5 midfielder!

Injury free and playing as part of a 3 man attack could be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rozz

I would definitely get N'Golo Kante especially when linked up with van Ginkel. They will make loads of thread from the middle pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Rozz wrote: »
    I would definitely get N'Golo Kante especially when linked up with van Ginkel. They will make loads of thread from the middle pitch.

Not sure if you are joking or not :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lots of talk that the new Southampton manager will be playing a diamond which would likely have Tadic at the tip. If that's the case, at £7.5m and with his fixtures he's worth a solid look.

Andros Townsend at £6.5m looks a very nice price as a 3rd midfield alongside 2 big guns or a 4th midfield in a mixed midfield. He was on fire for Newcastle when he joined in January and had 4 goals and 2 assists from 12 starts I believe. Attacking wide players seem to do quite well at Palace, and they've got home games against WBA, BOU and STO along with a trip to newly promoted MID in 4 of their first 5 games.

Watford played their first proper pre season game tonight and lined out 3-5-2 in a 3-1 win over Union Berlin. Deeney (pen), Capoue and Berghuis with the goals.

Interestingly, Capoue has now scored 2 in 2 games and has a lot more of a licence to go forward than under QSF with the strict and rigid 4-4-2. Could be a decent shout for the 4.5m midfielder if he keeps up the late runs into the box. I'd still avoid Watford at all costs until October though.

Colombian international Zuniga signed who I'd expect to play right wing back this season as Nyom isn't very good. Hasn't been added to the game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

SantryRed wrote: »
    Interestingly, Capoue has now scored 2 in 2 games and has a lot more of a licence to go forward than under QSF with the strict and rigid 4-4-2. Could be a decent shout for the 4.5m midfielder if he keeps up the late runs into the box. I'd still avoid Watford at all costs until October though.

He's a bit of a card magnet though, right? I'm currently on Kirchoff since he's nailed and likely to be in <1% teams and therefore less likely to price drop early

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lmrda

Negredo at Middlesbrough is interesting, if he's not priced too high, as they have an ok start

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zlatanosaurus

He's a bit of a card magnet though, right? I'm currently on Kirchoff since he's nailed and likely to be in <1% teams and therefore less likely to price drop early

Would avoid anyone who is a card magnet with the new FA player behaviour rules. Costa will be lucky to get to 90 mins every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Would avoid anyone who is a card magnet with the new FA player behaviour rules. Costa will be lucky to get to 90 mins every week

What new rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

He was last season. But again, he is a talented player and I definitely think he was frustrated in the role he was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Funes Mori, anyone? Definitely interested in an Everton def wih Koeman at the helm. £5.0M

• Registered Users Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Feghouli at 5.5 is interesting me, seems to be good reports about him in pre season so far and always liked the look of him at Valencia. This season's Mahrez perhaps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

manual_man wrote: »
    Funes Mori, anyone? Definitely interested in an Everton def wih Koeman at the helm. £5.0M

Tempting because of the attacking threat but Stones is surely the most nailed on? Unless he get a £50m move and then he will surely play for his new team also.

Tempting because of the attacking threat but Stones is surely the most nailed on? Unless he get a £50m move and then he will surely play for his new team also.

Kind of expecting Stones to move. Funes Mori was ahead of him in the pecking order for the 2nd half of last season, though yes hard to say who'll be first choice at this stage with new manager, possible transfers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FFS have Baines back on pens in their updated list of set piece takers. If that's correct, then he'd be worth the extra .5 over FM imo.

FFS have Baines back on pens in their updated list of set piece takers. If that's correct, then he'd be worth the extra .5 over FM imo.

Or maybe a double-up ;)

• Advertisement

If Chadli moves he will be first on my team-sheet, he has a great goalscoring record when he gets played.

Advertisement