Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ElectricIreland utilities

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

KCross wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with airtricity as far as I'm concerned. Been with them for years in 2 different houses. Some say their customer service is crap but I've never needed their customer service and its not like the quality of electricity from one provider to the other is different! :)

Once you are connected and you are on the best price the customer service wont matter since anything that goes wrong with your service is not fixed by the providers. Its fixed by the network, not the provider.

Just do the math by plugging in the number of kWh's you use per year, what unit price you currently pay and pick the cheapest provider for your usage profile.

They have a habit of misbilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I saw it mentioned earlier that leaving a provider is pretty easy. Is there typically a fee for leaving though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ted1 wrote: »
    They have a habit of misbilling.

I've never had an incorrect bill and I do look.

I know some people complain when they get a large bill that comes from an estimate rather than an actual reading but that all levels out again once the next bill comes and thats not specific to airtricity.

I'd just question the generalised idea that airtricity are in any way worse than any of the others without some solid data to backup that assertion. A few disgruntled customers doesnt mean you should cut off your nose despite your face... for me they are the cheapest so I stick with them and I have not had any issues with 10+ years with them.

Everyone will have different circumstances so Im not saying they are the cheapest for everyone. Lots of variables play into the cheapest rate (urban/rural rate, 24hr/night rate, standing charge, low usage, high usage, joint gas & elec or just elec etc).

Again, just plug it into bonkers and get your result and go with the cheapest.

I saw it mentioned earlier that leaving a provider is pretty easy. Is there typically a fee for leaving though?

If you are still in contract, yes.
    Contracts are usually 12,18 or 24 months. You need to ask them when your contract is up and then you can switch for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

How do i know how much kwh's per year I use? I've never had electricity or gas in my name before, this is the first time. All other houses I've been in have been a house share.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Del007 wrote: »
    How do i know how much kwh's per year I use? I've never had electricity or gas in my name before, this is the first time. All other houses I've been in have been a house share.

Cheers

It will be different for everyone depending on what types of devices/appliances you have in the house and how many are in the house.

Maybe ask your parents or another user how much they use in their house if you think they will have similar systems to you.

It boils down to the kWh unit price and the standing charge. If you cant get a handle on how many units you think you will use I'd go with the cheapest unit price for 12 months and then revisit and switch if you think a lower standing charge is better for your usage profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

KCross wrote: »
    It will be different for everyone depending on what types of devices/appliances you have in the house and how many are in the house.

Maybe ask your parents or another user how much they use in their house if you think they will have similar systems to you.

It boils down to the kWh unit price and the standing charge. If you cant get a handle on how many units you think you will use I'd go with the cheapest unit price for 12 months and then revisit and switch if you think a lower standing charge is better for your usage profile.

Good point, I'm going to go with SSE and see what happens for the year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Now €175 cashback.
    That's just silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nebraska132

snubbleste wrote: »
    Now €175 cashback.
    That's just silliness.

Would you know can you get the 175 cashback + the climote deal? Or is it one or tother? Thanks

Advertisement