Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle V Spurs.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

EDIt. Meant for the pl thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You must be used to it by now, its the norm

True sadly, disgusted by that ruins the whole season that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Anti climax, just fell to pieces. Still a great season, Champions League football with hopefully a few quality additions.

I'd be getting the hell out of that dressing room asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Anti climax, just fell to pieces. Still a great season, Champions League football with hopefully a few quality additions.

I would say a good season, a season is 38 games not 34 or 35. We finished with 70 points AVB managed 72.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

As my Gooner cousin just said to me, if Arsenal came 19th, we would come 20th!!

• Advertisement

Did Kane get golden boot at least?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did Kane get golden boot at least?

Yeah. Vardy and Aguero didn't score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Nope. Not a great season at all. That one game has just undone the entire season. Anyone who thinks this finish will have no impact on the side next season are dreaming.

Now what do the players think? Pochettino's gruelling training isn't worth it? What's the point if we will end up failing again in the final weeks? This season has ended on as much a sour note as the capitulation in redknapps final season.

I don't care if people on here want to pretend like this was still a great season everyone can reflect on this season how they see fit, but I for one won't accept losing out on second place on the final game of the season, 5 ****ing 1 to a relegated side, what could have been a great season destroyed in my view.

The players, staff and club have got a lot of growing up to do if they believe they can actually mount a serious title challenge next season.

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah. Vardy and Aguero didn't score.

Well that's good news, thoroughly deserved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I rarely come on here with negativity but the couple of weeks has been pathetic. I've searched for excuses to stay positive but what the f*ck???!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I would say a good season, a season is 38 games not 34 or 35. We finished with 70 points AVB managed 72.

Was just about to point that out. Any other season and we'd have been 5th again. That said CL qualification goal achieved. Disappointed at how we collapsed initially under the pressure of the title run and subsequently blew it completely once we were out of it. Serious questions to be asked but better to learn the answers now rather than next November I suppose.

As for Gooners. Yeah I'm.with all of them. Wenger out :-)..... what a bunch of Wally brains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Congrats to Kane

irishmover wrote: »
    Nope. Not a great season at all. That one game has just undone the entire season. Anyone who thinks this finish will have no impact on the side next season are dreaming.

Now what do the players think? Pochettino's gruelling training isn't worth it? What's the point if we will end up failing again in the final weeks? This season has ended on as much a sour note as the capitulation in redknapps final season.

I don't care if people on here want to pretend like this was still a great season everyone can reflect on this season how they see fit, but I for one won't accept losing out on second place on the final game of the season, 5 ****ing 1 to a relegated side, what could have been a great season destroyed in my view.

The players, staff and club have got a lot of growing up to do if they believe they can actually mount a serious title challenge next season.

I'm having a killer dinner in an hour, followed by cheesecake, then a ride. First world problems and all that jazz....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

This'll do us no harm, keeps our feet on the ground plenty work to do over the summer and plenty to prove all over again next season. Notions of being better than Arsenal are always our downfall.

I feel sorry for the London based fans though, bragging rights matter to them not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm having a killer dinner in an hour, followed by cheesecake, then a ride. First world problems and all that jazz....

I'm going to have to go back to sleep.. Up in 4 hours for work. Not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

irishmover wrote: »

Jaysus calm down man,we got automatic champions league qualification for the first time ever,that's a good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

While we achieved our objectives and automatically qualified for Champs League the last four games were poor and today was shocking altogether!

I've never said this before but I'd actually ask for a refund if I was a Spurs fan who travelled from London. 600 mile round trip at a cost of roughly£200 all in to watch them loose 5-1 to 10 men!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ormus wrote:
    This'll do us no harm, keeps our feet on the ground plenty work to do over the summer and plenty to prove all over again next season. Notions of being better than Arsenal are always our downfall.

Ormus wrote:
    I feel sorry for the London based fans though, bragging rights matter to them not us.

Oh f*ck off Ormus, can't you just be a miserable c*unt like the rest of us for once.

Join in on the hate. Come to the dark side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Oh f*ck off Ormus, can't you just be a miserable c*unt like the rest of us for once.

Looks like being positive isn't popular today. ;)

Sorry you're right. Travesty of a season. Poch out. Bring back Chiriches to shore up defence. Top ten is the best we can hope for next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Ormus wrote: »
    Sorry you're right. Travesty of a season. Poch out. Bring back Chiriches to shore up defence. Top ten is the best we can hope for next season.

Hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Disappointing end to a good season is how I would put it

Too see Chelsea celebrate like never before after drawing with us and to see Arsenal fans cream themselves because they finished above us would have me think we are going in the right direction,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I'm as disappointed as anyone here, but Jaysus lads, let's stop fighting among ourselves.

It's been a horrible end to what was otherwise a great season. Like many others, I'm concerned about the impact this will have on morale going into the new season. But the fact that a lot of our players will be taking part in the Euros will stop them spending too much time dwelling on it.

I'm still hopeful that we can kick on next season, even if slightly less confident that we will definitely do so. And we still have the youngest squad in the premiership with the most potential and maybe the last few weeks will turn out to be a learning experience, even if a rather painful one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

The goons will never win another league title under wenger and their fans know it.

We on the right road with Poch.

Keep the faith.

COYS

Ormus wrote:
    Sorry you're right. Travesty of a season. Levy out. Bring back Chiriches to shore up defence. Top ten is the best we can hope for next season.

Fixed your post.

#SaveWenger

Only jesting. But when I logged on I knew there'd be anger, pain and resentment for most but i also knew you'd post something half way positive and so it came to be.

Fixed your post.

#SaveWenger

Only jesting. But when I logged on I knew there'd be anger, pain and resentment for most but i also knew you'd post something half way positive and so it came to be.

I am quite predictable in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

utter shambles

no other analysis necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I come in peace with this post as an Arsenal fan ,

Ye (spurs) have had an excellent season and have some fantastic players some of whom will only get better , The simple fact is though Leicester had the momentum, even had ye beaten Chelsea I still think Leicester would have just kept on winning

and Re the Chelsea game alot of yer players went mental and lost the heads...Thats grand chelsea are notorious c.unts for this and you're players like our own in both games against them fell hook line and sinker

But anyway to finish up I am glad we finished ahead of you but we're under no illusions we stopped playing in february and it cost us hugely , Wenger is only a small part of the problem for us , it's the hierarchy who are ****ing us with there miserly financial ways, You lot though are definitley on the up and I can see you up there again next season and doing quite well in the Champions League

Extract from Poch interview in Oz the other day below.

Pochettino's side lost their final two matches, 2-1 at home to Southampton and 5-1 at Newcastle on the final day of the season to slip behind Arsenal into third -- a club-record high Premier League finish but behind the Gunners for the 19th consecutive campaign.

"It came at the end of a very stressful and emotional season," says Pochettino. "It was the first time our players had ever experienced this type of situation and it was very difficult. When you lose your objective, like we did when we lost the chance to win the league at Chelsea, it was tough for them to manage the situation."

Nodding to his ever-present assistant Jesus Perez, Pochettino adds: "For us too, it was a big thing for us. It was my worst day as a manager. The feeling after Newcastle was horrible. It put me in a bad mood for the whole summer. It killed my holidays. Seriously. I went to Barcelona and the Bahamas with my family, but all the time I was in a bad mood and I took it there -- in seven days in the Bahamas, six days were rain and storms!

"There was no time to assimilate the defeat at Newcastle because the season finished at the end of the game and I did not have the chance to share my feelings with my players the day after -- and kill them! Normally when you lose and you're upset with the players, you have the opportunity to tell them how you feel on Monday morning, and have a big discussion, a big fight. But it was not possible because many of my players went straight off to the Euros. I had to keep inside my bad feeling for the whole of the summer. Even when I was texting my players in France to wish them well, I had to hide my real feelings about the Newcastle game."[\i]

I don't know about everyone else but I am still livid about the Newcastle game, the result and the performance (if you would call it that) and I'm glad Poch hasn't forgotten about it too. It really was a disgrace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement