Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor upgrade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tun_80

tosh_2006 wrote: »
    i'm also thinking about upgrading my monitor from 1080 to 1440 i was looking at the Dell UltraSharp U2715H (540 euro) is this a good moniter or can i get better for the same price range?

Its only 60Hz and has a slower response time than most, you'd be getting much more for your money with the same monitor as OP imo.

I'd also recommend checking the Amazon warehouse on whichever you decide, I got mine for £80 less than the sale price and only difference was the box had some packaging tape on it, whoever had sent it back had also kept the power cable but it was just a standard 3 pin, when I contacted them they said to send it back, I said they're was no need as monitor was perfect and it was just a standard cable I could buy another, I actually had 2 spares, they refunded me a further £60 even tho the cable is only bout €10, ended up being a steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

so you think Acer Predator XB270HU? i only have a Gtx970

so you think Acer Predator XB270HU? i only have a Gtx970

If your set on getting a 1440 you probably will need to upgrade the gpu to play on max settings. If your current monitor is just old you would notice a huge difference in upgrading to 144hz but staying with 1080, g-sync is awesome and your 970 will max out most games for the next few years I'd say. I have the XB270HA and it's awesome, 1080p and a bit cheaper than the HU

oh i'm not 100% set on 1440. i just need a upgrade and was just the was the way to go

• Advertisement

oh i'm not 100% set on 1440. i just need a upgrade and was just the was the way to go
    Then I would check the XB270HA on Amazon UK there's also one in the used section from the warehouse for £318 which is a cracking price, if there's anything wrong or its scratched you can return it straight away for free, most likely just the box will be a bit battered. You'll love it and it's a perfect match for your 970

thanks will do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just bought the dell g sync model off amazon for around 620.
    I'd love an ips version but every single one has QC issues and its too Much of a gamble.
    This will hold me out for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm thinking of upgrading my trusty Viewsonic VX2260WM (bought in Dec. 2008 & still going strong), but not sure what can replace it.

Don't think I can fit anything above 25" on my desk.
    Also not sure if I should go 1080p, 1200p, or 1440p.
    Also also not sure if I should go for a 144Hz monitor, as I still play a lot of 60fps-locked fighting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm thinking of upgrading my trusty Viewsonic VX2260WM (bought in Dec. 2008 & still going strong), but not sure what can replace it.

Don't think I can fit anything above 25" on my desk.
    Also not sure if I should go 1080p, 1200p, or 1440p.
    Also also not sure if I should go for a 144Hz monitor, as I still play a lot of 60fps-locked fighting games.

a freesync or gsync monitor will lower the monitor refresh to match. a 27 monitor is not that big anymore thanks to thinner bezels etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Blong!hahaha

I would definitely spend extra and get a 144hz monitor. It's one of the most dramatic upgrades I ever got- I'd never go back to 60hz for gaming. 144hz- no screen tearing..you can keep track of everything much better when the action gets intense. If it's a financial toss-up between 1440 60hz, and 1080 144hz, I'd get the latter without hesitation. 1080 is good enough for a 24inch display anyway, and probably for 27 inch too.

Oh plus with a 144hz screen you can switch off v-sync, which is always a major cause of input lag.

Advertisement