Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro choice

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

rusty cole wrote: »
    I always laugh at these lads. They say, oh it's our lords creation, tis not for us to question why..... so a woman is raped and pregnant, you say life is life, she should have the baby against her own beliefs and feelings. Are you going to help raise the child, support, guide, nurture and help the mother? in times of regret? anxiety? depression?, will you talk her through the resentment she may carry for having been reminded of the trauma inflicted on her at the time of conception?

Will the church provide the services required to financially assist a woman if the child is mentally challenged, which is often the case in rapes of an incestuos nature.... or will you just expect her to have faith, turn up on Sunday and pass the offering plate so the local cleric can drive round in a 181D !!!

People use the term Pro choice with a political inference as though anyone who's in favour of same is just dying to stick it to the iona institute and the vatican... Id say anyone who's truly pro choice and has half a brain, knows full well, it's a choice they'll never want to make...but it is theirs just the same.. and my heart goes out to anyone who feels at their lowest ebb as to have to travel, and on return, open the door for a brow beater with a collar!!!

Sure didn't God himself impregnate Mary without her consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Are the people who are pro choice regarding abortion also pro choice regarding suicide? They say that it is the womans body so it is her choice but you could say the same regarding suicide. My priest was telling us his views on abortion at mass today.

I'm pro-euthanasia if that's what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Zaph wrote: »
    Abortion and suicide have nothing to do with one another. To try and create some sort of spurious link between the two is simply a rather pathetic attempt to muddy the waters regarding the debate on the eighth amendment.

It's a time honoured trick.

Just take a look at the fcuking NRA. If you want to limit who can buy a damn machine gun then that means you want to overthrow the Republic and establish a dictatorship where individual rights are non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

A zombie thread, resurrected by a rereg, and it's about abortion?

v1.bTsxMTE2NzkxNTtqOzE3Njc5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement