Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country Satanists

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

cml387 wrote: »
    Joking aside though I have sometimes come across odd little collections of stones and crosses in the woods locally.

That probably evidence of new age, nature, green man, making up your own spirituality as you go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

bogwalrus wrote: »
    ...text here...
    Hi OP, pardon me asking but - if THAT is what you REALLY suspect wouldn't you be talking with the police rather than folks on Boards? :pac:

If you read the piper at the gates of dawn, for the wind in the willows it describes a mystical experience in nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

cml387 wrote: »
    Joking aside though I have sometimes come across odd little collections of stones and crosses in the woods locally.

Well unless the cross was upside down I don't know why you'd immediately think about devil worshippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Well unless the cross was upside down I don't know why you'd immediately think about devil worshippers.

Agreed. As another poster has said, it's more likely to be nature worshippers or an alternative religion of some sort.

Actually the first thing that would occur to me is that it's the burial place for a miscarried foetus or a stillbirth from years ago, like a cillín. Possibly even a pet's grave.

FunLover18 wrote: »

I love not the 9 oclock news still the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I also don't understand the fish smell reference.... Please explain :(

When I was 13 me and my friends descrated a Mary statue out in the countryside. We were obsessed with Satanic death metal at the time. We destroyed it using chains, a hammer and throwing rocks at it, and also spray-painting chilidsh blasphemy all over it. I knocked the head off with one clean whack of the hammer... My friend still has the head in his mother's garage!

Chidlish and stupid as fvck, but by gum was it fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

turnikett1 wrote: »

Chidlish and stupid as fvck, but by gum was it fun

And deeply upsetting and frightening for many of your neighbours, especially the older people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I'm an atheist and I have better manners and compassion than to destroy other people's property that means something important to them and isn't doing any immediate harm to anyone. Shame on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

They were 13. It was the only head they could get.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

zef wrote: »
    Whatever about what the OP saw or smelt, one would be foolish to assume that satanists / occult practises do not take place on a daily basis both in the country and city.

My uncle worked in the security industry during the boom and was driving around a newly built housing estate on the verge of Meath/ Dublin border when he saw a man come up out of a ditch by a stream, bollock naked and covered in blood. Fearing the worst- a murder or something- he rang the Gardai who caught the naked blood covered man and found a dead sheep ritually dismembered freshly killed where he had just appeared from. The Garda told my Uncle that this type of thing "Is more common than you think".

:eek:

Jaysus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Most Satanists I've encountered are more like the Flying Spaghetti Monster worshipper's older sibling. They like taking the piss out of the fundies by demanding Baphomet statues be placed next crucifixes in public buildings. There's a recent story where some Satanists held a "Pink Mass" for one of the Westboro Baptist Church people who died so she'd turn gay in the afterlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Here's the Louvin Brothers to drop the science on this satanic sh1t...

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Speedwell wrote: »
    I'm an atheist and I have better manners and compassion than to destroy other people's property that means something important to them and isn't doing any immediate harm to anyone. Shame on you.

It was 13 years ago... I had just turned 13 ;) I'd hardly desecrate a Mary statue these days, c'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

It was 13 years ago... I had just turned 13 ;) I'd hardly desecrate a Mary statue these days, c'mon!

I trampled on one specific flower in some woman's garden when I was that age, all the while "Hailing Satan." It was a bloody stupid thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My friend still has the head in his mother's garage!

Both figuratively and literally, I bet

Advertisement