Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country Satanists

Options
  • 05-05-2016 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

This might gross some of you out but I was walking my dogs in a Coillte forest today and discovered four dead sheep on the side of the path. The forest is very remote and I have never met anyone else on the walk.

I first thought maybe some farmer dumped them but there was a really bad smell of fish that might suggest something else was going on (if you know what i mean). Also on leaving the park there was two big sticks placed on the ground at the entrance representing a cross. They were intentionally placed that way because no other sticks were in the vicinity. Maybe a marker for a meet up or something?

Has anyone else seen anything like this before? As in possible cult activity in their area? I remember a farmer in kerry was arrested years ago for riding a sheep. I wonder how common that is though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I remember a farmer in kerry was arrested years ago for riding a sheep. I wonder how common that is though.

^^^^
    Imagine the shame of that :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

I watched this documentary a few years ago that might explain why I probably don't think it strange that a load of people in my area could have a cult where they ride sheep. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1982102/

It really is a messed up documentary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

^^^^

I don't think the sheep would have been ashamed. Those fluff bottomed temptresses!

I think the idea that there are satanists or cult people in Ireland doing this sort of thing is highly unlikely. My take on it, is that they are some internet community who get their jollies from pretending to be dangerous or Alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

there was a really bad smell of fish

Is that so, Mr. bogwalrus?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I watched this documentary a few years ago that might explain why I probably don't think it strange that a load of people in my area could have a cult where they ride sheep. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1982102/

It really is a messed up documentary!

Ah come on, this is rural Ireland you are talking about, not some colombian jungle or British university

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

This might gross some of you out but I was walking my dogs in a Coillte forest today and discovered four dead sheep on the side of the path. The forest is very remote and I have never met anyone else on the walk.

I first thought maybe some farmer dumped them but there was a really bad smell of fish that might suggest something else was going on (if you know what i mean). Also on leaving the park there was two big sticks placed on the ground at the entrance representing a cross. They were intentionally placed that way because no other sticks were in the vicinity. Maybe a marker for a meet up or something?

Coillte forests really aren't what they used to be. Deforestation, it's terrible Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

maudgonner wrote: »
    Coillte forests really aren't what they used to be. Deforestation, it's terrible Joe!

Fcuking recession, it's even taken the twigs from the trees.
    Even the leaves fell apart, couldn't brave the pain.
    Poor bassstards Joeee!

The smell of a rotting sheep is vile. Accidentally stood on one once jumping down off a crag. It kinda exploded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

^^^^

You're right, No matter how drunk I got I'd never shag anyone from Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

The smell of a rotting sheep is vile. Accidentally stood on one once jumping down off a crag. It kinda exploded.

was the smell like fish?

• Advertisement

was the smell like fish?

Rotting flesh and rotting fish smell alike, or at least they both make the hair at the back of the neck stand up and you can almost taste the vileness.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

Assert dominance by riding and slaughtering five sheep in the same spot and erecting an even larger cross. Let them know who the big dog is in town. 1-0 Satanists, your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

When you say......., "there was a bad smell of fish that might suggest something else was going on ( if you know what I mean)"............. What DO you mean? I'm sorry, its late, way past my bedtime but I don't know what you mean..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Wait. ..hang on....I think I just got it. Yeah. Eeugghh!!
    Or should that be 'ewe'gghh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭Bobthefireman

Curious as to the fishy smell too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Curious as to the fishy smell too!

The fishy smell was from the wild mushrooms the OP was eating in the forestðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Sorry, that was me, by the time I was finished it was late and I didn't really feel like cleaning up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Thought this was another Healy Rae thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Get back to studying for your JC, OP.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Wait. ..hang on....I think I just got it. Yeah. Eeugghh!!
    Or should that be 'ewe'gghh!

I still don't get it...please share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I thought this was going to be yet another 'Country Satanist Vs City Satanist' thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Whatever about what the OP saw or smelt, one would be foolish to assume that satanists / occult practises do not take place on a daily basis both in the country and city.

My uncle worked in the security industry during the boom and was driving around a newly built housing estate on the verge of Meath/ Dublin border when he saw a man come up out of a ditch by a stream, bollock naked and covered in blood. Fearing the worst- a murder or something- he rang the Gardai who caught the naked blood covered man and found a dead sheep ritually dismembered freshly killed where he had just appeared from. The Garda told my Uncle that this type of thing "Is more common than you think".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Only the farm takes up most of the day and in the evening I just like a cup of tea. I wouldn't be able to devote myself full time to the old Satanism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Gee, I know and have known a lot of Satanists (I'm not one; I don't believe in all that mess) and I can't think of anything in the literature or practice that involves doing crap like that. Most of the Satanists I know believe in "an thou harm none, do what thou wilt", and that is definitely considered harm.

I'm afraid you're going to have to look among the Twilight werewolf fans and batsh!t crazy people (some overlap there) for the perpetrator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I first thought maybe some farmer dumped them but there was a really bad smell of fish that might suggest something else was going on (if you know what i mean). /QUOTE]

Sheep with dead smelly lambs and/or metritis maybe would smell very bad. Did you report it? They should have been brought to a knackery not dumped in a wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭cml387

Rural satanists are getting special grants under the new programme for governement.

Once again thank you Healy Rae's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Speedwell wrote: »
    Gee, I know and have known a lot of Satanists (I'm not one; I don't believe in all that mess) and I can't think of anything in the literature or practice that involves doing crap like that. Most of the Satanists I know believe in "an thou harm none, do what thou wilt", and that is definitely considered harm.

I'm afraid you're going to have to look among the Twilight werewolf fans and batsh!t crazy people (some overlap there) for the perpetrator.
    But that's all new-age satanism though isn't it, not the good old rituals and parties kind beloved by 'men of quality'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

But that's all new-age satanism though isn't it, not the good old rituals and parties kind beloved by 'men of quality'

I don't know. I wouldn't necessarily have considered Crowleyite, "do as thou wilt an it harm none" Satanism, even as practiced today, to be "new age" Satanism. Heavy-metal, chicken-head-biting, crack-smoking, theatrically made-up extreme Satanism, I might consider that more in the line of sheep killers. But I'm going to put my money down on "werewolf fanatics".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I swear it by the old gods and the new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭cml387

Joking aside though I have sometimes come across odd little collections of stones and crosses in the woods locally.

Advertisement