Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota avensis 05 2.2 diesel injectors gone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    AD engine injectors retail for less than 240 at the moment so don't mind above posts
    Depends on what AD engine you're talking about. There's loads of different types of injectors, piezo and non piezo fitted to AD engines.

If it is the same engine as a Lexus IS220d i.e. 2ADFHV it is probably going to be €400-500 per injector. If it's a 2ADFTV engine then it's a different story altogether and you're probably talking in the region of €200-240 brand new but they can be reconditioned for €150-170.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

cournioni wrote: »
    My car is getting hard to start in the mornings so I brought it in to the mechanic and he said it looks like the injectors are gone and it would cost 750 to replace, can this be right?? Seems awful expensive

If it's the same injector as a Lexus IS220d as can be the case with Avensis and RAV4 2.2's, then one injector can cost up to 500+VAT to replace as they cannot be repaired and are mad expensive to buy new. Depends on labour after that.

They will run fine without recoding. (Been there, done that)

The recoding will give you the last micro percentage efficency however. Not necessary in my opinion given the cost of getting this done versus the return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Advertisement