Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensive words of the future

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I thought I had a great one "yer a dial up"

But apparently it has been used for at least 10 years already!
    http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/dial-up
    :o

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

maudgonner wrote: »
    I reckon we'll keep going through cycles of words that are currently PC terms becoming replaced and then being deemed offensive.

African American
    Black (which is already debatable)
    Disabled
    Traveler
    Little person (which I still can't quite believe is a PC term now!)

etc.

Black Americans use black themselves like Whites refer to themselves as white. African American is a too broad a term which doesn't take into account black Americans who's lineage may be not be of direct descent to Africa, Ethiopia via Jamaica for eg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Black Americans use black themselves like Whites refer to themselves as white. African American is a too broad a term which doesn't take into account black Americans who's lineage may be not be of direct descent to Africa, Ethiopia via Jamaica for eg.

African American is such a ridiculous term. It leads to situations where you have Americans describing the likes of Idris Elba and Lewis Hamilton as African American. :rolleyes:

I actually shouldn't roll my eyes over this because they'll go so far back in my head that they'll never come out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bambi wrote: »
    You should read them all in the voice of Malcolm Tucker because that's were some of them came from

"Aluminium Brushed Cyberprick" being a personal favourite

Spacew*nker is definitely one for the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

African American is such a ridiculous term. It leads to situations where you have Americans describing the likes of Idris Elba and Lewis Hamilton as African American. :rolleyes:

They're African English!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It leads to situations where you have Americans describing the likes of Idris Elba and Lewis Hamilton as African American. :rolleyes:

And we all know what the correct term to refer to Lewis Hamilton is. Gobshíte. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

To take the Lord's name in vain is already considered offensive.

Yep. And, to some cult members, using it at all reason enough to kill ye ~ already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Fup off ya grasshole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Keep going guys, some of these words are so fetch.
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    some might say they are on fleek

I genuinely thought they were words from a sci-fi book I'd read, maybe The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and googled them to find out exactly where they came from.

I'm old, I guess I'm not such a hooby frood anymore :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

osarusan wrote: »

I got Scurvy Looking Flaps Fondler! :D
    I'll definitely use that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I wonder when the first emoji will become an offensive word...

🍆

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

Niggardly - because most politically correct people don't understand its meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

maudgonner wrote: »
    And we all know what the correct term to refer to Lewis Hamilton is. Gobshíte. :D

No its actually Theo Walcott

Advertisement