Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Oops! wrote: »
    Ring the local garda station. Also try ringing the shop at Tom Harvey's forcourt.

Never thought of the gardai :-) Naah rang both, no joy.. just let the harm of the day go with it. Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

deise08 wrote: »
    Lads... Huge long shot here.. lost me wallet up there last night at the club semi final.. definitely had it at semple. Didn't notice it gone until got back home. I probably dropped it on the way back to the car. Was parked up past the tom Harvey motors place. Actually by the signs telling the speed limit.. not too worried bout the bank cards, but me season ticket was in it. Gutted over it.. if it was found what's the chances of it being handed in somewhere? And where would that somewhere be?

Be worth giving someone in Semple Stadium a shout.

I have a direct email address and I will PM to you now their address.

Could have dropped out of pocket walking out along in the Stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

deise08 wrote:
    Never thought of the gardai :-) Naah rang both, no joy.. just let the harm of the day go with it. Thanks for replying.

Have you it on Facebook it reaches a serious audience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what the story with the post office. someone was telling me they are moving to the shoping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Yep, moving to the shopping centre. There's some sort of public meeting planned to oppose the move.

• Advertisement

is that a total closer on the square and move to the shopping center

the extra business would be good for the shopping center

but i hope it wouldnt make the parking any worse in there

Yes total closure....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The square is taking a bit hit lately with closures.
    Also is there no flower shop in Thurles now?

To thine own self be true

Dive of a place really..... Full of pubs, take aways and bookies.... That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

God be with the time about 6 years ago when Fiona Looney was filming in Thurles and she said that Thurles was akin to Bond Street with its high end boutiques.
    Now Joanne's is a vape shop and Elegance a charity shop. :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

deise08 wrote: »
    Lads... Huge long shot here.. lost me wallet up there last night at the club semi final.. definitely had it at semple. Didn't notice it gone until got back home. I probably dropped it on the way back to the car. Was parked up past the tom Harvey motors place. Actually by the signs telling the speed limit.. not too worried bout the bank cards, but me season ticket was in it. Gutted over it.. if it was found what's the chances of it being handed in somewhere? And where would that somewhere be?

I’m sure that your season ticket can be replaced. Read the t and c’s on the season ticket site.

God be with the time about 6 years ago when Fiona Looney was filming in Thurles and she said that Thurles was akin to Bond Street with its high end boutiques.

They should send her back now and see what she thinks!

Oops! wrote: »
    Dive of a place really..... Full of pubs, take aways and bookies.... That's about it.

dont forget hairdressers and pharmasists

was it her that was complaining about the dog sh1t eerywhere and counted a load of it up around the stadium

Ya it was her. Yes your right, Hairdressers and pharmasists.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Square needs major changes, I'd get rid of the cars parking in the middle of the square and put down paving and pedestrian it, maybe a Costa or something like that like I said back when this thread was started.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The square is taking a bit hit lately with closures.
    Also is there no flower shop in Thurles now?

Annie Bloom Florist across from the Cathedral. She couldn't keep the flowers pucked out Valentines week.

is that a total closer on the square and move to the shopping center

the extra business would be good for the shopping center

but i hope it wouldnt make the parking any worse in there

Do you see the majority of people who queue up at the Post Office?

None of them drive, that's a fact.

The bookies and newsagents on the square will lose out as once the money is collected in the Post Office is thrown over their counters.

That Post Office is a shambles, a smell in it since I was young enough to remember. A building that needs major renovation and cheaper and easier for them to up shop and move to a more modern unit in the SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

As said above, Those using the post office just collect their welfare payments and go next door to gamble. The ones that do drive double park outside and cause congestion in the square. Same with the banks and ATM machines etc. These people just get in their cars and drive off. The post office we currently have is too small for a mid sized town like Thurles. Should’ve moved out of there years ago at the peak of the recession when the queues reached out to ladbrokes. The council where giving out about the condition of the post office years ago.

shmeee wrote: »
    Do you see the majority of people who queue up at the Post Office?

None of them drive, that's a fact. no it not

The bookies and newsagents on the square will lose out as once the money is collected in the Post Office is thrown over their counters.

That Post Office is a shambles, a smell in it since I was young enough to remember. A building that needs major renovation and cheaper and easier for them to up shop and move to a more modern unit in the SC.

a good few people using it drive. i was often parked near there and could see loads of people come out and get into cars .

hopefully it will stop these people going into the bookies. surely thats a good thing. it would effect scanlons a lot. thats more of a convenience shop. nothing in there that you would have to stop for but would buy if your passing.

old post office is a disgraces alright.

i wish thre was an office in the new building out near murphy and ryan . it would be handy with the parking

• Advertisement

im in 2 minds if its a good thing or bad.

it will put a huge amount of traffic into the already disasterous shopping center car park

but the office is a disgrace.

surely putting it across the square in a shop like sue rider would be better. when that new car park is bult it would work great.

a good few people using it drive. i was often parked near there and could see loads of people come out and get into cars .

hopefully it will stop these people going into the bookies. surely thats a good thing. it would effect scanlons a lot. thats more of a convenience shop. nothing in there that you would have to stop for but would buy if your passing.

old post office is a disgraces alright.

i wish thre was an office in the new building out near murphy and ryan . it would be handy with the parking

Would have been ideal to have moved the whole operation when they did a few years back alright.

Scanlons will take some hit, the days of the small independent newsagents is dying quicker than slowly. Griffins and Longs gone off the square in recent times.

anyone go to the meeting about the post office. wasnt that this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

anyone go to the meeting about the post office. wasnt that this evening

I forgot all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Hopefully its kick the town needs to get a revival going. Recently drove through the town coming from twomileborris far enough it was a wet day but jez was it a depressing site. Yes it's great the potential plans for the Erin foods site but the square and firar st are a disaster. Would hate to think what the town would be like with the colleges there

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

Anyone try the re re re opened Indian Dream at Shimla yet??
    Really good deal on Groupon at the mo..I bought one so hopefully will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I think the post office is being relocated to where Sports Savers was. The whole plan and building works had started long before any of these marches/protests so they were pretty worthless.

Elverys is going to be a fairly sizeable shop from the looks of it. They have the space where Xtravision was plus the unit beside it. Shouldn't be long more until it's open.

Funny how it's 2 shops in the one go being relocated to the shopping centre from the square. I think the post office may cause parking issues although the 3rd and top floors of the car park are usually pretty empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I think the post office is being relocated to where Sports Savers was. The whole plan and building works had started long before any of these marches/protests so they were pretty worthless.

Elverys is going to be a fairly sizeable shop from the looks of it. They have the space where Xtravision was plus the unit beside it. Shouldn't be long more until it's open.

Funny how it's 2 shops in the one go being relocated to the shopping centre from the square. I think the post office may cause parking issues although the 3rd and top floors of the car park are usually pretty empty.

Lots of elderly (and some not so elderly) hate driving up the ramp to the upper floors. Lots of people won’t use the lifts and/or the escalator (too scared/claustrophobic).
    Expect there to be parking chaos on the ground floor and around Davis Road and the Dehreen too.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Lots of elderly (and some not so elderly) hate driving up the ramp to the upper floors. Lots of people won’t use the lifts and/or the escalator (too scared/claustrophobic).
    Expect there to be parking chaos on the ground floor and around Davis Road and the Dehreen too.

its going to be total chaos. taxis and busses dropping off and colecting people to go in and other clowns that will park anywhere while they run in.

Advertisement