Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn of War III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Urgh, no. We do not need an RTS to be like a bloody MOBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

April 27, 2017

System requirements:
    MINIMUM:
    Processor: 3GHz i3 quad logical core or equivalent
    Memory: 4 GB of RAM, 1 GB of VRAM MB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6950 or equivalent DirectX 11-card
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 50 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Quad physical core i5 or equivalent recommended for 3vs3 multiplayer. Game requires Internet connection for play and progression.

RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: 3GHz i5 quad core or equivalent
    Memory: 8 GB of RAM, 2 GB of VRAM MB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 770 or AMD Radeon 7970 or equivalent DirectX 11 card
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 50 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Game requires Internet

multiplayer open beta registration is up - goes live a week before the release, cant hurt to try it free first
    https://www.dawnofwar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Got selected for the closed beta this weekend.

Busy this Friday and Saturday but will get to play in Sunday.

I'll post up my impression after.

Remouad wrote: »
    Got selected for the closed beta this weekend.

Busy this Friday and Saturday but will get to play in Sunday.

I'll post up my impression after.

Just, ..just let us know if it's a moba or an RTS :D

• Advertisement

got my beta invite for next friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

got my beta invite for next friday

Same. Looking forward to playing this as I have never played a MOBA before.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it definitely going to be a MOBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got my beta key :)

The beta will be playable starting Friday, April 21 at 10AM PST until Monday, April 24 at 10AM PST. You’re free to redeem your beta key on Steam right away, but trying to play the beta outside of these times will result in an error.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn 50 gigs....

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it definitely going to be a MOBA?

Not sure tbh, their survey suggested it was, but the videos showing the campaign look like a regular rts campaign

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Angron wrote: »
    Urgh, no. We do not need an RTS to be like a bloody MOBA.

Exactly the reason Why I won't buying this if its a "MOBA" hate those style of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Damn 50 gigs....

50gbs of Beta? I am unsure whether to participate now. I got the email but...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

50gbs of Beta? I am unsure whether to participate now. I got the email but...

Maybe down to lack of optimization but 50gbs is kinda nuts for this type of game!

Venom wrote: »
    Maybe down to lack of optimization but 50gbs is kinda nuts for this type of game!

Played the beta last weekend. Download was about 19Gbs. 50Gbs is probably for the full game with the single player campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Played the beta last weekend. Download was about 19Gbs. 50Gbs is probably for the full game with the single player campaign.

Still seems alot for an RTS game tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It does seem on the large side alright for an RTS considering it's bigger than say, Battlefield 1.

But I suppose 2013's COH2 with the DLC is about 30GB....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Any word on how this is turning out?

Zillah wrote: »
    Any word on how this is turning out?

I played the closed beta earlier this month.

I bought DOW 1 and 2 on release. I have bought, played and enjoyed almost all the expansions (haven't played DOW2 Retribution yet).
    That said I won't be picking this one up unless it's on sale. Probably 75% or more off.

If you haven't played DOW before you might like it but if you have you're going to be very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Care to expand on why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's disappointing to hear. For me, DOW2 in itself was very disappointing, very good campaign but the MP was just such a radical depature from the first game. I was hoping DOW3 would return to the roots.

If you haven't played DOW before you might like it but if you have you're going to be very disappointed.

I have hundreds of hours of game time spread across the franchise. Could you explain your reasons?

I'd like to know too, btw as it's now an open beta you're not restricted by an NDA
    TELL US! :D

That's disappointing to hear. For me, DOW2 in itself was very disappointing, very good campaign but the MP was just such a radical depature from the first game. I was hoping DOW3 would return to the roots.

Well it tries to live up to both games by taking bits from both but fails.

Combat lacks weight. Partially due to the higher perspective but also because the units die so easily (except for the Titan level ones)

Cover mechanic is terrible.

Environments are bland and you don't interact with them as you did in previous games due to the aforementioned cover mechanic.

Gameplay: Turtle, Turtle, Turtle, Charge, Micro, end

Small things

There was no individual retreat button.

I didn't see any options for building defensive structures. (turrets, etc.)

That is not Gabriel Angelos.

Art Style lacks the gritty 40K ascetic.

The Good

Larger Models look nice.

Army Painter easy to use and has some good presets.

Some nods to the fans. (I smiled when I heard a servitor say "Order 721 initiated")

Was multiplayer only so can't speak for the campaign

i dont mind turtling so much so long as you can build defences, which is kind of the point of it.

Would ye compare it to COH2 in multiplayer or something else?

That is not Gabriel Angelos.

I hate his voice acting in the videos I've seen, it sounds nothing like the Angelos that we know.

18gig beta download just popped up on steam for me there

Review embargo ended today. Currently sitting on a 82 on Metacritic.

I am still undecided as to whether or not I will get this. I have beta access for this weekend, so I'll see then.

Beta is up and servers should be online in 15 minutes! Gonna be streaming it at: www.twitch.tv/theliber8or if you wanna take a look.

• Advertisement

The beta keeps crashing. Three different crashes during three different matches... :( Hopefully they will patch it and then I will try again.

Advertisement