Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Edinburgh, Fri 29th April 7:35pm; TG4

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Clareman wrote: »
    Who the f**k kicked that ball?

Were you like me, thinking they had scored only 3 tries?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Thank ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster will need to beat Scarlets if Cardiff win their remaining two matches: Ospreys in PS and Edinburgh away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Munster will need to beat Scarlets if Cardiff win their remaining two matches: Ospreys in PS and Edinburgh away.

I think that is 30/70 personally

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Yea.once the red stops the play in that instance attacking team retains possession

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

In fact, Leinster whoop Ulster tomorrow, we're playing for a semi final place in our last game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

"The Musgrave".

I think the PR bunnies will be having a word with Conway about that. What a kick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yea.once the red stops the play in that instance attacking team retains possession

That seems a bit ridiculous. Munster didn't make the line and couldn't get the ball back. That's a turnover all day long. If I was an Edinburgh fan I'd be hugely pissed off about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

So, with one game left to play out of 22, Munster could still win the Pro 12 or might not even qualify for the Champions Cup. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

In fact, Leinster whoop Ulster tomorrow, we're playing for a semi final place in our last game

It will be close. No Fitzgerald starting for Leinster is massive. He's by far their best back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So, with one game left to play out of 22, Munster could still win the Pro 12 or might not even qualify for the Champions Cup. Incredible.
    Let's remember what yon Saxon foe keep repeating: the Pro12 isn't competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

molloyjh wrote: »
    That seems a bit ridiculous. Munster didn't make the line and couldn't get the ball back. That's a turnover all day long. If I was an Edinburgh fan I'd be hugely pissed off about that.

But
    Dem d rules

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's less than 3 wins between first and 6th in the league, in the English and French leagues it's 3 wins between 1st and 4th in the league, taking standard of play out of the equation it could be said that the Pro12 is a far more competitive league.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

There's less than 3 wins between first and 6th in the league, in the English and French leagues it's 3 wins between 1st and 4th in the league, taking standard of play out of the equation it could be said that the Pro12 is a far more competitive league.

Tsk, there you go, bringing relevant facts into the debate

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

But
    Dem d rules

Laws :)
    Rugby has no rules

It's been a stunning season so far. It had everything, highs, lows, controversial decisions, tension, relief, hope, despair...

It's like game of thrones with more blood but less nudity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Akrasia wrote: »
    Laws :)
    Rugby has no rules

Always find it strange when people nitpick about this. Colloquially they're often called rules. Fair enough, really.

Teferi wrote: »
    Always find it strange when people nitpick about this. Colloquially they're often called rules. Fair enough, really.

I was only messing, they're both the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munsster fans now become massive Dragons/Ospreys fans

Ospreys win with a BP tomorrow and they're not out of it either (in fact just a win and they're not out of it). Munster really need to beat Scarlets next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ospreys win with a BP tomorrow and they're not out of it either (in fact just a win and they're not out of it). Munster really need to beat Scarlets next week.

C'mon the draw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Standard here tonight was shocking. I knew Edinburgh would be woeful, thought Munster would have been a bit better though. Still, did was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Enjoyed that match last night, but Munster made heavy weather of that. Great to get the BP. Team made a lot of errors, but worked hard and thoroughly deserved the win. Crowd was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Rightwing wrote: »
    Standard here tonight was shocking. I knew Edinburgh would be woeful, thought Munster would have been a bit better though. Still, did was required.
    Edinburgh are woeful but are still capable of scoring if defensive errors let them. That was as much a must win game for them as it was for Munster and they didn't give up without a fight. Under pressure and with the result going against them they were undisciplined and pretty much gave Munster tha upper hand but they were in shouting distance of a win as well.

An entertaining game and job done for Munster, still have Scarlets to make it certain though. It would have been gutting if we didn't have all four provinces in the Champions Cup. So well done Munster, onwards and upwards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Edinburgh are woeful but are still capable of scoring if defensive errors let them. That was as much a must win game for them as it was for Munster and they didn't give up without a fight. Under pressure and with the result going against them they were undisciplined and pretty much gave Munster tha upper hand but they were in shouting distance of a win as well.

An entertaining game and job done for Munster. It would have been gutting if we didn't have all four provinces in the Champions Cup. So well done Munster, onwards and upwards. :)

Job isn't done just yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Job isn't done just yet...
    You missed my ninja edit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Poor enough game from both teams and the ref, he goes missing at times. We were lucky not to have a man carded at scrum time. We took our tries well but let Edinburgh have way too much ball. I thought our defence was better but we gifted them their try, not a finger laid on him. I expected Edinburgh to score at least another try but thankfully they opted for kick at the posts rather than going for the corner.

Good to see Conway get MotM but CJ was my winner, he had a great game.

Great win and more of the same next week guarantees us Champions Cup rugby next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Any highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

bleg wrote: »
    Any highlights?

Highlights of all matches go up on the Pro12 youtube channel on Sunday evening but they're crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

bleg wrote: »
    Any highlights?

Setanta are showing the game Monday night. S4C often show games on a Mon/Tues night but seeing as there's no Welsh team involved they prob. won't show this one.

Advertisement