Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that have lost their appeal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

esforum wrote: »
    Football. Watch the local team but rarely bother on TV now. even the team I have followed all my life are becomming secondary.

still like other sports, but football is going down

Same. Had half an eye on the football tonight. Couldn't even tell you who was favourite. Working late every weekend and every tuesday and wednesday evening certainly helped me too. Still go down to Dalyer every friday though and would go to any Ireland match I can. Completely different atmosphere being there. Sucks you in and you keep going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Appeals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

Ebay.
    I was mad into it for about 10 years buying and selling.
    But now I just Amazon/Chainreactioncycles/Micksgarage etc.
    The prices are often cheaper new than secondhand on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Heineken Cup.

Certainly among the band-wagon supporter since the French teams became richer, the Irish teams trailed off, and they re-branded it to the Champions Cup.

It's amazing how interest has dropped really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Dial up modems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Charles manson has lost his appeals

And Steven Avery

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Muuuuunster Muuuuunster Muuuuunster.

Attendance numbers way down these days, as are those cringeworthy car stickers saying 'Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Serial.

Season 2 just wasn't very good. Well the first 2 episodes at least, that's as far as I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This post has been deleted.

Also the non delivery to Ireland which has become more frequent on Amazon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Used to watch every Formula 1 race and even stay up late/wake up early until last year. I have watched 1 race since. They completely wrecked it by filtering the engine noise and increasing the concrete run off areas.

I cannot even be bothered checking the results now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

hairyslug wrote: »
    Tesco mobile

Not as long as I can still call my Mum in UK for 1c a minute!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Conor McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Going out to bars and clubs.

Between getting everyone out, picking a spot, getting in early enough, splitting the taxi, going into Temple Bar/Stephen's Green, then navigating your way through the numerous bouncers and baldies with small man syndrome and then reading the exorbitant prices on the chalkboard .... it's really lost it's novelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Parcel Motel, problem gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Suspended sentences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Going out to bars and clubs.

Between getting everyone out, picking a spot, getting in early enough, splitting the taxi, going into Temple Bar/Stephen's Green, then navigating your way through the numerous bouncers and baldies with small man syndrome and then reading the exorbitant prices on the chalkboard .... it's really lost it's novelty.

Yeah music festivals are better as you have three days to go mad or maybe two days and a more soberer Sunday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Eddie Murphy. Funniest man of the 80s. Shadow of himself since.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A bit early, but:

Graham Oddwire

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Watching tv, in my case

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Boxing... Absolute farce of a sport now. Months of build up and more often than not we get 12 rounds of guys dancing around each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Podge & Rodge. Your typical blocky while earning 2k a week during the celtic tiger would clock off work at 5 and head to the local for 10 pints of Carlsberg and watch the puppets on the 21" TV up on the shelf in the corner. Gave him something in common with the local tart to talk about before mounting her in the back of the van. He'd head home then to the missus and kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Pulled pork - Was new and exciting a few years ago. Just bbq slop now which can be bought everywhere

Not plates - When eating out, not getting your food on a plate. It was funky to get it on some kind of "dish". I'm not sure was there ever an appeal for it but I have lost the appeal to get my food on a slate, wooden block, little basket etc

Nightclubs - or expensive standing as I call it. Probably a sign of getting old.

Facebook - Ugh. People have kind of grown out of updating statuses and uploading photos. All I really get is news updates etc and they are mostly "Look how this woman looks after losing 25 stone". All click bait. I know I could just not follow them, or leave facebook but sometimes there is interesting stuff.

Music charts - I don't think having a number one single/album means what it used to

Mass/Catholicism - No thanks

Weddings - It used to be great getting an invite. Now it's like a summons for money

Formula One - I have to agree with what has been said in this thread, it used to be brilliant. Too many rules and changes have ruined it. I watched the first qualifying of this season with the 7 min rule thing - I couldn't understand what was happening, nor could the drivers from what I saw. Shambles.

Athletics and cycling - Can you believe anyone is clean anymore?

Kodaline.

Marvel Films - Used to be very excited about all the releases, not so much anymore. Although I am a little for Civil War.

Hipsters

Craft beer - Over it.

I think I'm turning into one of those people who hate everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

The FA Cup

Used to be the most important match of the year and the streets would be deserted on FA Cup Saturday (well not deserted but noticeably quieter).

Nobody gives a shit about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Parcel Motel, problem gone.
    How?
    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ahahah thanks for this man, good crack it really was :D

Btw Criminal Minds.
    Not sure if it is only me but they became so pathetic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Utah wrote: »
    Not plates - When eating out, not getting your food on a plate. It was funky to get it on some kind of "dish". I'm not sure was there ever an appeal for it but I have lost the appeal to get my food on a slate, wooden block, little basket etc

You are not the only one.

https://www.facebook.com/WeWantPlates/photos_stream

Some of those are hilarious/appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Parcel Motel has sorted that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Football. I can't square the circle that while it was always packed with vastly over paid, pampered narcissists, I somehow used to love it years ago. Now I can't be bothered to watch the closing stages of the Champions Lge even. Will still watch the Euros though. The international game still has some of the old magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭gigantic09

The whole running/cycling fitness scene.Nowadays everyone is in on it and new events are popping up left,right an center.Even junkies and hermit nuns have 10k p.b's.Many of the more traditional events are falling by the wayside as all and sundry sign up to do the latest run sideways,piddling and cycle blindfold race.

Advertisement