Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Zaph wrote: »
    Funny enough, was just coming to post here myself about Ravellos. Tried to order from them and they're no longer on Just Eat and when I rang the phone just rang out. Hope they're not gone, but if they are there's a definite opening for a good pizza place in the area.

Try Yummy Pizza in Mulhuddart, for my money they're the best pizzas around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

And the Swedish Pizza Kebab Wrap is both delicious and monstrous in equal proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only ever had it once before but it was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭DvB

4 of us had dinner in the Black Wolf on Saturday, we all got something different & I have to say all 4 dishes were fantastic. Large enough portions too (I couldnt finish mine) & superb value IMO. We will definitely go back to eat there again & would highly recommend.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

DvB wrote: »
    4 of us had dinner in the Black Wolf on Saturday, we all got something different & I have to say all 4 dishes were fantastic. Large enough portions too (I couldnt finish mine) & superb value IMO. We will definitely go back to eat there again & would highly recommend.

Have eaten there 3 times now. All superb. Burgers are great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Went to Rudys once and won't return, packed into the place, starter was nice but the main and service were atrocious.

We got the main almost two hours after sitting down and the steak was so bad I didn't finish it, I ordered a rare fillet and I was chewing one mouthful a good minute before it was safe to swallow it and it wasn't cooked beyond medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Shemale wrote: »
    I ordered a rare fillet and I was chewing one mouthful a good minute before it was safe to swallow it and it wasn't cooked beyond medium.
    Exactly what did type of steak did you order :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

mmrs wrote: »
    Rendezvous in Ongar do a lovely breakfast.

Yeah, the 2 + 2 is very good there! Great brekkie!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thegeekyjay

Rudy's is hands down the best Brunch in Dublin 15. Not bad for a weekday lunch either.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

An article in IMAGE magazine about Food in Dublin 15. No surprises on the list really, the only one I didn't know much about was The Lo-Cal Kitchen so I may keep that in mind to try out in the future.

I wouldn't have included The Boathouse as a great place to eat really, it's in a nice location but has always been overcrowded when I've been there. Food is good but I prefer the Phoenix Park Visitor Centre Cafe myself (I suppose that one is not exactly Dublin 15)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

miamee wrote: »
    The Lo-Cal Kitchen so I may keep that in mind to try out in the future.
    )

its nice, my wife love it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Lo-Cal Kitchen - Great tea cosies. Haven't been there in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Wouldn't go near the LoCal Kitchen. Had the smoked salmon salad there and it came with half a plate of undressed lettuce. I asked for dressing (the special that day was caesar salad so thought I could get some dressing or even mayo or vinaigrette). Waitress told me no. Manager told me no as chef didn't allow it on that plate. 12 euro for half a plate of lettuce. Emailed them later and got email back to say they didn't allow dressing except where on menu. Plus the place was dirty with kids everywhere (kids not the issue but running round) and tables not cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I ordered a rare fillet and I was chewing one mouthful a good minute before it was safe to swallow it and it wasn't cooked beyond medium.
    Exactly what did type of steak did you order :confused:

Rare, not medium rare, not medium.

The point I was making it wasnt tough due to being cooked to shoe leather nor does it take long to cook a steak to medium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Rare, not medium rare, not medium.

The point I was making it wasnt tough due to being cooked to shoe leather nor does it take long to cook a steak to medium

So you are saying you ordered a rare steak?
    Even if a steak is cooked to medium it will still be quite moist.
    Perhap the steak was cooked well done?

He's saying his steak was tough and it wasn't cooked more than medium.

I don't see why any of that needs clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Poor quality meat I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

The additional info has come in since last I looked at it.

Looks like they're closing Romayos, dividing Ravellos in two with a pizzeria on the right side and a Romayos on the left with a sit down area. No more table service would be my take on things.

FW17A/0197

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00582725.pdf

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00574245.pdf

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00582686.pdf

Looks like it’s up to let now. Bloody shame that, thought Ravello’s was good for the village. Need a decent restaurant to replace it. I would also like to see the Aldi go ahead at this stage even though I originally opposed it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Thumbs up for the new weekend bunch menu at the 12th Lock. Most dishes are around 10-15 Euro and that includes a cocktail, wine or pint.

Paid 12 quid for eggs Benedict and a pint bottle of Bulmers on Sunday, delighted with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Ravellos have a planning application in to split the restaurant into a pizzeria and restaurant. The application was very vague so the council have asked for clarification. Odd that it has closed up already. Sounds like they're jumping the gun

Is anybody any wiser on what's going in here at the old Ravello's?, seem to be making good progress on the refit but there's also a to let sign on the window.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't know if anyone ever used to go to the Cottage Cafe in the village but we went there a couple of weeks ago - it is under new management.

They have changed the interior entirely, it used to be quite quirky and different with a variety of things on the walls, the walls are mostly bare now. We wanted to sit outside in the sun but went inside to get menus. We were given the 'menu' hand written on a page out of a notebook plus the specials on one of those little blackboards that usually sit in the middle of the table. The same notebook page got passed to the next table when we were finished with it :pac:
    No card payments as the machine hadn't yet arrived - I felt like it might be their first day so I asked how long they were open - a week. I really enjoyed the place under the previous management, big portions, good food and great service. The food on the most recent visit was good, I had a pasta dish, OH had a burger. We'll go back at some stage to see how they are settling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Can only be a good thing in my book. I went to the Cottage Cafe for breakfast in Feb, the first place i visited when i moved to D15.
    It was so bad, and its hard to get a full Irish that bad.

The toast was crap bread so it just disintegrated when you tried to eat it, 1 of the 2 slices was the heel.
    The fry was so dry, it was like it was cooked all morning and just re-heated.

Its in a great location so hopefully this place can do better when the dust settles.
    Defo want to try out the brunch in 12th lock; its a lovely location especially when the sun is shining.

Where is the cottage cafe

It's on the Main Street in Blanchardstown Village next to the bike shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

In contrast, a few minutes walk down towards The Bell... Cafe Amber is one of the nicest full Irish I've eaten and the staff are nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AlanG

I really liked the decor, staff and ambiance in Cottage Cafe but I thought a lot of the food was cooked from frozen so stopped going. They had a massive menu, which is a bad sign in a place that size.
    Hopefully the new setup will improve the food and keep some of the more positive aspects.

The decor and the staff have changed but I'll be back at some stage to give it another go.
    Good point about the large menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Is anybody any wiser on what's going in here at the old Ravello's?

Romayo's has taken the building for their new chipper/diner, I was in it the other night ... very nice :)

Advertisement