Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dury duty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Daysus, this is dust terrible. What can you ju?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

maudgonner wrote: »
    I hate when Blockheads pick on people's spelling.

Whats a blockhead?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Whats a blockhead?

They're like blackheads, but instead of being annoyed that you've got bad skin, you see them as Reasons to be Cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Whats a blockhead?

He means blockheaj.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Think ye are all funny do ye? The poor OP made a simple mistake and no you're all hounding them.

Why don't you get back into bed, the lot of ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Think ye are all funny do ye? The poor OP made a simple mistake and noW you're all hounding them.

Why don't you get back into bed, the lot of ye.

Omitting W's now are we?

Back to OP's dilemma (spelling aside).

Jury service tomorrow. We do not know when the holiday is booked for, maybe OP will come back on that one.

OP may not be called tomorrow or the next day or the next. Depends on the peremtory challenge to jurors that is open to the Defence. Anyway.

Say you are called for service tomorrow. The trial may only last a few days, may last a few weeks.

When are the holliers booked for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Turn up. If you are called for a jury, explain the holiday to the judge and then you will be excused.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

From what I've heard off people only a handful of the people called get picked.
    Dress badly and say a few inappropriate things might get your off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Whats a blockhead?

Ian Juries Backing Band

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,127 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The replies here are reasons to be cheerful..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Any sex and drugs and rock and roll yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Back to OP's dilemma (spelling aside).

Jury service tomorrow. We do not know when the holiday is booked for, maybe OP will come back on that one.

OP may not be called tomorrow or the next day or the next. Depends on the peremtory challenge to jurors that is open to the Defence. Anyway.

Say you are called for service tomorrow. The trial may only last a few days, may last a few weeks.

When are the holliers booked for?

The end of May, last week of the month. I sent them copies of all holiday related bookings with my reply to them and they just resent the letter that states I must be there tomorrow.

bear1 wrote: »
    Is this in the local durys inn?

Hahaha!!!

An Incorrect spelling I'll never forget lol!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's a full month away.

The vast majority of trials don't take anything like a month, more like a few days.

I presume that if you wound up being picked for a trial that might go on that long (which in the overall scheme of things is a very small chance) then you could raise the issue of your booked holiday at that point.

(I'm guessing at the last bit above, never having been involved in the jury process, so happy to be corrected on that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Just tell em you regularly post right wing misogynist racist stuff on boards... Then claim the name of some nutjob who was recently banned.

italodisco wrote: »
    The end of May, last week of the month. I sent them copies of all holiday related bookings with my reply to them and they just resent the letter that states I must be there tomorrow.

Turn up. You must.

So you have the guts of five weeks (if you are called). I'd say you'd be fine.

Look up the Courts website to see what cases are due to be heard tomorrow. That might give you an idea of which cases are on tomorrow and the possible length of them.

But turn up you must. IMV.

I would have a chat with the Court Clerk if called. S/he might have the inside track as to how long the case will last. It would be very unusual for a case to last longer than a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Turn up. You must.

But turn up you must.

Yoda?

:pac:

• Advertisement

maudgonner wrote: »
    Yoda?

:pac:

No Meme. LOL.

Ah still let's try and sort out the OP here if we can help.

I wonder is there anywhere to park around the courts ?

I wonder is there anywhere to park around the courts ?

No is the simple answer there. Unless you can find something yourself around there. Maybe in the Phoenix Park. But not great IMV. And I wouldn't bank on it either. Spaces taken up by commuters.

Can you get there by bus, Luas or Train (to Heuston)? only a few minutes walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The key thing is if you do get picked is to make sure you get sequestered in a hotel for the weekend and then steal everything in the hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Sounds to me like the OP does actually wanna get on this jury so he's gonna piss the judge off enough that the judge says feck!, this asshole is wreckin me head about this made up holiday to get off jury duty that he puts him on the jury. I think the defendant done something in the past to piss off the OP and really wants revenge on the defendant.

Ooh sounds like a movie could be made out of it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

And miss your opportunity to do this?

If you really want to get out of it you could always try the Sarah Silverman approach ...... which I won't repeat here due to the possibility that I might get in trouble! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

No Meme. LOL.

Ah still let's try and sort out the OP here if we can help.

You mean a legal discussion!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Hi,
    I'm in for Dury duty tomorrow in Criminal Courts.

My main concern is that I had a week holiday abroad booked before I was summoned and I can't afford to cancel it as I will lose all the money spent on it.

What are my options, I hope there are any....

Cheers for any advice

You should ask the Dudge.

too late

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Nah I think it's in May.;)

I think it's in the deserts of Sudan
    And the gardens of Japan

Advertisement