Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Black Asian Disabled Lesibian, the BBC wants you!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Nothing new from the BBC.

That is a truly fascinating video !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

One in six BBC stars 'must be gay or lesbian or disabled' by 2020 says new staff-hiring guidelines at the corporation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555044/BBC-says-one-six-stars-gay-lesbian-disabled-2020.html#ixzz46lkuIjW2
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is the BBC we are talking about I would be surprised if they are not way above that number already.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭Rattser

This is the BBC we are talking about I would be surprised if they are not way above that number already.:D

Go gay for pay?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Surely they can't ask those kind of questions in an interview?

How gay you to have to be to properly represent gay people? Is there a practical test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Rattser wrote: »
    Go gay for pay?

I predict a sudden surge in bisexual representation in the BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I wonder will the BBC reserve some positions for paedophiles like they did in the past?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

timthumbni wrote: »
    I wonder will the BBC reserve some positions for paedophiles like they did in the past?

Only the big paying jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

timthumbni wrote: »
    Hmmm. Let's put it to the test shall we. Let's forget about the compulsory license fee and let the BBC start charging a voluntary subscription.

I'm sure that they will attract loads of subscribers with their "amazing drama" as you put it. (Like no one else produces good tv standing on their own feet) The proof of the pudding is in the eating after all.... ;-)

Personally Speaking I'd pay for the beeb ahead of any other TV broadcaster and I don't belong to any group in their quota.

psinno wrote: »
    Not that I agree with racial quotas but if you are going to do them they should be based on working age (18-65 or 25-65) not the general population and since they are for 2020 not now they should be based on population projections. Both possibly have a higher rate than the 2011 census general population.
    Are they? I thought immigrants tended to have larger families.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How gay you to have to be to properly represent gay people? Is there a practical test?

Penile plethysmograph or vaginal photoplethysmograph?

Good times ahead for phallometric testers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Go gay for pay?

They'd have a very hard job proving you're not bisexual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭Rattser

No I can't agree with that.

They plan to discriminate against white people also.;)

Are there any other native people on earth, who actually implement policies that discriminate against themselves? Or is it only a European thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Gay Whales against the Bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Are there any other native people on earth, who actually implement policies that discriminate against themselves? Or is it only a European thing?

Rare in Europe actually. Very much an American and British thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Rattser wrote:
    Go gay for pay?

I'd be a bit nervous about the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Mod-Sort in DRP. Not banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sure anything goes there, scary place to work I'd imagine.

BBC ‘is hiring convicted sex offender for youth talent show’
    (article from A****ha Nagesh for Metro.co.uk on Thursday 21 Apr 2016 3:20 pm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Candie wrote: »
    I'm British/Asian/Irish and I have a tan.

Am I in with a chance?

No. There are over 3 billion Asians worldwide. Ye are far from a minority :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

greendom wrote: »
    Personally Speaking I'd pay for the beeb ahead of any other TV broadcaster and I don't belong to any group in their quota.

Well that's you personally and you are not even in their area. I would be very interested to see just how many "fans" of the BBC actually would pay for it just like any other to service.

The days of them being the only broadcaster is long gone. It's not like the nhs. No one really needs tv and if they do there's plenty of alternatives out there. Adverts or not the BBC decides but hopefully the antiquated license fee is on its way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Not far off a waterford whispers headline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

12Phase wrote: »
    Rare in Europe actually. Very much an American and British thing.

Well Ireland and western Europe are becoming more like it. Sweden and Germany are very PC..But this PC stuff is not at all common in places like Czech Rep, Austria , Switzerland,Hungary, Finland etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think they just mean "really camp". Straight sounding gays will be treated as straight people because viewers won't know how "diverse" bbc is if they hired them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

My main concern with companies introducing policies like these is that they will do nothing to combat racism, homophobia that exist in society. When your average white person doesn't get a job some (not all) will cry "he/she only got that job ahead me because they are black/Asian/gay, etc" - these policies do nothing to quel the casual discrimination that occurs on a daily basis and can only serve to exacerbate it.

Advertisement