Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Black Asian Disabled Lesibian, the BBC wants you!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you think the far right are obsessed with skin colour, try the far left...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I'd say they've no chance finding a lesibian

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mightyreds wrote: »
    I'd say they've no chance finding a lesibian

They'll hire the leisbians but the dyslexis don't get a look in, equality my arse.

Ridiculous. I feel sorry for the people who miss their break because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm all 4 of those things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'm all for diversity but making Rules that you have to be a certain colour or sex just to be a star is PC gone mad http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555044/BBC-says-one-six-stars-gay-lesbian-disabled-2020.html
    Talent should decide if you get a Job, looks like telly is about to get a whole lot worse.

I'm a white paddy,any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I bagsy being the lesibian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

The BBC has long become a parody. It probably won't be long before it tries to drop the "British" part of its name either. Just in case it offends anyone.....

A bunch of left wing pc morons. The license fee will hopefully soon be given a red card and then it will be interesting to see how they cope in the real world. Not too good would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

It's pc gone mad I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I see nothing wrong with that

Imagine the furore if 50% of jobs in RTE had to go to people whose Mammy or Daddy didn't work there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

This position discriminates clearly against the Black Asian disabled lesbians but who are also Gender fluid and bi-sexual and feel like being men once in a while, so it really should be for a Black/Asian/Disabled/Lesbian/Gender Fluid/Bi-sexual confused type person(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

So in order to not discriminate against gay people, they plan to discriminate against straight people....?

The stupidity really boggles the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

What about the Transgender people?

Come on BBC :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

Mourinho wrote: »
    So in order to not discriminate against gay people, they plan to discriminate against straight people....?

The stupidity really boggles the mind.

No I can't agree with that.

They plan to discriminate against white people also.;)
    Representation of ethnic minorities remains at target of 15 per cent

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555044/BBC-says-one-six-stars-gay-lesbian-disabled-2020.html#ixzz46ldaONe2
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Hang on, I'm Irish. Do I get to identify as a minority over there? Because I know what my new job is.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I bagsy being the lesibian.

Got there b4 me

Tombi! wrote: »
    Hang on, I'm Irish. Do I get to identify as a minority over there? Because I know what my new job is.

Yep,definite,I'm Irish here,nearly a minority

Why have they are target for ethnic minorities which is higher than the proportion if them in the general population?

I'm all for diversity but making Rules that you have to be a certain colour or sex just to be a star is PC gone mad http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555044/BBC-says-one-six-stars-gay-lesbian-disabled-2020.html
    Talent should decide if you get a Job, looks like telly is about to get a whole lot worse.

Take it that's the British broadcasting corporation,not a big b???k c??k

Nothing new from the BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Once again the ginger people are forgotten about

(Not actually ginger)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

timthumbni wrote: »
    The BBC has long become a parody. It probably won't be long before it tries to drop the "British" part of its name either. Just in case it offends anyone.....

A bunch of left wing pc morons. The license fee will hopefully soon be given a red card and then it will be interesting to see how they cope in the real world. Not too good would be my guess.

Rubbish - the BBC delivers amazing drama well worth the licence fee. Line of Duty and the Night Manager to name but 2 very recent productions. Absolute quality the likes of which ITV very very rarely matches

I'm British/Asian/Irish and I have a tan.

Am I in with a chance?

greendom wrote: »
    Rubbish - the BBC delivers amazing drama well worth the licence fee. Line of Duty and the Night Manager to name but 2 very recent productions. Absolute quality the likes of which ITV very very rarely matches

Yes here are a couple of examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Do you have to be a woman? *feeling excluded*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

greendom wrote: »

Hmmm. Let's put it to the test shall we. Let's forget about the compulsory license fee and let the BBC start charging a voluntary subscription.

I'm sure that they will attract loads of subscribers with their "amazing drama" as you put it. (Like no one else produces good tv standing on their own feet) The proof of the pudding is in the eating after all.... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Why have they are target for ethnic minorities which is higher than the proportion if them in the general population?

Not that I agree with racial quotas but if you are going to do them they should be based on working age (18-65 or 25-65) not the general population and since they are for 2020 not now they should be based on population projections. Both possibly have a higher rate than the 2011 census general population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

To be honest, having applied to British public bodies, I found being asked about my religion and sexual orientation a BIT intrusive.

I mean who gets to see this?
    Where is it filed?
    How secure is it?

Back in 2012 an NHS trust managed to have a data breach...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/aug/06/nhs-trust-fined-data-security

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭Rattser

Positive discrimination is all very well, but they've only got so many jobs available which makes one wonder where the money and the positions are going to come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Advertisement