Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

man tits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Ah here, I'm just a bit over-weight I'm definitely not obese, I eat very little but I do drink a nice bit of good quality chilled beer. Losing 3 stone is not a problem as this is what I'd like to lose so it will be easy for me over a few months.

I have seen obesity defined a few ways. You meet the first but as people love saying bmi isn't a perfect measure of anything.

- bmi > 30
    - bodyfat > 25%
    - waist > 40 inchs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

What is your height and current weight if you don't mind posting?

its me the OP :) i'm 5 8 in height and im 13.5st in weight

i just did a bmi online and it said....
    Your Smart Body Mass Index Results...
    This calculation is based on the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index (SBMI). Its ideal range is between 30/70 and 40/70.

Your SBMI is 40/70 or "40 points out of 70".

so i'm very much borderline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I just weighed myself there and I'm 15.3 stone. I'm 5ft-10. What would be the ideal weight for me at this height ?. Would 14 stone suffice ?.

I'm you height and in January 2016 I weighed 15St 7lb. Now I way 11St 10lb. I feel my ideal weight is between 10.7 to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Kinda got off to a good start.

I love a fry at the weekend, and have reduced the amount of saussies i eat from 5 to 2. Kicked out has browns in favour of beans and some toast, and threw in some mushrooms, all done on the George Foreman.

I've started measuring out the porridge now in the morning too. I'm hoping some small changes like this, with some exercise in the evening, will get me off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

how big are your Tits ?

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

how big are your Tits ?

edging on a B i'd say - Anything more than a handful is a waste tho!:p:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Ah here, I'm just a bit over-weight I'm definitely not obese
    People are much fatter than they think they are, your bodyfat percentage is probably quite high if you're in the overweight range on the bmi scale
    Wibbs wrote: »
    The problem can be that society has a more recent tendency to rate actually fat as "average" and the old average as "underweight", so that can throw people's perceptions.
    psinno wrote: »
    I have seen obesity defined a few ways. You meet the first but as people love saying bmi isn't a perfect measure of anything.

- bmi > 30
    - bodyfat > 25%
    - waist > 40 inchs

The chances are Bongalongherb that you are fatter than you think, and you are more overweight than you think. And I'm saying this as a man in a worse position.

I am just about 17st, 5'10, over 32% body fat and facing up to & tackling my own weight issues. I am exercising and on a calorie restricted intake now.

A particular hate of mine is my chest, too much padding, I can grab a handful of boob and that is a very embarassing thing, even if it's just me on my own I feel myself reddening about it sometimes.

Put in the honest effort and we'll get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

I am just about 17st, 5'10, over 32% body fat and facing up to & tackling my own weight issues. I am exercising and on a calorie restricted intake now.

Put in the honest effort and we'll get there :)

I'm 5'7 79kg 22% , down from 93kg 26% (didn't measure bf till Aug) over the last year. You don't need to go overboard on anything, just be consistent and ride out the occasional bump.

I can see the changes in my shoulders , neck , hands , legs, feet and boobs. Still waiting for my belly to catch up but I'm sure it will eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Losing weight and still like lose another Stone and half/10kg but have found eating veg a great help to losing flab and as a guy who was getting moobs Broccoli is very good

I've been given a tip, that green tea, (any of them), or black coffee is great for giving the metabolism a boost. At least 3 cups a day. Also, add in a spoon of tumeric (might give that one a miss)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

gerrybbadd wrote:
    I've been given a tip, that green tea, (any of them), or black coffee is great for giving the metabolism a boost. At least 3 cups a day. Also, add in a spoon of tumeric (might give that one a miss)

The boosting metabolism thing will be almost negligible. A better way is through exercise and diet.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    The boosting metabolism thing will be almost negligible. A better way is through exercise and diet.

I meant in addition to the exercise and diet!

gerrybbadd wrote:
    I meant in addition to the exercise and diet!

Well you might want to mention that then. A lot of people believe the whole green tea will make me thin deal and it's just not true at all. It's up there with a detox will make me healthy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It's all about eating better. No fad diets or "this food will make you lose weight". Just start giving a crap what you put into your body and you won't go far wrong. Eat natural, minimally processed foods and not too much of them and you won't go far wrong.

I'm 5'7 and hit a peak of 15st 10lb (ugh) there about 2 years ago - obviously obese by any metric. Basically started doing the above with exercise I find enjoyable and am now in and around 11st now (normal BMI), with a good bit more muscle.

Main thing is to make yourself want to do it, and keep making yourself after every setback you hit!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

gerrybbadd wrote: »

None of the above will make much difference in the overall scheme of things, normal coffee or team would suffice there. It is all in your diet and exercise, keep those going and you will be flying. If you want tumeric, throw a spoon full into a curry or stir fry, it's good way to get it into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

As some one who needs to lose a lot of weight and have started. I think the ratio of diet to exercise in weight loss is 70:30.

As an aside, did I see that tumeric should not be taken by people on cancer treatment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

My thoughts on turmeric are that it is not needed as an aid to getting weight loss going. Sort out what you're eating, and portion size, and do some regular exercise. No aloe vera diets, no green tea diets, no turmeric fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Electric Sex Pants

Amirani wrote: »
    It's all about eating better. No fad diets or "this food will make you lose weight". Just start giving a crap what you put into your body and you won't go far wrong. Eat natural, minimally processed foods and not too much of them and you won't go far wrong.

I'm 5'7 and hit a peak of 15st 10lb (ugh) there about 2 years ago - obviously obese by any metric. Basically started doing the above with exercise I find enjoyable and am now in and around 11st now (normal BMI), with a good bit more muscle.

Main thing is to make yourself want to do it, and keep making yourself after every setback you hit!

Well done on the weight loss!!! you are exactly right, no processed crab, cut down on carbs and exercise, works 100% of the time

Well done on the weight loss!!! you are exactly right, no processed crab, cut down on carbs and exercise, works 100% of the time

Carbs are not the enemy. Yes cutting carbs will work but only if your fats and proteins remain the same. The calorie deficit is the key factor in weight loss. Not carb intake though adjusting carb intake is one tool to create the deficit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Carbs are the enemy. Partly anyway.

Eating cereal, toast, sandwiches and a big feed of spuds every day is not gonna assist in losing fat. Same with dairy. Diet in general needs to be nailed if you're going to see any progress and cutting dairy and grains or at least minimising them is a good starting point (fúcking hard though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Electric Sex Pants

armaghlad wrote: »
    Carbs are the enemy. Partly anyway.

Eating cereal, toast, sandwiches and a big feed of spuds every day is not gonna assist in losing fat. Same with dairy. Diet in general needs to be nailed if you're going to see any progress and cutting dairy and grains or at least minimising them is a good starting point (fúcking hard though).

If you cut out carbs completely, go full on keto diet, then you do not have to cut out dairy,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Have man tits myself and hate having them, started back on the weights so hopefully that will strengthen up the chest muscles.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well you know what Groucho said; 'he hated going to see a film where the leading actor had better cleavage than the leading lady'.
    I think he was referring to Victor Mature and Janet Leigh.

I've lost a half stone in just over a week through diet and some very slight exercise.

I'm just eating a bit smarter now, and have cut portion sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Have man tits myself and hate having them, started back on the weights so hopefully that will strengthen up the chest muscles.
    They might, but that won't remove the fat that is causing them.

In fact it might actually make them larger since you'll have bigger muscle under the existing fat.

Cardio and a caloric deficit will remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Had the same problem a few months back, nothing huge but definitely starting to show, a friend of mine was big into the weights so I started working out with him...good diet but very little cardio....well the down side to that was yes I building muscle but under the fat and my tits were beginning to look a lot lot bigger, went to the instructor in the gym who changed my program around ...3 days cardio,3 day's of weights ...lighter loads but with more reps ... I seen a huge difference even after a week, plus I lost nearly half a stone my first week on the new program....
    So just be mindful before hitting the weights flat out, the key is mixing between the two...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

OP the obvious answer is exercise and diet. You'll figure that one out yourself with time spent under a bar as opposed to propping one up. For a newbie into the fitness world try taking a long but quick tempo'd hill walk. Constant heart rate in your burn zone (there are loads of free apps or expensive fitness watches to do this for you).

But sometimes if its creating issues with confidence. How you dress can help. Some guys just hold weight on their chest and its the last place that tones up. They can appear quite skinny (gut, waist line etc) but the man boobs just won't go away. This can be hormonal and difficult to get quick results on. So obviously avoiding skinny fit t-shirts is a start. But simple things like avoiding horizontal stripes (which will emphasis them) or else choosing a T-shirt that has a irregular pattern across the chest or a shirt with pockets. Avoid white t-shirts stick to darker colours and use complimentary neutral tones as opposed to contrasting. If you use extreme contrast black pants and white tshirt you'll just cut yourself in the middle emphasizing your shape.

Use layering, blazer / waistcoat over t-shirt.

Basically use the tricks that girls have mastered long long before us and if that fails there are male versions of spanx. Essentially compression tops to be worn under clothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

mzungu wrote: »
    If you want tumeric, throw a spoon full into a curry or stir fry, it's good way to get it into you.

chillies are suppose to be even better for metabolism

Advertisement