Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

man tits

Options
  • 22-04-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in my late 30s i'm getting saggy up top

whats the best way to counter-act it?? any exercise or sport i should take up or diet ? or even clothing?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

fryup wrote: »
    I'm in my late 30s i'm getting saggy up top

whats the best way to counter-act it?? any exercise or sport i should take up or diet ? or even clothing?

thanks in advance

Buy a bra?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

smash wrote: »
    Buy a bra?
    Cop on. No more of that sort of post.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm getting a bit voluptuous myself!

I've started cutting down on the amount of food I'm taking in. The wife does this slimming world meal plan, so I'll do that with her.

I know I'll need to also burn more cals than I'm taking in - it's this part thats the most daunting, as I have never exercised!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If overweight, try to lose it. Starting a weight training gym regime could be a plan. If it's noticeable then maybe a visit to your GP to get it checked out, bloodwork done etc. There are conditions that can cause this and may require more medical management.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Diet and cardiovascular (cycling + swimming) and the moobs will be taken care of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Diet and cardiovascular (cycling + swimming) and the moobs will be taken care of.

Add onto this some light weight training (bench press/flies) to firm up the pectoral muscles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Charlie19 wrote: »

Diet and taking up weights will also improve things and for a lot of people taking up weights is a lot easier then suddenly starting cardio exercise, especially if you are on the heavy side.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

dropping weight is the obvious first step , carbs and sugar are the killer. Look up "low carb" on youtube or on the net and you will get an idea of how to tweak your diet.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

lee_baby_simms cop on FFS. The next "funny comment" on this thread gets a ban. Post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

For 90% of men man boobs are simply excess chest fat.

Since it is impossible to target specific areas of the body for fat loss you simply have to drop the weight.

Best way to do this is track every single calorie you eat and reduce that amount by 500 a day.

Then add in some low level cardio at the start and a basic weight training program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm not fat.....well just a tad ....my bmi says i'm overweight

i do swim in the summer and cycle once a fortnight..i suppose i'll have to do more

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭endacl

And less of the fryups. Walk more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I have a slight problem with the tities myself. I was always into weight lifting to keep firm but I sure as hell let it lax for the last 2 years and I have a bit of a sag myself.

The last 3 weeks now I have done 100 push-ups a day and they are starting to firm up. The funny thing is that the first day I said to myself that I will do them, I only managed 12 :eek:. So if you want them gone, just start off doing as many a day as you can when you have the bit of time and stick with it and they will be a thing of the past. It's the motivation that's the problem, but just stick to it no matter what, and in a few months you will be pecked big-time.

I was a bit taken aback 3 weeks ago having a shower and said that's it man, those tits are going, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The real name for man boobs is gynaecomastia
    Certain foods or medications can add to the issue, you can google it.

If you build up massive pecs and then stop training they will start sagging too, so focus on lean rather than bodybuilding*

*not professional advice

i do swim in the summer and cycle once a fortnight..i suppose i'll have to do more
    People are much fatter than they think they are, your bodyfat percentage is probably quite high if you're in the overweight range on the bmi scale.

What is your height and current weight if you don't mind posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I don't know how old you are but honestly the hardest part for you will be making the start.

I was overweight last year but due to personal reasons I lost a lot of it. Decided no way was I going back to that and started working out again. Almost 46 now and try to hit the gym 4/5 days a week. Feel much better look much better and also love working out.

A cycle once a fortnight or the odd swim will do no good tbh. Sorry for being blunt but you will need to take a hard look at your lifestyle, diet and physical activity if you are serious about losing the moobs. It's easy to gain weight and it won't be easy to lose it but honestly if you make the effort and are serious about it then the results will he worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

I'd echo what most of the others have said. The easiest (yet hardest) way to lose weight it to stop it at source, so that's diet.
    To get look more toned you need to add weight lifting and cardio.

Find out your BMR, that's the amount of calories you need a day just to exist. Then find out your AMR and adjust your diet as needed. -500 calories a day is a pound a week.

http://www.bodycalc.com/basal-metabolic-rate/bmr-amr-calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Like any fitness and weight issue a mix of diet and exercise is the best option. Cut calories will help to drop weight but exercise will burn more calories to do more. What you do with your pecs depends on what you want- if you want to just drop weight then some toning weights for your pecs is a good idea, if you want to actually build a bit of muscle there then a slightly more specific programme would be useful.

Either way easily fixed while you're relatively young

I just weighed myself there and I'm 15.3 stone. I'm 5ft-10. What would be the ideal weight for me at this height ?. Would 14 stone suffice ?.

I just weighed myself there and I'm 15.3 stone. I'm 5ft-10. What would be the ideal weight for me at this height ?. Would 14 stone suffice ?.
    I'm 5ft-9 and I'm 11.5 stone... I feel like I need to lose that half a stone. Then again it depends on your build and muscle mass.

• Advertisement

Just my 2 cents so… IMH scales aren't the be all and end all. Like the BMI scale they're a guide. Look in a full length mirror in the nip. Do you look skinny? Do you look average? Do you look fat? Then unless you suffer from body dysmorphia you probably are one of those in reality.

bmi-figur.jpg

If you're in the orange zone you're on the way. If you're in the red you're fat and if you're the two guys on the extreme left Bob Geldof needs to start organising a charity record.

Build comes into it alright. EG I'm 5'11" and if I was 15 odd stones I'd most certainly be carrying way too much weight(unless I roiled up and it was all muscle).

The problem can be that society has a more recent tendency to rate actually fat as "average" and the old average as "underweight", so that can throw people's perceptions. I know a family like that. They're all overweight, with nary a waist among them, but when I'm around they genuinely believe me to be underweight. And I'm not, if anything I'm a little stodgy around the middle and could tone up at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

At that height you're obviously a bit flabby at 15 stone. You want to look well you'll have to lose 2 stone. Your ideal weight would actually be just over 12 stone but of course not knowing you and your actual physique this is a bit of a generalisation.

To get to that is 90% diet and 10% exercise. The gym lovers might disagree but you can't out-lift fry ups, beers and biscuits. But you don't have to become a pioneer vegan either. Just pay a little attention to what you eat and how much and cut out the crap. It's perfectly fine to have that steak with salad and chips. It's the sugary drinks and the crisps and biscuits that do the most damage. Oh and eat less. Unless you're working physically you don't need two hot meals with four spuds and all the veg. One hot meal with two spuds and a sandwich for the other meal will do. You might feel hungry for a short while but it's false and it'll go away.

I'm in the 26 orange range. I have wide shoulders and the biceps are defined from doing the weights 3 times a week , but basically I'm top heavy but I am a serious beer lover and have cut down recently and have a bit of a belly of course but not too bad. The crisps I know I must cut them out.

The diet is all salad sandwiches and omelettes and veggies for the last 3 weeks and the hunger has faded already. Damn hard it was with the cravings especially when I got the munchies after a toke, but that's taken care of. I sure as hell felt heavy walking earlier on, so am really going to try to shed 3 stone hopefully in the next few months. The killer is having to walk a distance and you feel gravity pulling you down into a seating position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

smash wrote: »
    I'm 5ft-9 and I'm 11.5 stone... I feel like I need to lose that half a stone. Then again it depends on your build and muscle mass.

Christ - i'm the same height, and am 13.5 stone.

The real scare for me was, I got passport photos done while wearing a shirt and tie. My face and chins looked like a thumb being held up. The wife calls me the thumb now

gerrybbadd wrote: »

The real scare for me was, I got passport photos done while wearing a shirt and tie. My face and chins looked like a thumb being held up. The wife calls me the thumb now
    Years ago I hit 13 stone and got pretty much the same fright after seeing a photo. I dropped to 11 and was happy so I'm aiming to get back there before the summer. I have a bit of a belly from laziness and that's pretty much it.

At that weight and height you are technically obese.

Ideal would be for you to lose 20kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'm in the 26 orange range. I have wide shoulders and the biceps are defined from doing the weights 3 times a week , but basically I'm top heavy but I am a serious beer lover and have cut down recently and have a bit of a belly of course but not too bad. The crisps I know I must cut them out.

The diet is all salad sandwiches and omelettes and veggies for the last 3 weeks and the hunger has faded already. Damn hard it was with the cravings especially when I got the munchies after a toke, but that's taken care of. I sure as hell felt heavy walking earlier on, so am really going to try to shed 3 stone hopefully in the next few months. The killer is having to walk a distance and you feel gravity pulling you down into a seating position.

Try for two stone then re-assess. Important thing about targets is they must be realistic. Also as we're getting a tad older we can look a bit haggard in the face on our 'ideal' weight.

I am pretty much you, 5.11, good shoulders and was just over 100 kg which is nearing 16 stone.
    I'm just over 13 stone now and could probably lose another half or so but look reasonably trim in clothes. And I got there with what I said earlier.

At that weight and height you are technically obese.

Ideal would be for you to lose 20kg.

Ah here, I'm just a bit over-weight I'm definitely not obese, I eat very little but I do drink a nice bit of good quality chilled beer. Losing 3 stone is not a problem as this is what I'd like to lose so it will be easy for me over a few months.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Try for two stone then re-assess. Important thing about targets is they must be realistic. Also as we're getting a tad older we can look a bit haggard in the face on our 'ideal' weight.

I am pretty much you, 5.11, good shoulders and was just over 100 kg which is nearing 16 stone.
    I'm just over 13 stone now and could probably lose another half or so but look reasonably trim in clothes. And I got there with what I said earlier.

Very good B, Yep I'll be swinging into it as I'm already doing at this time and see how she goes over the next 2 months. The key is to break the bad habits of junk-food, ie. crisps. I already manage 100 push-ups a day so it's progressing well for the chest while dealing with the rest, so I should be able to manage the 2/3 stone loss when I get there and see how the walking is with less weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

gerrybbadd wrote:

gerrybbadd wrote:

You can beat the comments like that it's enough to kick-start ya :)

Advertisement