Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Kane, Harry Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Has to be Kane for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Right, decision made. Going with Mahrez (c), Kane (v).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Aguero or Kane. Early kickoff for Aguero is pushing me towards Harry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Currently on Kane this may change.

• Advertisement

Newcastle have a 16-4 overall away score for the last 6 games.

I hate Liverpool for the rotation they pulled last week, but with Benteke, Ings and Origi injured, Sturridge will have to play the full 90, won't he?!

He's scored 4 in his last 5 appearances...

Ahhhh! I hate this game and the fact the two times I Captained Kane he returned 4 points!!!

F*ck it anyway.

It's on Sturridge with Kane vc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I hate Liverpool for the rotation they pulled last week, but with Benteke, Ings and Origi injured, Sturridge will have to play the full 90, won't he?!

Ahhhh! I hate this game and the fact the two times I Captained Kane he returned 4 points!!!

There's the option of Firmino at false 9 and Sturridge benched

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

after an absolute catastrophe of a punt on Martial for the DGW I'll be tossing a coin on Aguero or Kane.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    There's the option of Firmino at false 9 and Sturridge benched

Shush!!!!

Ugh, the doubts...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F*ck it anyway.

It's on Sturridge with Kane vc.

Winning the EL is their best chance of CL next season.
    I'd imagine that's their priority now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

West Bron have only conceded more than two four times this season. I expect Pulis to shut up shop so I'm going with Aguero.

Edit: gone back to Kane. Rival has him and no Aguero. I've an 80 point lead for €500 so no point taking chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Firmino rumoured to be up front... I'm chasing so Firmino(c) it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Going for Shane Long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    West Bron have only conceded more than two four times this season. I expect Pulis to shut up shop so I'm going with Aguero.

Edit: gone back to Kane. Rival has him and no Aguero. I've an 80 point lead for €500 so no point taking chances.

Aguero. For the reasons you gave originally.

Its Pulis. Spurs will be happy to win 1-0.

Can see more goals in City game and Aguero will start and come off early.

(BTW In you league position I'd still go with your gut. You've covered Kanes score. If he gets 20 captain pts thats the max you lose, less Agueros score x 2 as the other lad doesn't even own him.)

FHFC wrote:
    Aguero. For the reasons you gave originally.

Its Pulis. Spurs will be happy to win 1-0.

Can see more goals in City game and Aguero will start and come off early.

(BTW In you league position I'd still go with your gut. You've covered Kanes score. If he gets 20 captain pts thats the max you lose, less Agueros score x 2 as the other lad doesn't even own him.)

Yeah but it's really Aguero x 2 v Kane + whatever other striker his rival has gets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    Yeah but it's really Aguero x 2 v Kane + whatever other striker his rival has gets

Yeah i know. But then other striker ain't Agüero! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm so dumb. I've only just realised that City are home, not away. I thought it was at the Britannia - er, I mean, the bet365 - and I had it on Kane. Now I'm not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Shush!!!!

Ugh, the doubts...

Newcastle have conceded 63 goals and scored a measly 6 in the PL at Anfield and only won there once.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

zerks wrote: »
    Newcastle have conceded 63 goals and scored a measly 6 in the PL at Anfield

So that's clearly not true. They scored 6 alone in the two 4-3 games at Anfield in the league in 96 & 97

Then there was the 2-2 game in 2002, the comeback liverpool had on the last day of the season in 2014 when trying for the title after being 1 down. Danny Agger scored an own goal around 2010 or so and I'm sure there's been other times they've scored there in the league, certainly in the double figures at the very least

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

8-10 wrote: »
    So that's clearly not true. They scored 6 alone in the two 4-3 games at Anfield in the league in 96 & 97

Then there was the 2-2 game in 2002, the comeback liverpool had on the last day of the season in 2014 when trying for the title after being 1 down. Danny Agger scored an own goal around 2010 or so and I'm sure there's been other times they've scored there in the league, certainly in the double figures at the very least

Stupid SSN telling me lies earlier..:mad:.....Anyhow the point is that they don't win there and concede a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I'm leaning Kane over Aguero... Kane is likely to get the full 90 whereas Pellegrini will surely try and get Aguero off asap with Madrid on Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Yet stoke are conceding like mad... and city need top 4... and both my main rivals will be captaining aguero and dont have Kane.. am I better off to just captain Aguero and keep Kane as my points gainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

spock. wrote: »
    Firmino rumoured to be up front... I'm chasing so Firmino(c) it is!!

I think Firm will also start based on him starting v Stoke, Dort, Bourne and Eve.
    But he has only played 60/70 mins in those games.
    I don't think Sergio will play more than 60 this weekend tho...
    Stickin with gut and captaining Firm.....and also because most will go for Serg or Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I have it on Sanchez, think it'll stay there.

I'm not confident of Aguero starting and I'm wary of a spirited West Brom defence. Pulis said he was disappointed and said maybe they didn't prepare properly, or something to that effect, for the Arsenal match.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was leaning towards Kane earlier this week but an in form Kun at home is hard to ignore even if it will be for only 60 minutes.

I think Firm will also start based on him starting v Stoke, Dort, Bourne and Eve.
    But he has only played 60/70 mins in those games.
    I don't think Sergio will play more than 60 this weekend tho...
    Stickin with gut and captaining Firm.....and also because most will go for Serg or Kane

If Firminho starts, is Sturbridge on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Switched to aguero

Have to take a risk, can't take the sturridge risk, gonna go with Sanchez

If Firminho starts, is Sturbridge on the bench?

Most journalists are saying Firmino will be up front with Sturridge rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Switched to aguero

I just can't decide
    aguero in form at home to a porous defence
    should be a NO BRAINER for me
    but Kane also on good form and will play 90 so more chance to get a poxy pen late on!
    one caveat to this
    in the moeny league I've almost wrapped up second and third won't have kun but have Kane who they will captain
    so do I match them and just take whatever kun gets or try and double it!!!!!
    been on Kane all week which feels strange as an always captain kun kind of guy

Advertisement