Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just watched it and it was good.

Why are people so surprised that it was good.

It's a very simple formula to follow. Get a restaurant, match people together and film their date.

How can it go wrong?

I know a guy who could answer that for you.............!!

Federica-and-Lee.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just watched it and it was good.

Why are people so surprised that it was good.

It's a very simple formula to follow. Get a restaurant, match people together and film their date.

How can it go wrong?

The people are the important variable

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

I'd say your wan Frederica was dying to introduce him to her 7 auld lads

How can you have 7 dads? Doesnt matter where youre from you just have one dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Jaysus that was hard to watch. Your one Federica.........I hope she watched the show herself because if she wanted to know whty shes single it was there in all its car crash Glory. Classic case of someone who has zero self awareness. That lad lee she went on the date with was beyond patient and cool.
    The one that surprised me the most was the date between the blonde Girl Amy and, that guy who has to be gay. I was fully expecting her to say no way for a second date but she went for it. Bloody hell.
    By the way, it really sounds like Michael Fassbender providing the voice over. Its not is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Nermal

Letree wrote: »
    And not a straight tooth in any of their heads

Agreed, one of my main thoughts watching it, most of them need to see an orthodontist. Daryl has an excuse I guess...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mindset wrote: »
    How can you have 7 dads? Doesnt matter where youre from you just have one dad.

The joke went over your head it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,480 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Todd Gack wrote: »

The show couldn't really ask for better timing, keeps it in the news :D

Todd Gack wrote: »

Gives new context to what said in the video embedded on that indo page

"I've been with a very famous Irish guy
    he had a nice doodle but it wasn't doing the work"

ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I really don't see why they're giving "Federica", who was really creepy on her first date and who has been charged with harassment another chance.

I know the producers are doing it for the cringe rating, but you have to think about the safety of the other person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I really don't see why they're giving "Federica", who was really creepy on her first date and who has been charged with harassment another chance.

I know the producers are doing it for the cringe rating, but you have to think about the safety of the other person.

Exactly if it was a male creepy predator type there'd be serious upset about him getting airtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Because she's good looking
    Because she's crazy
    Because people are talking about her
    Because people who haven't seen her will tune in to see her second performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Because she's good looking
    Because she's crazy
    Because people are talking about her
    Because people who haven't seen her will tune in to see her second performance.

Good looking?
    Oh and her name is daphney.

screamer wrote: »
    Good looking?
    Oh and her name is daphney.

Well she's a model, so yes, good looking

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Repeat on RTE 2 tonight at 10 for anyone that's missed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

I know the scouse bird on this, she's my mates sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

weemcd wrote: »
    Get me her number lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

She comes across as really nice, is she?
    Apart from the fact she's smoking hot!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Well she's a model, so yes, good looking

I think she is decent looking, not that good looking that shed turn heads (mine anyway!) but on an aside I would disagree with the logic that because she is a model she is automatically good looking (or at least conventionally so!) !! Plenty of models aren't necessarily stereotypical good looking. Many are chosen because they are unique (like that muslim GIRL with the beard)

She had a couple of assets which struck more people than her facial features etc, lets be honest here!

I think she is decent looking, not that good looking that shed turn heads (mine anyway!) but on an aside I would disagree with the logic that because she is a model she is automatically good looking (or at least conventionally so!) !! Plenty of models aren't necessarily stereotypical good looking. Many are chosen because they are unique (like that muslim GIRL with the beard)

She had a couple of assets which struck more people than her facial features etc, lets be honest here!

Obviously. I never said she was stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

They say they filmed in January whereas she was arrested and charged two weeks ago.

I wonder will she be cut out of future episodes...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

amdublin wrote: »
    They say they filmed in January whereas she was arrested and charged two weeks ago.

I wonder will she be cut out of future episodes...?

She hasn't been found guilty of anything yet so I reckon not, they'd be missing out on some serious entertainment if they did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

armaghlad wrote: »
    Get me her number lol

You can have it here for a small fee. You actually from Armagh btw?
    She comes across as really nice, is she?
    Apart from the fact she's smoking hot!

She actually is, I was texting her for a bit, she's a bit of a player from what I can tell. But honestly very nice girl, good craic, big into her family etc, good laugh. You'd 100% have your hands full with her though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

She actually is, I was texting her for a bit, she's a bit of a player from what I can tell. But honestly very nice girl, good craic, big into her family etc, good laugh. You'd 100% have your hands full with her though.

That doesnt sound nice lol

assets which are very apparent at the top of her twitter page!

https://twitter.com/kittymotivation?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

I thought Amy was a bit nervous, laughing a bit too hard and joking too much etc, wasn't surprised it went the way it did, but you'd feel v sorry for her.

Yes I am. Is pimping allowed on boards? Lol. It's the accent does it for me - makes me melt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:
    Ease up on the personal comments/personal abuse please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I thought Amy was a bit nervous, laughing a bit too hard and joking too much etc, wasn't surprised it went the way it did, but you'd feel v sorry for her.

I think yer man made a comment earlier in the date about 'having his queen and not realising it', in other words he still hankered over his former gf and broke up because he took it for granted. It happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

So that madyoke is up in court for harassing a celebrity chef. Should she not be pulled from Thursdays episode? Bloody creepy IMO. I think if it was a man she probably wouldn't have been on in the first place, never mind after recent revelations. I think they should pull it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'd imagine they won't be airing her next episode until the court proceedings are finished. They'll probably just edit her out completely.

Surely that's a presumption of guilt? Or has she been found guilty? I don't see why they wouldn't still air her in the next episode..

M

armaghlad wrote: »
    Surely that's a presumption of guilt? Or has she been found guilty? I don't see why they wouldn't still air her in the next episode..

With an upcoming court case where a jury would be concerned it wouldn't be fair if the jury could form an opinion on someone either good or bad before the case is presented to them. I wouldn't be surprised if the jury was asked if they had seen her on First Dates before they are selected.

With an upcoming court case where a jury would be concerned it wouldn't be fair if the jury could form an opinion on someone either good or bad before the case is presented to them. I wouldn't be surprised if the jury was asked if they had seen her on First Dates before they are selected.
    Surely that ship has sailed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

How do you know there'd even be a jury involved if it went to court?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

39 me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

This is awful cringeworthy sh*te so far.

ah, that red head girl was lovely. Nicest girl so far on this, personality (and looks wise)

M

Heres a grade 1 tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Kias..Tosser already !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

I'm kind of a big deal

jobless wrote: »
    I'm kind of a big deal

followed by...............

"I work in Nandos"...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

The scouse is out already....he works in nandos!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

followed by...............

"I work in Nandos"...............

If word got out in nandos that he was with an ugly bird it would be big news

Great Tralee accent there !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

I'm buy sexual as well, I have to pay for my sex :(

nothing worse than someone who describes THEMSELVES as free spirited...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I didnt like the old Geezer from the start.

Bid deal over the bill...get over it..it was free !!

hes a bit odd...........!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement