Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

.anon. wrote: »
    MILF is a horrible term. I prefer "Female I'd Like To Hug".

I'd hate to hear your opinion of a GILF then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Poorest episode of the series tonight so far, loved the old couple as I always do but I thought her rejection of him was quite brash and harsh.

He even said he was only really looking for companionship and she could have at least offered him that in some form. Probably the cruellest put down I've ever seen in an old couple, there's normally an offer to at least stay in contact as friends if there's no romantic feelings.

Maybe she had a fear that if she gave any inkling of fondness towards him that he would use her as an emotional crutch. She did seem extremely shocked that he had only recently lost his wife. I guess it's not for us to judge but by God I had to watch that through my fingers, it completely blindsided me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Did he say what he does for living?(mohican)

He used work with the maitre d, Matteo he is/was a bartender

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thelad95 wrote: »
    Poorest episode of the series tonight so far, loved the old couple as I always do but I thought her rejection of him was quite brash and harsh.

Yeah just finished watching it there and it was a poor episode on top of last weeks episode which wasnt any great shakes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BlondeLou wrote: »
    Cian was on Big Brother too if I remember correctly.

What is it with these people shouting out to people on the restaurant?

Yes Cian lockdown cockdown looked familiar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes Cian lockdown cockdown looked familiar

Very witty statement.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah man.....I really liked Denis & Marie...but she was right on the money there....after 57yrs of marriage I dont think denis has 'left go' yet

Denis needs a friend a companion for outings and dinners etc.,

Marie kinda reminded me of Angelica Huston

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Shocked that Denis got turned down. Very tough to watch especially since he was so keen to take her out again :(

Despite the irritating accent I thought mohawk lad seemed sound out, as did his date. They just weren't very interesting.

They need to stop bringing on these reality TV "personalities" like Cian. Although he's a nice lad I'd prefer if we didn't have a Big Brother reject every second week.

Meath lady was good craic and had an interesting backstory, she'd have eaten your man alive though. Can't see that going anywhere.

As someone already mentioned, probably the weakest episode of the series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

I really enjoyed it! Dunno, was nice to have no assh0les, they all seemed genuinely good people.

Was shocked Denis got shafted too, I guess we missed him talking a lot about his wife. Maybe he got upset too, I'm sure she had a good reason to let him down like that.

Pity hardly any follow up success, but that's mostly due to the sh!t times we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

thelad95 wrote: »
    Probably the cruellest put down I've ever seen in an old couple, there's normally an offer to at least stay in contact as friends if there's no romantic feelings.

Cruellest put-down since a woman (who wasn't exactly a princess herself) told a man that he needed to get his teeth done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Cruellest put-down since a woman (who wasn't exactly a princess herself) told a man that he needed to get his teeth done.

She said it nicely and it was hardly news to him that his teeth needed attention.

The same man later came back on having had his teeth fixed and it was clear that the show was perhaps the final nudge he needed to get them sorted. I thought that was actually quite a nice story!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I don't think Marie was cruel, she was straight up about it, and more to the point, he agreed with her. I think he would have been happy to have had dinner with her and maybe go to the theatre, concerts etc. when COVID is over, but Marie might want more than that and as such she maybe didn't want to waste his time. I found it slightly strange that they didn't agree to just meet up as friends with no view to a relationship.

We saw less than 10 mins of them, I would think that they would have spent a lot of time talking about their deceased partners, so maybe she picked something up there and felt he might be rushing things. On the other hand he sounded lonely and time is against him at 79. What struck me most though, was that he agreed with her straight away that he might be rushing back in too soon.

I hope they soon find someone who suits each other. They were very nice people.

As an aside, did she ever say what she used to work at? She had a very 'RTE' voice. It sounded very familiar, very like Anne Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭VonLuck

They must have left out an awful lot about the old guy and his wife because he didn't seem hung up on the past at all. Was on par with anything she said about her husband I thought. He admitted that all he wanted was a bit of companionship and someone to go for a meal with. I got the feeling that she wasn't that interested and used his deceased wife as an excuse. She was a bit blunt with coming out with that.

• Regarding Denis and Marie, I think they're just looking for different things.

Denis seemed more ready for a slower paced life, and as he said himself 'companionship', whereas Marie still seemed more full of beans and probably looking for a bit more 'zest'.

I don't doubt Marie enjoyed herself and quite likely did pick up on Denis still mourning his wife. What was it, 57 years or something...an exceptionally long time to be with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

KevRossi wrote: »

As an aside, did she ever say what she used to work at? She had a very 'RTE' voice. It sounded very familiar, very like Anne Doyle.

I wondered this too, I thought she had a manner of someone used to listening to people like a GP or something.

She seemed very educated and well spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Marie wanted a fella who was more alpha male and could work the room better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Every poxy week when a woman turns down a man for whatever legitimate reason as she sees fit, some dose rocks up with the hot take that she was looking for an alpha male. Give me a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Every poxy week when a woman turns down a man for whatever legitimate reason as she sees fit, some dose rocks up with the hot take that she was looking for an alpha male. Give me a break!

:pac:

Turn on your sarcasm detector m8. And relax while you're at it. Getting worked up like that will do you no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

She wanted that big d!ck energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Karl and his date seem sound enough.
    I think they'd make a good couple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm fairly sure I saw Marie on a program before but I can't figure it out.

I'm fairly sure I saw Marie on a program before but I can't figure it out.

There's definitely something familiar about her.

A quick Google doesn't bring much up, if she'd been on something previous I'm sure it would have been referenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

There's definitely something familiar about her.

A quick Google doesn't bring much up, if she'd been on something previous I'm sure it would have been referenced.

I thouht she sermed familiar too. To me she had the presence/diction of an RTE Continuity Announcer from years ago or one of those older Aer Lingus cabin crew who would be in charge and probably working in Business Class on the transatlantic flights Lovely lady with something about her.

Clon63 wrote: »
    I thouht she sermed familiar too. To me she had the presence/diction of an RTE Continuity Announcer from years ago or one of those older Aer Lingus cabin crew who would be in charge and probably working in Business Class on the transatlantic flights Lovely lady with something about her.

I actually thought old school flight attendant too.

Initially I thought school teacher but no definitely someone who dealt with adults in a very confident way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I actually thought old school flight attendant too.

Initially I thought school teacher but no definitely someone who dealt with adults in a very confident way.

Dominatrix?

Dominatrix?

That might be a touch too confident :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My sources tell me that there is another Tipperary person on it tonight...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭pleh

Yeah let the show begin ! Looking forward to this.

My sources tell me that there is another Tipperary person on it tonight...

Well, he/ she better be heterosexual or that poster , anon, will be whinging on here about how he can't tolerate anyone who doesn't conform to his views and why should he pay tv licence---- he prefers 1960's rte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Ashley Coles model brother

Advertisement