Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite snack?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I'm beginning to feel a bit weird here but I don't snack like that watching TV - am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Also must be dunked in tea.

I won't eat them without tea!

Putting the kettle on!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There were some people over in my place studying last night and I went out and bought them a big packet of dark choclate digestives as a treat.

They didn't eat any of them, I guess I'll be brewing a pot of tea tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Putting the kettle on!

It's like a fine art. Must be dunked long enough for it to get soggy but if it breaks off and falls into the tea your life is ruined :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

A mound of double/triple chocolate chip cookies with a glass of ice-cold milk. Nothing better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Night Nurse, Vodka and King crisps :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Fancy crisps dipped in hummus, nom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

Cocaine served on breast, and a flute of Prosecco.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

The closest thing to a snack for me is a bowl of Cornflakes with 2 Weetabix on the bottom smothered in sugar!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That German cracked black pepper salami in Aldi. I could just eat the whole pack at the cash register to save time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Hummus, feta cheese, olives, sun dried tomatoes.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I'll happily plough through a mountain of biscuits and a pot of tea given half a chance. Viscouts, Jaffa Cakes, Custard Creams, Jersey Creams, Lemon Puffs - even plain old digestives. Superb. The texture of a biscuit is a true joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Decent sized bowl of lightly salted nachos, heap of spicy-tomato-type salsa, bit of grated white cheddar over the top. In the microwave for a quick blast then shoveled into mouth even faster.

Also the Stroopwafel from Lidl are DELICIOUS. Great with a tea or coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If I get a pang for something sweet I'd usually tuck into a few ferrior ruchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

boobar wrote: »
    Smoked applewood cheese on crackers, with a chilli jam

Haven't had it in a while....

Did Aongus get a new account?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sausage rolls with Hummus. Lovely.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Cheeses, crackers and chutney. I like the Ballymaloe stuff but made my own last year and it was gorgeous. I might try that again.

Crisps too. Crisps last no length in our house but chocolate could be there until it goes out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The likes of a penguin bar and a cup of tea if I allowed myself penguin bars... do they still exist?
    http://www.penginbar.jp/en/sp/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Tesco Chocolate Heaven Cookies (like chocolate digestives but chocolate chip cookie instead of digestive)

Or crisps...any crisps.

I like cheesy popcorn too, or just cheese and crackers.

Cashews.

Lemon curd yogurts (Aldi do lovely ones in jars).

I could eat 5 mangos in a sitting when they're on Super 6.

Greek yogurt with a little bit of honey.

Smoked Spicy Salami from Lidl (been guilty of distractedly eating the entire pack in one go).

Lindt Orange Intense.

Have been trying not to snack lately and this thread has made me starving :o

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Trying so hard to be make healthier choices,
    A month ago since Crisps and ice cream

Just now 2 oatcakes and cheese
    Rice cake with chilli philadelphia yummy
    Carrot sticks with hummous

Once a week though its treat time, yeah roll on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Salt and vinegar Pringles.
    Dry roasted peanuts.
    Scampi fries.
    Wotsits.

But when Im being all healthy then just fruit or yogurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Yellow
    Most people say pink but I like yellow

Advertisement