Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns the new houses

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Health and happiness to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Ihglcc

thanks all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see the houses came fully furnished and some of the people who moved into the houses are selling the furniture according to the front page of the Nationalist.

They should have there leases terminated straight away for that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I see the houses came fully furnished and some of the people who moved into the houses are selling the furniture according to the front page of the Nationalist.

But furnished houses mean they cant claim the special needs grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I was furious to hear this. Another endless example of the fcuked up welfare state we live in, gone wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

road_high wrote: »
    I was furious to hear this. Another endless example of the fcuked up welfare state we live in, gone wrong.

I think the reality is that most of the families who got those houses had been living in other houses and had their own furniture and found themselves in a position where they ended up with 2 lots of stuff.

That's not to excuse what they did. The council should be reimbursed for the sold goods where applicable but how likely is that to happen?

I would be more concerned with how those houses were allocated tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I do a good bit of work for the Council and alot of people need these thing some don't. But it would make you sick what people get and they don't need it. I have seen first hand people getting the grant from social welfare and everything is in the house already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Are these houses run by the council's in question or by some other housing authority. Also I took a spin up there and there are a lot of houses empty to the right as you drive in, are these all allocated to the council waiting list too?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

hadepsx wrote: »
    Are these houses run by the council's in question or by some other housing authority. Also I took a spin up there and there are a lot of houses empty to the right as you drive in, are these all allocated to the council waiting list too?.

it's a housing association that's running them but houses are allocated by the council.
    the others are mostly council being allocated this/last week however I believe there are to be 8 private rented in the whole estate

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭enterprise2017

patrickc wrote: »
    it's a housing association that's running them but houses are allocated by the council.
    the others are mostly council being allocated this/last week however I believe there are to be 8 private rented in the whole estate

your wrong its Co-Op The wholw lots all Co-Op the whole lot. some are given to people on long term housing lists but 15 houses came on line tonight for private renting 850 per month if you like

• Advertisement
Advertisement