Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns the new houses

Options
  • 18-04-2016 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Drove to apple green petrol station today and saw a new housing est being built its almost completed

It's more or less between spar and apple green.

Is it private housing?

Or social council housing?

Is that area Carlow or graige?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

at the roundabout? Isnt that a ghost estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Where is this Tony. There is a new link road been built of the roundabout past spar. Jimmy brennan had a estate behind the houses that aren't finished ghosts estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There are houses opposite Spar that are being finished off at the minute.
    They will be used for social housing. I think it's around 40 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

The estate behind Jimmy Brennan's house was built by Mythen Construction not Jimmy Brennan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

iano.p wrote: »
    Where is this Tony. There is a new link road been built of the roundabout past spar. Jimmy brennan had a estate behind the houses that aren't finished ghosts estate.

there almost finished. Workers finishing it this week i am told it's the road is also a bypass to the swimming pool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

tonyheaney wrote: »
    there almost finished. Workers finishing it this week i am told it's the road is also a bypass to the swimming pool

the road goes out to between the numbers and springhill. You'd think they'd extend it across the barrow and out to the kilkenny road

maccored wrote: »
    the road goes out to between the numbers and springhill. You'd think they'd extend it across the barrow and out to the kilkenny road

So Verry True

just been to the Carlow coco and its called Fruithill (nice name) its part Laois and part Carlow

There are houses opposite Spar that are being finished off at the minute.
    They will be used for social housing. I think it's around 40 of them.

are you sure its 40? look like more

just been to the Carlow coco and its called Fruithill (nice name) its part Laois and part Carlow
    How is it part Carlow coco? The border is down beside the church.
    Are developments on the border serviced by both cocos normally?
    are you sure its 40? look like more
    Maybe there are more in Fruithill Manor, but just 40 or so are being readied for social housing is what i was told.

• Advertisement

How is it part Carlow coco? The border is down beside the church.
    Are developments on the border serviced by both cocos normally?

Maybe there are more in Fruithill Manor, but just 40 or so are being readied for social housing is what i was told.

All I know from what they told me in Carlow CoCo was that Laois and Carlow are part owners and 50% was Carlow and visa versa

not saying you are wrong but where did you get your info? was it Laois coco?

is Fruithill Manor the name of the area being built? when we drove down today there seemed far more then 40 houses

All I know from what they told me in Carlow CoCo was that Laois and Carlow are part owners and 50% was Carlow and visa versa

not saying you are wrong but where did you get your info? was it Laois coco?

is Fruithill Manor the name of the area being built? when we drove down today there seemed far more then 40 houses

Yes, it was called Fruithill Manor when it was originally built, maybe 7-8 years ago.
    A business owner in the business park opposite was telling me it was 40 houses for social housing. That's not to say there's not more houses in the estate.

I'd be interested in finding out if Carlow coco have a 50% share, as it's clearly in Laois.
    I wonder if it's 50% of the social housing for Carlow and 50% for Laois? I'm not even sure how that'd work.
    In any case, it's great to see both cocos working together to try solve what's a big problem (the lack of social housing)

Yes, it was called Fruithill Manor when it was originally built, maybe 7-8 years ago.
    A business owner in the business park opposite was telling me it was 40 houses for social housing. That's not to say there's not more houses in the estate.

I'd be interested in finding out if Carlow coco have a 50% share, as it's clearly in Laois.
    I wonder if it's 50% of the social housing for Carlow and 50% for Laois? I'm not even sure how that'd work.
    In any case, it's great to see both cocos working together to try solve what's a big problem (the lack of social housing)

So is Fruithill Manor Laois or Carlow?

Also if you check a Carlow map you can see a pyramid shaped detour in o Laois, when did that happen? It's like the border follows the middle of the barrow takes a sharp turn out of the water and goes back down a few miles later resuming its border.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

both councils have provided the funding necessary to complete the houses, hence the sharing.
    people from Graiguecullen (Laois) will be prioritised for them I believe.

So is Fruithill Manor Laois or Carlow?
    Laois
    Also if you check a Carlow map you can see a pyramid shaped detour in o Laois, when did that happen? It's like the border follows the middle of the barrow takes a sharp turn out of the water and goes back down a few miles later resuming its border.
    That's the 'Triangle' It was formed approx 200 years ago, when the county boundary changed to bring Graiguecullen from Laois to Carlow.

Laois

That's the 'Triangle' It was formed approx 200 years ago, when the county boundary changed to bring Graiguecullen from Laois to Carlow.

200 years ago????? are you not sure that its recent? lots of perople inside feel their laois

patrickc wrote: »
    both councils have provided the funding necessary to complete the houses, hence the sharing.
    people from Graiguecullen (Laois) will be prioritised for them I believe.

went in today to confirm nd as it stand 50% "Are Carlows"

Has anyone gone in and had a look would like to see some pics of the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Seriously??? that estate has been there for years and years........ just now it's noticeable ...... It was a ghost estate well over 100 houses were to be built not sure how many are completed. From what I've heard council housing is what it'll be..... just what graigue needs.

screamer wrote: »
    Seriously??? that estate has been there for years and years........ just now it's noticeable ...... It was a ghost estate well over 100 houses were to be built not sure how many are completed. From what I've heard council housing is what it'll be..... just what graigue needs.
    that estate has been there for years and years........ just now it's noticeable .

About 6 or 7 years
    It was a ghost estate well over 100 houses were to be built not sure how many are completed.

80 at last count 45 for each county

From what I've heard council housing is what it'll be

You heard correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

maccored wrote: »

This is to happen and is in the works. Its to link up with the works on the Wexford rd and down onto the Dublin road. Total ring road eventually

• Advertisement

This is to happen and is in the works. Its to link up with the works on the Wexford rd and down onto the Dublin road. Total ring road eventually

isn't there now two ring roads being built? One at Ken Blacks and one around Dolman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

isn't there now two ring roads being built? One at Ken Blacks and one around Dolman?

Dont know bout dolmen but proposed ken blacks route is on council website. Irs to link up with the Dublin Hackettstown link road

Dont know bout dolmen but proposed ken blacks route is on council website. Irs to link up with the Dublin Hackettstown link road

do you have the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Isn't the roundabout out past the dolmen just to allow access to the new school complex that's being built?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

The road has SFA to do with the houses that road is to link to the Kilkenny road...... it's the final stretch of the outer ring road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

This is the site that was up for sale for €1.25m in 2014 (link), sold for €60m back in 2006, shocking price!

Although Graiguecullen has grown much more apart of Carlow than Laois and I'm really hoping the results of the boundary review are to move Graigue into the Carlow jurisdiction, I'm glad to see both CoCo's working together on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Ihglcc

I am moving into a house here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Well done tony. Many years of happiness in it for you and yours.

Advertisement