Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you Dye your hair when you get older?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This post has been deleted.

By "hair on the sides" are you referring to General Ambrose Everett Burnside's classic bugger-grips? Or is this yet another Yoof Phenomenon that has somehow eluded me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Stigura wrote: »
    I've reached that age and honestly couldn't tell ye if / how grey my hair is.

As far as I know, you can buy reflective artifacts called mirrors to help deduce this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

im only gonna leave it grey if i can have my hair like this when i get old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

I've been going grey since I was 18, I'd never consider dying my hair but I do get it cut short. I come from a family of greys.
    No point in trying to fight nature :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

jimgoose wrote: »
    By "hair on the sides" are you referring to General Ambrose Everett Burnside's classic bugger-grips? Or is this yet another Yoof Phenomenon that has somehow eluded me? :pac:

Men with hairy sides from their armpits down to their feet :D

I'd say what she's getting at is bald men with thick bushy hair on the sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Men with hairy sides from their armpits down to their feet :D

I'd say what she's getting at is bald men with thick bushy hair on the sides.

Micheal Noonan look

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've been going grey at the sides now for a while but that doesn't bother me at all.. I'm more concerned about the thinning on top and receding hair line.

But, there's not much I can do about it I suppose without looking ridiculous or spending a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Thinning hair very young and one hot day decided to shave the lot. Nothing more stupid than the Friar Tuck look.

Fup no.

I'm going to age naturally. Grey hair, wrinkles, and hair in places hair didn't grow before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Paul McCartney's hair seems to have discovered a new colour somewhere between purple and orange - it looks fúcking ridiculous. I could never see myself dying my hair and as I'm already almost completely grey, it would be pretty obvious if I ended up colouring it now. I still get a shock when I go to the barbers and see the pile of grey hair on the ground and the barbers have started shaving my ear lobes without bothering to ask if I want it done. Depressing…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

40 next year, no greys yet but no chance I would dye. Can't imagine it would look anyway natural at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you havent gone grey already, if you got to age of 40/50/60 and your hair started going grey or turning white would you start dying it or would you just let it go grey and embrace it?
    My hair was already starting to develop grey streaks in my mid 20's, so I just said "Feck it!" and accepted it. I'm 59 now, and it's practically white, but at least my father's (and his father's) bald gene seems to have missed me out. Instead I appear to have taken after my mother's side of the family, where all the male members of it have had full heads of hair right until their demise.

If I died mine it'd be very obvious as it was of no particular colour before I started to go grey, a sort of grey-ish, brown-ish non-descript mousey colour really. I don't think Just for Men have that colour in their range :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I've honestly no idea if my hair might be going grey - considering my age, it might well do.
    But I've been dying it red since my late teens, so I really couldn't say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

A natural looking match between skin tone & hair colour can't be achieved out of a bottle for men it would seem. Paul McCartney, Liam Neeson and even the old Asian dude off Gogglebox are cases in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I keep my hair very short so I don't think it will be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,005 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I keep my hair very short so I don't think it will be a problem.

Well your username suggests you care about lot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I dye my hair.

I couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk what other people do with their hair :)

Tommy Dillon's hair is OK lol. Black & grey. Dean on the other hand his hair looks stoopid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Tommy Dillon's hair is OK lol. Black & grey. Dean on the other hand his hair looks stoopid

Yeah what's the story, did Dean dye his hair grey or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The only thing i can dye is the hair down south....

Baldness mans answer to not having to worry about hair colour.

Yeah what's the story, did Dean dye his hair grey or what?

its more like a creamy white! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

If I was going to have hair, I might do but from looking at my scalp recently, I'm not going to have any hair to dye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Nah I'd say I'd look better grey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Well, I already dye my hair anyways- cover my mousey brown natural colour with pitch black. I started getting grey hairs when I was 21 but I don't really care about them all that much. I've seen older women rock long, silky white/grey/platinum hair and it can look fabulous so I'm not too worried about going grey in the future.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

When will you children learn that hair is a privilege not a right!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Dunno yet. If I went bald or grey I would definitely look into solutions you mentioned just to try them out, if I was happy with how they made me looks then I would stick with them obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Yamanoto wrote: »
    A natural looking match between skin tone & hair colour can't be achieved out of a bottle for men it would seem. Paul McCartney, Liam Neeson and even the old Asian dude off Gogglebox are cases in point.

Thats not true , I know several naturally ginger and blonde men who dye their hair a brown shade and it looks very natural

What does Kian Egan do to his hair? , do you reckon he is naturally blonde? , if not what colour do you reckon his real hair colour is? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

wakka12 wrote: »
    Dunno yet. If I went bald or grey I would definitely look into solutions...

Grey: Solutions good. Rinse and repeat.

Bald: Solutions bad. Shave and repeat.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement