Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

investing 300k

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Roonbox wrote: »
    I second that.

Or if you cant handle the volatility buy Gold. You wont get the same return but it is less volatile.

Or buy the S&P 500. Gold offer no dividend and is highly volatile with no risk premium. Compare Gold with the S&P500 and you will see that it is a pretty horrific long term investment

http://stockmarketalmanac.co.uk/2014/01/ftse-100-index-1984-2013-price-performance/
    The S&P is close to all time highs. Gold is way down from its $19xx all time high. Over the next 5 years I would favor Gold over S&P, each to his own obv...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

The S&P is close to all time highs. Gold is way down from its $19xx all time high. Over the next 5 years I would favor Gold over S&P, each to his own obv...

Do you know what it was at an all time high? There was restrictions on its sale.

Gold offers zero dividends. Even if the S&P has a correction. I imagine you will be significantly better off than buying gold when you take into account annual dividends. Gold has flat lined over time, while the S&P 500 has constantly gone up

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

newacc2015 wrote: »

Do you know what it was at an all time high? There was restrictions on its sale.

Gold offers zero dividends. Even if the S&P has a correction. I imagine you will be significantly better off than buying gold when you take into account annual dividends. Gold has flat lined over time, while the S&P 500 has constantly gone up
    Gold went up every year for 10 years from 2001 to 2011 including 2008 and 2009. It has been consolidating for the past 3 years.
    The SNP reached 1500 in 2000 and collapsed, 2008 and collapsed and 2013.
    So it completely depends on when you enter a position.
    we are now very close to the SNP all time high after an 8 year Rally. I would be cautious about buying the SNP here.
    Jyst my opinion obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

brinty wrote: »
    Maybe invest a few €€€ in English lessons
    Your typing skills are poor
    Are you one of these African princes in need of people to send money too...

Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Buy a forest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

john1963 wrote: »
    Idiot

A mere 17 months after the original dig John1963 comes charging back with a shot across Brinty's bow...

John is a contemplative soul :pac:

BTW how much have to to invest now? 1 million? 1 billion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Buy Bitcoin/Etherium. You just need to wait until the current price correction finishes so you can buy it at the new floor value though ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Lickin2me

Im skint work hard nothing to show, il take a donation, lets be honest ur getting on in yours years cant bring it with you. Plus you will feel great about it. Rebuild your soul

Advertisement