Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Technically not baked, but I made an Oreo cheesecake today :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 498 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Focaccia yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Focaccia yesterday

Wow. That's a work of art. Looks delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Cinnamon roll cookies - really wanted cinnamon rolls but didn’t want to wait for proving etc so these hit the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Cinnamon roll cookies - really wanted cinnamon rolls but didn’t want to wait for proving etc so these hit the spot

Any chance of the recipe? I love cinnamon. Going to make some easy cinnamon twists in the morning again. Puff pastry, cinnamon and sugar. So easy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Caranica wrote: »
    Any chance of the recipe? I love cinnamon. Going to make some easy cinnamon twists in the morning again. Puff pastry, cinnamon and sugar. So easy!

Sure - it’s a bit more work than your average cookie recipe but definitely more tasty

https://cookiesandcups.com/cinnamon-roll-cookies/

Sure - it’s a bit more work than your average cookie recipe but definitely more tasty

https://cookiesandcups.com/cinnamon-roll-cookies/

Just the 428 calories in each :D Think I'll make them smaller ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Minced Pork and Black Pudding (for a change) Rolls.....

Ee1lIUNl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

a "frozen" chocolate mousse cake I made last week - actually I call it a prototype at this stage (some mistakes were made, and it helps me prepare for my daughters bday cake)

553218.JPG

mvl wrote: »
    a "frozen" chocolate mousse cake I made last week - actually I call it a prototype at this stage (some mistakes were made, and it helps me prepare for my daughters bday cake)

553218.JPG

Looks gorgeous but I'm glad there's only one on the plate or it might be suggestive :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Caranica wrote: »
    Looks gorgeous but I'm glad there's only one on the plate or it might be suggestive :D

I see what you're up too! :D

Wow. That's a work of art. Looks delicious

That gave me an idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Comerman

Extra large pav with strawberries and crushed crunchie for the young lads 21st

OGnYY4QZ_o.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Alright, now I need to go out to buy a crunchie to crush on to something

Tree wrote: »
    Alright, now I need to go out to buy a crunchie to crush on to something

You could make your own? Honeycomb is easy to make, apart from figuring out the precise point up take it off the heat. I always seem to go that tiny bit too far

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

AlanWeb wrote: »
    I don't bake anything, but I really like cookies. There's a bakery near my house and I'm a regular customer.

Maybe you'll be inspired here! Until then, welcome.

uiolfg wrote: »
    I want it
    Too late :-)
    6 egg whites
    3 tsp white vinegar
    Pinch of salt
    3 cups of caster sugar
    3 tsp cornflour
    4 tablespoons of boiling water

Add all to the mixer bowl adding the boiling water last, beat on high until thick and glossy. Cook for 15 minutes at 160c then 1 hour at 150c, let it cool in the oven.

Got an idea from the thread about pineapple logs and made these pineapple log croissants...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭sporina

Comerman;117196967]Extra large pav with strawberries and crushed crunchie for the young lads 21st

wow that looks unreal - was the pav gooey on the inside? I always mix up pavalova and meringue - but i love the one thats crunchy on the outside, gooey underneath

sporina wrote: »
    Comerman wrote: »
    Extra large pav with strawberries and crushed crunchie for the young lads 21st

wow that looks unreal - was the pav gooey on the inside? I always mix up pavalova and meringue - but i love the one thats crunchy on the outside, gooey underneath
    Crispy shell on the outside sporina with chewy marshmallow type inside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Orange and Cardamom Bundt cake. Second time making it because the first time was such a success. The glaze is made from Aperol and Greek yoghurt which you wouldn’t think is a good combination but it’s very very tasty.

554693.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Orange and Cardamom Bundt cake.

Is it just me or does that look absolutely massive?! Like James and Giant Peach massive, compared to the fence anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The Nal wrote: »
    Is it just me or does that look absolutely massive?! Like James and Giant Peach massive, compared to the fence anyway.

The fence is only about 8inches tall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The fence is only about 8inches tall :D

haha thought/hoped so! Looks beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

Strawberry scones

[IMG][/img]YcCeFTim.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Ok, so this is not exactly baked, but they are a lovely sweet treat. My husband recently got diagnosed as diabetic, so I need to re-learn all m baking skills to avoid sugar.

These are made with frozen raspberries, rolled oats, a few cashews and some creamed coconut or coconut oil. I've added a bit of sucralose sweetener in them, too. All thrown in a food processor or a blender until smooth, then rolled into balls and rolled in desiccated coconut

556820.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

No knead bread. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭con747

No knead bread. Very nice.

Nice, recipe?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

con747 wrote: »
    Nice, recipe?

3 cups plain or strong flour
    1.75 teaspoons salt
    0.5 teaspoon dried or fast action yeast
    1.5 cups room temp water

Stir ingredients together to form a dough. It should be sticky. Add a spoon or two more water if it seems dry. Cover with cling film and leave for 12-18 hours.

When ready to bake, preheat oven to 220C. Put a cast iron pot in the oven to heat.

Meanwhile, flour your hands and the dough, remove dough from bowl and gently form dough into a ball.

Once oven is hot, remove pot and sprinkle base with flour.

Drop ball of dough into the pot. Cover and bake for 30 mins.

Remove lid and bake for 15 mins more.

Cool on a wire rack and if you prefer a softer crust, wrap in a tea-towel while it cools.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I came across my old Odlums recipe for choc chip cookies so made some this morning. They're not nearly as sweet and the Big Fat Choc Chip Cookies and have a lovely texture because of the oatmeal. There were more than this, we just got stuck in :)

20210630-120916.jpg

Advertisement