Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Baked anything tasty lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭ Duvet Day

I would be delighted to get a jar for Christmas, looks gorgeous.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭ woodchuck

Thanks a mill! I do have other "real" presents to give too, so I don't know why I put this extra pressure on myself 😂🙈

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 71,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭ New Home

Recipe, please, Woodie! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭ woodchuck

No problem:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/vanilla-fudge

Like I said, I needed to substitute glucose syrup with honey this time around and it still worked well. I also used vanilla extract instead of vanilla bean paste.

I also find it sets in a few hours, if you're impatient like me and don't want to wait overnight.

I find patience is key with this one and a sugar thermometer is vital. Also, be prepared for a very tired arm by the end of it 🙈

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 71,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭ New Home

Oh, maaaaaan...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,813 ✭✭✭✭ cnocbui

Ate the last of the Brioche today. I think I'll do something copletely original on new years day and make some brioche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭ Cheshire Cat

They look gorgeous! Could you share the recipe please?

Thank you! I love peanut butter, but it never occurred to me to make a (kind of) Danish pastry with it.

I have puff pastry on my shopping list now 😋

Wow! Great cake.

Congratulations BTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭ sporina

@Tree the cookies look good too hmm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Tree

I keep dough blobs in the freezer so they're always to hand (and quick to run up in advance of a party, like the frozen gougere dough that also didn't last long enough to photograph...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭ sporina

what's in this essentially? looks fab.. love anything with almonds..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭ ellejay

Hi they look amazing!

What pastry recipe did you use please, I can never my pies to look that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭ donnacha

Pastry was 2:1 plain flour to butter (400g:200g) + 4 tablespoons caster sugar. Mix flour and sugar in bowl. Cube the cold butter, rub in with fingers to breadcrumb consistency. Add 4 tablespoons iced water and mix with blunt knife. then bring together and knead briefly until smooth. Flatten, wrap in clingfilm and put in fridge for 30 mins.

Advertisement