Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever cheated in an exam before and how?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

There was so much cheating in the LC in my school its hard to know where to start, we should have all got 600 points but unfortunately even the combination of our great minds left a lot to be desired. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I get why anyone would cheat on a proper exam, but a mock exam? Your result on the mock exam only matters to you. The whole point is to give yourself an idea of how you'll do on the proper exam I thought.

Is cheating on a mock exam not really pointless?

Just from what I remember I think a good few people cheated in there pre exam because they didn't have much study done and they wanted to get a fair enough mark so the teachers wouldn't be annoying them to drop down to ordinary level!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

In my Irish writing exam we were allowed a dictionary in with us, and I know a few of us wrote the chunks of essays we could not remember along the spine of the inside pages, so if it was flicked through you would not see the notes.
    I done well in my Listening and Oral so felt okay doing that for writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

When I did my Leaving the internet was only for posh people. Lucky fecker!

Im in that weird transitional period age group where people would have only started using the internet in secondary school and even then there was no viral videos and people used bebo. If I learnt to harness its power for studying I would have done great.
    Just from what I remember I think a good few people cheated in there pre exam because they didn't have much study done and they wanted to get a fair enough mark so the teachers wouldn't be annoying them to drop down to ordinary level!

I felt awful after my physics mocks, my teacher was all positive and telling me I did well. I had found the exam paper the night before on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I cheated on spelling tests when I was in 1st or 2nd class. The spelling book was only small, so I had it opened in my bag under my desk.

No other cheating on tests before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

Yea, smuggled a note over to my friend asking him for an answer to one of my Geography questions. Teacher spotted the note on my friends desk and had to give me up. Every mother f**king Geography exam after that up to my Leaving Cert, my teacher gave me 39%. Got a complimentary honour in the Leaving.

I had an excuse for cheating though, I sucked in school.

Advertisement