Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever cheated in an exam before and how?

Options
  • 16-04-2016 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

title

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I beat the system by studying hard before hand. Heh, stupid teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Before what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Cheated in a drugs test a few weeks back.

Got me daughter to provide me with a sample as I smoked a double a few months back while I was in Amsterdam.

Passed with flying colours, but I'm preggers apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

How?! It sounds like you're asking for suggestions..... Leaving cert conveniently coming up......!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

no cheating. Either contribute yourself OP or don't bother posting a thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Girls in my class used to write a few helpful answers on there legs just under or on the inside of they're skirts so they would pull up the skirt a bit during the exam
    To be fair as a 16-17 year old lad It didn't really help had different things on the mind would ruin the hole exam :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

My sister did the same masters degree as I.
    I confess it was her thesis I handed in as my own.
    It wasn't the first time I did some recycling as I called it.
    I did A-level art, and paid one of those street artists for a load of his sketched portraits.
    He got an A grade.
    But actually in an exam? Never, that would be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm still alive. Part of me feels I'm cheating at life. Or winning. I will go with winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Book under the table several times in secondary.

The key to cheating (I've been a teacher of sorts so I speak from both sides) is to not go overboard. It looks very suspicious if someone who does crap in class or other assignments all of a sudden gets a ridiculously high mark when it comes to a final exam (anything over 90%). If you're going to cheat, just do enough to bump up your mark a decent amount, depending on your averages.

I was crap at maths and biology so used to cheat enough to get around 50% and get the teacher and my ma off my back. Anything else and a teacher who pays attention is going to cotton on that something's not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I cheated once by asking a question here and not writing an opinion in my opneing post...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sjb25 wrote: »
    Girls in my class used to write a few helpful answers on there legs just under or on the inside of they're skirts so they would pull up the skirt a bit during the exam
    To be fair as a 16-17 year old lad It didn't really help had different things on the mind would ruin the hole exam :)

Please. Tell us more about this hole exam, and how it was ruined?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I asked the examinar, they told me the answer. Is that cheating? reckon so

I'm doing exams in two weeks time, for the first time since my Leaving, which was 17 years ago. My young college friends ae helping me make revision timetables and stuff, based on their recent experience. I'm actually thinking for a few things of forming some connection type stuff (like for one test we had during the year, canaliculi, canals are cool! Which also somehow, can't recall how, but led to us thinking "grand canal", and recalling more parts of the bone structure through association. So I am considering writing code words on my arm. Helps that I'm that weird mature student that is always doing their own thing and the teachers wont say anything because you're older than them. I doubt I could be failed in my anatomy and physiology exam for having "canals are cool!" written on my forearm! So me and my friend are inventing phrases now!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

During my mocks in sixth year, a couple of girls put the test up on the wall in the school hall, it contained all the information needed for the test and it went unnoticed. Took it down after the exam on the way out.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    During my mocks in sixth year, a couple of girls put the test up on the wall in the school hall, it contained all the information needed for the test and it went unnoticed. Took it down after the exam on the way out.

My biology tutor in my level 5 course is so on the ball, there are left overs from when the college was a secondary school too, the lab walls have drawings from kids, she actually covered over stuff like "the heart" or "the kidney", like we could even read what the secondary school kids had drawn. They had a class drawn poster about reproduction titled "Contraception".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I wrote an Irish essay and then used the imprint on the next page before. Also found a cached version of a website for one exam.

For mocks then there were the exam papers on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,055 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Only once, to fail.

Second best thing I ever did.

Not your ornery onager

I wrote an Irish essay and then used the imprint on the next page before. Also found a cached version of a website for one exam.

For mocks then there were the exam papers on boards.

When I did my Leaving the internet was only for posh people. Lucky fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Remember the scientific calculators that had a slidy/retractable lid?

I wrote a load of the formulas on the inside of the lid for an accountancy exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

I get why anyone would cheat on a proper exam, but a mock exam? Your result on the mock exam only matters to you. The whole point is to give yourself an idea of how you'll do on the proper exam I thought.

Is cheating on a mock exam not really pointless?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Once on a Higher Maths exam in 5th year, it was on the theorems, you'd get random ones assigned but I had done each one heavily on one page the night before so just filled in the imprint. Didn't do any good, I actually used it as the proof that I needed to drop down to Ordinary level. Theorems proved correct you could say.

In my final Masters exam then on the way to the loo I was asked to empty my pockets. Unbeknownst to me I had an A4 page with essay structure hints, not really cheats but more acronyms to build up a logical structure to answer a question. Probably wouldn't have been any use anyway but through slight of hand I didn't take it out. That was a proper arse collapse moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I was considering cheating for my GSCE art exam back in the day (2009 I mean)
    Like I was really awful at it, and I hated it and I hated the teacher, and I'd failed my coursework already, so I was kind of at the point of just saying '**** it' and cheating. I was considering getting someone to paint me something, hiding it in the room where we'd be working, then somehow unveiling it as my own. But in the end I just decided to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I totally and utterly cheated in my French Leaving Cert exams by hiding a mini French-English dictionary between my legs and quite blatantly using it for the comprehension sections - the only one who didn't seem to notice was the invigilator.

Being exempt from Irish and being crap at French meant that I needed to do something to get the second language credit. This means that my entire career is based on lie......does this bother me? Not one bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

In primary school our teacher kept folders in a cabinet for each student she had over the previous ten years with all their tests for every subject. Didn't take us long to figure out that she just reused the same tests every year so we never worried about tests as we all knew exactly what questions would come up.

Somehow she (seemingly) never figured out how we were always getting at least 80% in all our tests, kept reusing the old tests, I reckon she knew full well but wasn't bothered writing new tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

For my Irish leaving cert examination I didn't write a single word of text and instead drew pencil sketches on each page. For the oral exam, I kept accidentally speaking in French. I cheated myself out of any points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

We once had an exam where you could bring in one book related to the topic - but no notes and books needed to be blank, invigilators checked the books to see there were no notes.

One lad published his own book - all the notes basically.

:) Just one copy ! for himself.

So no, I've never cheated but the above is the best example I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I had end of term exams in college a few years ago and our programming tutor gave one of the lads in my group the questions for the exam.

We all thought he was on the wind up, but sure as hell he was telling the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I had end of term exams in college a few years ago and our programming tutor gave one of the lads in my group the questions for the exam.

We all thought he was on the wind up, but sure as hell he was telling the truth.

In my programming exam at the end of first year, one of the invigilators leaned over my shoulder and corrected my code. He was doing the same for other people as were the other invigilators. I doubt more than a handful of students taking the exam actually did 100% of it themselves.

Advertisement