Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liffey valley today

Options
  • 16-04-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just seen a female security guard asking a young guy to take down his hoodie while walking around with his girlfriend..
    Some people would say fair enough as this could be seen as a security issue but my problem with this is muslim women are allowed walk around the same centre in full headgear with just their eyes showing....im not a racist and have no problem with people with different religious beliefs but found this a bit unsettling to be honest....thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

you cant say that! thats racist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Hoodie up indoors = suspicious.
    The hijab (the veil bit) = religious belief.

It's political correctness gone mad innit?!

Not even going to go after the obvious "I'm not a racist but..." line.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How often do women in hijabs shoplift in comparison to young fellas with their hoods up?

It's not about equality it's about the simple fact that dodgy people wander around shopping centres with their hoods up. Normal people tend to take their hoods down indoors.

gymman39 wrote: »
    Just seen a female security guard asking a young guy to take down his hoodie while walking around with his girlfriend..
    Some people would say fair enough as this could be seen as a security issue but my problem with this is muslim women are allowed walk around the same centre in full headgear with just their eyes showing....im not a racist and have no problem with people with different religious beliefs but found this a bit unsettling to be honest....thoughts??

Wait for it.

They'll be along in a minute, pointing out that it's actually sexist and the silence from third wave feminists is deafening.

Wait for it...

Incidentally, if you don't understand the difference between a hoody and a hijab, well it's...actually I can't be bothered explaining it...it's too obvious...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What is this thread about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

biko wrote: »
    Grim Rapper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Guy wears hoodie up, security steps in, Benny Hill scene, while some Muslim in a hijab robs Dunnes Stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Stacker Pentecost

seamus wrote: »
    How often do women in hijabs shoplift in comparison to young fellas with their hoods up?

It's not about equality it's about the simple fact that dodgy people wander around shopping centres with their hoods up. Normal people tend to take their hoods down indoors.

How often do young fellas with their hoods up blow themselves up in public places?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

I'm not racist...but..

Fair play OP, it's been a long time since I've seen that written out and it not been a piss take :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Does kind of smack of profiling a bit, though it's possibly not unexpected that a security guard well single out someone who fits a orfile their experience says is trouble. Funny around Liffey valley though since a hoodie would kind of be the default uniform in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How can it be racist to dislike the niqab, you can't tell the colour of their skin when every inch is covered..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What has nobody done a bank robbery in a hijab? It makes so much sense, it would even hide your clothes. Just take it off and burn it during your getaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

smash wrote: »
    What has nobody done a bank robbery in a hijab? It makes so much sense, it would even hide your clothes. Just take it off and burn it during your getaway.

how has that not been tried yet :D:D

Depp wrote: »
    how has that not been tried yet :D:D

You don't even need a gun. You just shout "allahu akbar"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How can it be racist to dislike the niqab, you can't tell the colour of their skin when every inch is covered..
    I find it saves time if you discriminate everyone first and worry about the why afterwards.

People, what a bunch of bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

gymman39 wrote: »

Did the security guard also ask him to untuck his trackie bottoms from his white socks? :)

cocoman wrote: »
    Did the security guard also ask him to untuck his trackie bottoms from his white socks? :)

And take his hands out of his pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How many young fellas in hoodies blow up shopping centres? :)

Of course wearing the hoodie down transforms you into a non dodgy person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FSG: Put your hood down please.

Yute: K. *drops hood, revealing horribly deformed skull

FSG: On second thoughts...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

smash wrote: »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/woman-wearing-hijab-robs-comerica-bank-in-dearborn-heights

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well they used to. A friend of mine worked in London when all the Arabs were in town. He was a security guy for a major department store. He said that women were coming in, stuffing rails of clothes under their burkas & walking out. Security were under instruction not to touch them as some were close to the middle eastern ambassadors, apparently some were diplomats wives.

He said one famous store used to just add the cost to the customers account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I had to move some young hoodies off my garden wall recently, and they grudgingly walked off saying "Is it because I is gangster?". That says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

As for the Muslim women going full burka there have been a couple of high profile robberies an example of one below
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/police-search-for-two-men-who-robbed-jewelry-store-wearing-burkas/article21649559/?service=mobile

They should be fully outlawed in public places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

I've just reported you for posting with a hooded avatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Discodog wrote: »
    Well they used to. A friend of mine worked in London when all the Arabs were in town. He was a security guy for a major department store. He said that women were coming in, stuffing rails of clothes under their burkas & walking out. Security were under instruction not to touch them as some were close to the middle eastern ambassadors, apparently some were diplomats wives.

He said one famous store used to just add the cost to the customers account.

Were they stroking Ferraro Rochet as well for the ambassadors piss ups ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

But why did he have his hood up in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Maybe his bird is ugly innit , an he didnt want his bro's to see him wiv her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

liffey valley is his church, the place that heals his hurts

keepin it realz

Advertisement