Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35 Transfers. Or, managing to field 11 players.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    any leaked pool team?
    or arsenal ?
    Im wrecked tired and don't know what I'm doing anymore :D
    can get 11 out with just one transfer of iwobi starts and even if he doesn't he will prob get minutes anyway .......I'm so very tempted by sturridge still so........
    A - Smith to any sland defender except PVA as I'm .1 short.......
    B - Smalling to PVA and martial to sturridge -4 ( can only afford .1 swing tonight )
    C Martial to Long
    D Martial to Defoe
    E Iwobi to Milner and martial to Defoe -4

if I go B then I have to choose to play PVA or iwobi!

What frontline is it for? Aguero Kane and Martial replacement?

What about AD? At worst it'll be Chaos AD :pac:...

More seriously Defoe is a good shout for 37 and Sunderland have something big at stake. So is Mr P...VA :p.

You can even do DA way over 2 GWs if you don't want to take a 4 pts hit for a def.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

Defoe or pelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »
    What frontline is it for? Aguero Kane and Martial replacement?

What about AD? At worst it'll be Chaos AD :pac:...

More seriously Defoe is a good shout for 37 and Sunderland have something big at stake. So is Mr P...VA :p.

You can even do DA way over 2 GWs if you don't want to take a 4 pts hit for a def.

yes aguero Kane
    my thinking is I will prob eventually take a -4 to switch smith for gw37 and !maybe this week may be worthwhile IF iwobi misses out
    not mad on having both PVA and Defoe whilst having no pool at home to Newcastle !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:D

It was going to take a special player to take over from Mickey Turner. PVA has certainly been worthy of the honour/curse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Is it likely Iwobi will be rested by Arsenal this week?

He's a young player with a lot of games in last month or so.Would ship him out if I thought he wouldn't start tomorrow.

Thanks for any feedback.

It's a tough one alright. Campbell was really strong when he came on last night. Although I would have thought that, if Iwobi were to be rested, he would have been mid-week.

Wilshere could be back in the squad and Ramsey could start playing on the wing again with Coquelin partnering Elneny in midfield (which I would consider unlikely).

I don't know for sure, but I think it's a toss-up between him and Campbell, and Wenger seems to prefer Iwobi a lot more. I'd predict Iwobi starting, but could see him taken off early.

• Advertisement

a quick search of Twitter seems to suggest firmino up front sturridge on bench.......enough uncertainty for me to stay away reluctantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Migonlet

Rose Clichy Gabriel

Sanchez KDB Coutinho Iwobi

Aguero Sturridge Defoe

Bench: Smalling, Fosu-mensah, Payet

Have 11 'available' starters after one hit with 0.5 in the bank. Only about 3/4 players guaranteed starters by my reckoning but at the same time there is no one I would rule out altogether - conceivaby 11 players could play.

So any advice? Any more transfers worth making or just sit and pray?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Went Lukaku to Kane to bring me to 11 players. Hopefully Gabriel and Sakho start and KDB gets enough gametime to do damage.

Jeez...

I just realised if I do Bolasie + Mitrovic -> Alli + Kane, I'm only fielding 10 players! And that's with KDB, Coutinho, Sakho AND Gabriel all playing!

Hopefully the former'll play with Pellegrini saying he'll field a strong squad. But the others I'm not sure. Klopp's been changing a lot. Though Coutinho should be pretty fresh :p!

So I may take another 4 pts hit with Payet -> Mahrez. Payet could be bought back for Coutinho in 36 or 37.

What do you guys think? Would you go for it? Would you play 10? I think another 4 pts hit for a def is riskier...

a quick search of Twitter seems to suggest firmino up front sturridge on bench.......enough uncertainty for me to stay away reluctantly
    And Coutinho & Sakho?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Already done Martial to Kane to take me to 11. Is it worth doing Mitrovic to Defoe for -4?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Already done Martial to Kane to take me to 11. Is it worth doing Mitrovic to Defoe for -4?
    It depends how many transfers you plan on doing for GW37. Defoe should (yeah let's be prudent now :p) be a good pick for this late double.
    Now, home to Arsenal vs Mitrovic away to 'Pool on the bench :p. It's 50/50.
    If you have several other transfers planned for 37 you may as well do this one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hennessey --> Begovic done for -4 to give me 11

One week punt and then leave him on the bench for the season.

fk it not taking a hit
    and villa are poison .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

KDB > Alli
    Martial > Sturridge

Bit of a risk, but fcuk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Have 10 playing but 3 of those are Coutinho, Sakho and Gabriel....risky, but I want to bank my transfer for next week to sort my team for DGW37

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Anyone any idea if Martina is a guaranteed starter for Southampton now?

Don't get you know who started! Considered him but played safe (I hope) with Berty. Guaranteed and Koeman is a pipe-dream when it comes to selection.

I considered getting Harry Kane in for the first time in about 12 months but I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb at this stage, Pelle it is, might even toss him the armband.

Gave in. Vardy and Origi were the concerns. I'm capping him but may not stay in WC team.

FFS has Mignolet Flanagan K Touré Skrtel Smith Allen Stewart Milner Firmino Ojo Sturridge

Guardian has Mignolet Randall K Touré Skrtel Smith Stewart Lucas Allen Ojo Firmino Ibe

Not sure how much they can be trusted but both neither have Coutinho nor Sakho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

FFS has Mignolet Flanagan K Touré Skrtel Smith Allen Stewart Milner Firmino Ojo Sturridge

Guardian has Mignolet Randall K Touré Skrtel Smith Stewart Lucas Allen Ojo Firmino Ibe

Both spell disaster for me. :o

• Advertisement

any leaked pool team?
    or arsenal ?
    Im wrecked tired and don't know what I'm doing anymore :D
    can get 11 out with just one transfer of iwobi starts and even if he doesn't he will prob get minutes anyway .......I'm so very tempted by sturridge still so........
    A - Smith to any sland defender except PVA as I'm .1 short.......
    B - Smalling to PVA and martial to sturridge -4 ( can only afford .1 swing tonight )
    C Martial to Long
    D Martial to Defoe
    E Iwobi to Milner and martial to Defoe -4

if I go B then I have to choose to play PVA or iwobi!

I like E for you.
    I'd go Long instead of Pelle if I was going with a Saint.

Both spell disaster for me. :o
    For me too.

-

Where do you guys check the 'Pool leaked teams? Twitter? Any particular account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

That FFS one makes no sense. Why rest an entire back four but 'risk' the only 2 lads capable of leading the line on Thursday?

Klopps comments today would suggest some, but not massive, rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Klopp was speaking about Kolo today, got the impression he would be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Elliott and payet to mannone and alli for -4. Should have 11 if gabriel starts. Found it very hard to resist Sturridge this week but I'm probably in the minority here but I want lukaku for the last 3 gws so didn't want to sell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Migs Robles

Sakho Gabriel Delaney Bellerin Simpson

Sanchez Payet Bolasie Mahrez Barkley

Aguero Mitrovic Lukako

No funds. Trying to buy Kane back but hard to see where to get the funds for it.

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Elliott and payet to mannone and alli for -4. Should have 11 if gabriel starts. Found it very hard to resist Sturridge this week but I'm probably in the minority here but I want lukaku for the last 3 gws so didn't want to sell him.

Brave move. Owned him 3 times this year. Got me nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Migs Robles

Sakho Gabriel Delaney Bellerin Simpson

Sanchez Payet Bolasie Mahrez Barkley

Aguero Mitrovic Lukako

No funds. Trying to buy Kane back but hard to see where to get the funds for it.

Any suggestions?

Barkley and Lukaku to Townsend and Kane?

stephenl15 wrote: »

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd go A with Defoe. (Ulloa is a transfer waiting to happen)

I'd expect Sakho to start, so that gives you 11, with the possibility Gabriel might be brought back in also.

I was actually mistaken in my count, and I also worded it badly. I have 10 players with fixtures, but among them two doubts in Sakho and Gabriel.

With one FT I'm bringing Defoe in for Rashford to bring me to 11. But I don't want to run the risk of fielding only 9, so I think I'm going to do Sakho/Gab to Rose. I just don't know which yet, but based on the last few comments I think it might be time to give Sakho the heave ho.

Advertisement