Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34 Match Day Thread

Options
1808182838486»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

152 (-4) which looks a bit average going by the scores on here! Up 17k places to 19k. I've climbed from 192k in GW27 to inside the top 20k which is very pleasing indeed. My captain choices have worked out for the majority of the season so far. I think I've had a captaincy success in 12 of the last 13 weeks which is crazy. I kind of regret not following my gut and going with Sanchez triple captain. I bench boosted instead which gained me a good deal of points so just have to hope I nail the TC in DGW37 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

163 (-8). Somehow managed to turn a 66 point deficit into a 16 point lead in my main league, as my main rival had an absolute disaster. Crazy week.

Have a potential 11 players for this weekend, but with serious doubts over four or five of them, and I've already taken a hit to get Spurs players back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

182 (-4). Up to 8.5k, my first time inside the top 10 this season.

In GW28 I slumped to 102k, so to say I'm happy is an understatement.

I must not grumble about benching Eriksen ahead of Mahrez. I must not grumble about benching Eriksen ahead of Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

161 all in.

Easily my best ever GW score but could have been so much more.....Martial, Coleman and Lanzini were real let downs for various reasons but happy overall.

Heroes were Darlow, Sanchez (c) and Sturridge.

My work league rival pretty much matched me point for point - have a slender 6 point lead now going into the final furlong.

Well done to all for the mega hauls and high rankings - I'm a noob this year but will hope to be up there with ye next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

My best ever gameweek too by a mile. I think I might only have broke triple digits once ever before

190 (-8) for GW rank of 314

Caught me up in a league I was 100 points back in due to the leader not having bench boost left (he had Gomes, Alli & Alder on his bench!)

Gave me a fighting chance for some cash in the FSA pay league (up to 3rd from 12th I think)

Been a healthy movement in my OR over the past few months too

G0PMI48.png

Now to not screw things up in the next few GWs

Picking my TC will be vital to finishing this season successfully!

Thanks for all the advice on here as it definitely makes a huge difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,170 ✭✭✭✭km79

Up to 20k and now in contention for leagues I had given up on
    GW rank of 4230 :D
    Careful transfer planning continues

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

80k OR now with my 179 (-8). Highest ranking this season (ashamedly).

Still have BB to use.

I suppose better late than never.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

163. Funnily enough the bench boost was a waste. Only got me about 15 points :D

After experienceing easily my worst season in terms of variance, I'm now inside the to 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Had a bumper week like many off here, gets me near 100k mark which was my aim after Xmas when I was around 600k, a bad season hopefully with a good ending

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

194 (-8). GW Rank: 115

195k -> 45k

First time inside 100k this season :pac: I only dropped a few hundred places after the Sanchez show so 45.9k.

I have one complaint/quibble/interesting fact: I was 6 points away from a score of GW score of 200 and I was 6 points away from a season points score of 2000. F*ck you Wenger for not playing Gabriel and Bolasie for scoring that bast@rding goal.

It goes to show just how my early/mid season stubbornness routinely costs me. Had I embraced Vardy and Ozil /Ramsey and Yaya etc. Next year's my year :pac:

However, what a week. 6 Days of FPL in a row and only 1 day of pain. I live for the end of season rally as I overtake everyone. Hey "Respectability", yeah you! Guess what? I'm coming for ya :cool:

The%2BDogs%2BDefinitely%2BCheated.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

My money league is blown wide open again.

From being a country mile behind the leader board is like this:

1: 2024
    2: 2023
    Me: 2022

Delighted to be back in the running and fancy my chances now :)

After a nightmare start, (cheers Liverpool - d*ckheads) I ended up with 153 and an OR of 45k. Still 30 points behind the leader in my league and risks and minus points to take over the next 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Dust settled. Tables updated.

190 (-4)
    GW rank of 296
    Up from 118k to inside 25k. This is my first end of week rank inside 100k this season. I was pushing 1m OR around the halfway stage. Was 426k 6 weeks ago.

Would genuinely not have thought it possible (I know, you told me so iroced! :)) to get inside 25k by the end of the season never mind this week. Lets see what happens from here!
    Fair play! You're having the season finale I was eyeing for myself :p. I hope you can make it to top 10k now.
    And I told you so because I had done it myself in previous seasons (maybe not that spectacularly though).

As for me, up to 45k (from 113k) which is great in itself. I still consider it some kinda "failure" if I place it within my GW30-38 planning and if I consider I benefitted from the double boost of a WC & BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

What a week :D

151 (-8) and up to 72k. Few weeks ago I was around 500k mark.

Most importantly some guys in my mini leagues had me written off and now one of them is just 5 points away from me:D

There was 100 points between us most of the season.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's funny.

a lot of us were annoyed about the chips at the start of the season, but good timing, and considered use of Bench Boost and Triple Captain have helped a lot of us arrest some of the madness.

i thought the chips would benefit the 'casuals'.

it seems, not necessarily. maybe FPL know better. and maybe we should learn to let things play out before all moaning!

most of us, it seems, are actually in the mix for our leagues now, after all the bitching. it's still not been ideal, and I think the playing field was slightly more level, but that had little to do with the chips. it had everything to do with the traditionally big teams (and big players) not outscoring the likes of Vardy and Mahrez over the season, who we all assumed would tail off after their start. we assumed they were just a flash at the start, so while most 'casuals' hopped on, many of us assumed they'd be dead ducks eventually (a la Gomis for instance).

that's what hurt most of us, as well as Sanchez, Aguero and the likes taking an age to properly hit their stride.

170 (-8). Best ever score, and a good one, but it feels like a bad week given the league leader in a mini league got 170 without any hits. 60 points in the difference now so will be difficult to catch up - especially as we have a very similar team.

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's funny.

a lot of us were annoyed about the chips at the start of the season, but good timing, and considered use of Bench Boost and Triple Captain have helped a lot of us arrest some of the madness.

i thought the chips would benefit the 'casuals'.

it seems, not necessarily. maybe FPL know better. and maybe we should learn to let things play out before all moaning!

most of us, it seems, are actually in the mix for our leagues now, after all the bitching. it's still not been ideal, and I think the playing field was slightly more level, but that had little to do with the chips. it had everything to do with the traditionally big teams (and big players) not outscoring the likes of Vardy and Mahrez over the season, who we all assumed would tail off after their start. we assumed they were just a flash at the start, so while most 'casuals' hopped on, many of us assumed they'd be dead ducks eventually (a la Gomis for instance).

that's what hurt most of us, as well as Sanchez, Aguero and the likes taking an age to properly hit their stride.

Triple captain was a disaster for me, but what did I think when I picked Lukaku :)

I don't think they are bad, there are just two over 38 weeks, it is a marathon, not a sprint anyway.

I think the fsa had a good run in last two weeks, and no poster is going to complain now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

145 in the end mainly thanks to Sanchez and Darmian. Up to 2.6k overall but have dropped in pay leagues, most notably from 2nd to 4th in the Boards Pay League.

Wish these chips never existed.

-4 taken for 11 for the weekend including Gabriel who probably won't play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

188 (-12)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Up to 203rd in the world! 175 (-4) TC Sanchez.
    Only 79pts off first place. :pac:
    What's it Del Boy says..."He who dares..."
    Buzzing.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Up to 203rd in the world! 175 (-4) TC Sanchez.
    Only 79pts off first place. :pac:
    What's it Del Boy says..."He who dares..."
    Buzzing.

Well done, you :)

Nice run, keep it going.

Are you going mad now to have a shout at top place, or just playing it safe to finish at top 100-200 ?

wonski wrote: »
    Well done, you :)

Nice run, keep it going.

Are you going mad now to have a shout at top place, or just playing it safe to finish at top 100-200 ?

Don't know what you mean by "going mad" but have to give it a go, right?. Long term plan was TC Aguero this week (Sanchez back-up used instead), WC 36 and 15 DGWers in GW37. Can't see myself getting up to 11 DGWers even at this stage but that could change. Currently hoping Watford make final so their assets (Deeney/Ighalo Ake Gomez) have a spring in their step for the run in; one or two from Chelsea catch my eye.....
    Basically playing it by ear and hoping first leg results and cup finalists narrow down some of the possibilities'
    Of course I'll be throwing out my plans to y'all to be critiqued and will be grateful for the continued help of this brilliant forum and it's contributors.

Don't know what you mean by "going mad" but have to give it a go, right?. Long term plan was TC Aguero this week (Sanchez back-up used instead), WC 36 and 15 DGWers in GW37. Can't see myself getting up to 11 DGWers even at this stage but that could change. Currently hoping Watford make final so their assets (Deeney/Ighalo Ake Gomez) have a spring in their step for the run in; one or two from Chelsea catch my eye.....
    Basically playing it by ear and hoping first leg results and cup finalists narrow down some of the possibilities'
    Of course I'll be throwing out my plans to y'all to be critiqued and will be grateful for the continued help of this brilliant forum and it's contributors.

By going mad I meant making stupid and unjustified moves to make a difference :)

I would stay away from Chelsea and Watford, but what do I know...

By going mad I meant making stupid and unjustified moves to make a difference :)

I would stay away from Chelsea and Watford, but what do I know...

I hear you. Was just thinking out loud. Have to get through this skinny week first from a -8 start most likely. See you in the transfer thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd be careful of teams in the cup and their league form. Watford make the final and they'll have one eye on it and the trip to Wembley. Players avoiding injury etc.

This time of season it's best to stick to teams with something to play for. That's why I'm looking at Sunderland for 37. PVA and Defoe probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Will draws in cup SFs have any affects on DGWs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will draws in cup SFs have any affects on DGWs

SFs are settled on the day, no replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1 point to be precise :)

Having both Tc and bb chips is a huge advantage at this stage.

Use them wisely :)

I meant 2 points by captaining him.

The 2 chips need to work out otherwise the winning of my main league is out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

zerks wrote: »
    I meant 2 points by captaining him.

The 2 chips need to work out otherwise the winning of my main league is out the window.

It cost you 1 point captaining Sanchez over Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

No Sakho or KDB so far, FFS

Advertisement