Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 4

Options
  • 15-04-2016 11:43am
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I reckon a new Gears game deserves its own thread here.. Multi player beta later this month.

Multiplayer gameplay:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks good, had a blast playing through Gears Ultimate there, forgot how much fun the active reload was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Gears is the reason I picked up a controller again after growing out of gaming in early adulthood. I'll always have a soft spot for it (although I'm finding it a bit difficult to bother with Judgement).

Ultimate was a good re-visit, I enjoyed the extra Brumack level even though there were a few bugs in there.

I'll look forward to the Beta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Oh Man, I still get misty eyed when I remember Brothers to the End. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Really looking forward to this. Gears was the first game I played on the 360, and that and Halo are the two exclusives that would ensure I stick with Xbox. Not a huge fan of multiplayer but love the storyline and the aesthetic of the world.

Also nobody does a teaser trailer like Gears, such a great match of music and visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I see loads of people streaming the Gears of War 4 beta on Twitch. I didn't realise it had started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

People who watched the Gears livestream had a chance to win early access codes playing it on the 15th.

For those who just played the Gears ultimate edition, we get to play it on the 18th.

Open access for everyone is then on the 25th.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just got my beta key, 6gb download.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just got my beta key, 6gb download.
    Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Me
    computer-guy.jpg?h=171&w=295&as=1&la=en&hash=989FFDC1B8C903C45701723C3A9F53CAFC89C69C

Be sure to set your region to Europe in the game settings. By default mine was set to West US.

• Advertisement

Holy shotgun spam Batman.

Meh.

*edit:, Starting to warm up to it a little bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

No beta code yet....

theteal wrote: »
    No beta code yet....

Apparently they are being sent out in waves. The sooner you played Gears of War Ultimate edition the sooner you'd get the beta key.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently they are being sent out in waves. The sooner you played Gears of War Ultimate edition the sooner you'd get the beta key.

Weird, UE had been out for ages before I actually bought it.

Didnt get a chance to give it a go last night, too wrapped up in Dark Souls at the moment. How are folks finding it? It's just multi player yeah?

Is anyone looking for a code? I have one spare

I'll take it if you still have it please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's still Gears for both good and bad. I'm sure I'll love the campaign and definitely looking forward to some Horde action but it's the most unforgiving multi-player shooter out there. I don't think there's any other console game that sees veteran and hardcore players just absolutely destroy people who haven't played it in a while.

I'll take it if you still have it please :)

Cool, I'll send it to you in a few minutes

Just noticed on the windows Xbox app I could download this so is open to all now it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Just noticed on the windows Xbox app I could download this so is open to all now it seems

Got mine about a week ago so they are definitely out in waves :)

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    Got mine about a week ago so they are definitely out in waves :)

Nah, it was closed beta you got message for. It's open beta now from the 25th so no code required.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nah, it was closed beta you got message for. It's open beta now from the 25th so no code required.

Shows you how much my attention to detail is worth :D

amadablam wrote: »
    Shows you how much my attention to detail is worth :D

Got my code last week, installed, still haven't even touched it. Same with Mirror's Edge :rolleyes:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Got my code last week, installed, still haven't even touched it. Same with Mirror's Edge :rolleyes:

It's joined the queue for me too, along with many others while I feet repeated disappointed with the broadband offerings and contemplate selling the help house. I can't cope with bad broadband lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

So, what are everyone's impressions of the Beta so far? Played a couple of games of the co-op TDM against the AI cos I'm not a fan of having my backside handed to me. :)

I'm finding the A button action in-game to be a bit unresponsive. I'm not convinced of the 60 FPS compromise on the graphics either. Feels a little last gen to me.

So, what are everyone's impressions of the Beta so far? Played a couple of games of the co-op TDM against the AI cos I'm not a fan of having my backside handed to me. :)

I'm finding the A button action in-game to be a bit unresponsive. I'm not convinced of the 60 FPS compromise on the graphics either. Feels a little last gen to me.

I played for 30 minutes and switched it off. It does look like a beta though more than any I've played on one so far in terms of graphics, textures missing etc. but I get the impression that really thats because they wanted to show off a high frame rate :confused:

AI enemies felt less bullet spongy then previous games, but the guns had little of any recoil. They also need to allow you to use Y to change between main and side weapon like 99% of other games , having to use the dpad still is rubbish.

I like this a lot:

"Gears of War 4's Horde mode only requires Host to own maps for all to play"

Should be more games like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Anyone knows how early access for GoW4 is gonna work?
    Early Access to Gears of War 4 on Friday, Oct. 7, 2016, four days before the game’s worldwide launch.

Does it mean, shops will be selling the Ultimate and Collector's editions on the 7th?

Went to a local GameStop but they didn't have a clue...

• Advertisement

I think its for those who pre-purchased a digital copy, they will be able to play early, I could be wrong

Advertisement