Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is the best place to find a web designer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

armabelle wrote: »
    Ok so if site X that comes from a template costs hundreds and site Y that is custom costs thousands. What is the benifit of the Y site given the fact that somebody is paying so much more? Is it just that you have an original design?

You have an original design that is specific to you, your requirements, your target market and your future plans.

Only you can decide which is appropriate for your business. If you're a one-man plumbing operation, a custom site is probably going to be OTT for your needs. If you're a reasonable sized recruitment agency you'll probably be looking for something more than a basic web presence or vanilla CMS.

But I am a school leaver and don't have HTML and CSS skills :( should I feel bad?

Not if it wasn't taught at your school, no not particularly. Nothing to stop you learning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You have found me!! :) How can i help

You're OK, the OP doesn't want anyone off boards;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

This post has been deleted.

I am a secondary school leaver but don't know HTML or CSS. Should I feel bad now?

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    Not if it wasn't taught at your school, no not particularly. Nothing to stop you learning though.

Is HTML and CSS learned in secondary school in Ireland?

You have an original design that is specific to you, your requirements, your target market and your future plans.

Only you can decide which is appropriate for your business. If you're a one-man plumbing operation, a custom site is probably going to be OTT for your needs. If you're a reasonable sized recruitment agency you'll probably be looking for something more than a basic web presence or vanilla CMS.

I totally understand that. If your business is well established, does reasonably well, you may need something more personalized but the cost difference is pretty steep. I just don't have that kind of money (thousands as mentioned above) but I do need a site. So now that you know more, do you think I should just get a template re-hasher? I mean for under a thousand euro, ther is no way to go custom right?

I mean for under a thousand euro, ther is no way to go custom right?

I wouldn't say there's no way, it's just less likely.

Without knowing what custom elements you're specifically looking for it's next to impossible to say.

I'm guessing you have some requirements that you think can only be met with a custom solution. If you can share them you might get some more specific suggestions.

I wouldn't say there's no way, it's just less likely.

Without knowing what custom elements you're specifically looking for it's next to impossible to say.

I'm guessing you have some requirements that you think can only be met with a custom solution. If you can share them you might get some more specific suggestions.

Think I understand. Could you give me an example of "custom elements" please Graham?

Think I understand. Could you give me an example of "custom elements" please Graham?

Outside of a custom design/layout, custom elements could include:

Booking/appoinment facilities (e.g. hairdresser, vet, restaurant).
    Ticketing (clubs, conference organisers etc).
    Coupon facilities.
    Mailing-list building/newsletters
    Online commerce/store
    Messaging
    Customer support

• Advertisement

Outside of a custom design/layout, custom elements could include:

Booking/appoinment facilities (e.g. hairdresser, vet, restaurant).
    Ticketing (clubs, conference organisers etc).
    Coupon facilities.
    Mailing-list building/newsletters
    Online commerce/store
    Messaging
    Customer support

I actually had a think over the weekend and don't need any "custom elements". Just maybe normal 4 or 5 webpages but I would like a custom design for my site. whats the going rate for such a site nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Am I the only who thinks this guy is trolling???

yes there wrote: »
    Am I the only who thinks this guy is trolling???

Are you the guy who sent me PM's for web development work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Are you the guy who sent me PM's for web development work?

Aren't you the one who knows the usernames?

Aren't you the one who knows the usernames?

What the heck are you talking about? I have used boards many times to get information and people have been great, kind and willing most of the time but now it feels like I need to hire someone off this thread or else I am trolling. Feel free to not participate in my thread if you have a problem with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod Note]This is exactly the kind of thing that caused the original forum rule banning this topic to be drafted.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement