Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy an overpaid, underworked and guaranteed job?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

maudgonner wrote: »
    Now why would I want to join as a new entrant to the public sector when I've been saying all along that new entrants got screwed over by their senior colleagues and unions?

But fire ahead there and use the salaries of the worst paid members of the public sector to justify across the board increases. That's the story you've been peddling all along anyway. Just mind you don't trip over your own hypocrisy while you're at it.

even the fattest cats start of skinny Maud, ya cant be gong and skipping the Q ya know, theres many little kittens waiting in line :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

esforum wrote: »
    even the fattest cats start of skinny Maud, ya cant be gong and skipping the Q ya know, theres many little kittens waiting in line :P

You know what, if you feel you deserve a pay increase I have no problem with you arguing for it, IF you do so on its own merits. I actually agree that Gardaí have a tough job, I've posted on AH before in support of them.

But don't use the pay & conditions of the worst treated members of the public sector to do so. Especially since you're partly responsible for how crap that pay is, and you now prioritise pay increases for everyone over pay parity for new entrants.

That's all I'm saying, esforum. Don't be a hypocrite. Argue your own case and let people judge it on its merits.

maudgonner wrote: »
    You know what, if you feel you deserve a pay increase I have no problem with you arguing for it, IF you do so on its own merits. I actually agree that Gardaí have a tough job, I've posted on AH before in support of them.

But don't use the pay & conditions of the worst treated members of the public sector to do so. Especially since you're partly responsible for how crap that pay is, and you now prioritise pay increases for everyone over pay parity for new entrants.

That's all I'm saying, esforum. Don't be a hypocrite. Argue your own case and let people judge it on its merits.

how am I partly responsible and stop insulting me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

You realise that our tax money could be used to pay private companies to provide those services more efficiently instead, right?

Yeah that works well. lets take the example of ..ehm..eh

Yeah that works well. lets take the example of ..ehm..eh

the LUAS? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't get it, are we supposed to hate paramedics and soldiers now?

Can you clarify OP?

biko wrote: »
    I don't get it, are we supposed to hate paramedics and soldiers now?

Can you clarify OP?

Why yes I can, theres a constant stream of anti public sector posts and threads here. The same people who want to burn public sector staff at the stake refuse to answer about their own occupations or why they didnt join the public sector and do the jobs that they consider easy and cushy performed by lazy staff but yet are overpaid with amazing benefits.

I am ensuring that these people dont miss these wonderful oppertunities from now on so shall continue to update with new jobs as they come online.

The 3 pages of absolute outrage by people that cant read properly, cant detect obvious exaggeration nor could be bothered checking a user before insulting them, well that was just funny. Especially after the threads purpose was pointed out by 2 users including a moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: Upon considering, this topic was aimed at trying to call out two users in particular.
    Don't make topics like this again. AH isn't for your feuds with people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement