Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy an overpaid, underworked and guaranteed job?

Options
  • 13-04-2016 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

Fancy an overpaid, underworked and guaranteed job and pension?

Well now you can have it all!

The public sector gravy train is leaving the station make sure you are on board so you can leave that ultra real world, underpaid, overworked, whipped at your desk job behind.

Live updates of the Public sector express:

Choo Choo! next stop on the public sector train is coming up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ehm...ESB??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

jesus christ, how did you reply so fast?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

esforum wrote: »
    jesus christ, how did you reply so fast?

He works in Esb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

Phew, for a second there I thought it was my job advertised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Seems to say its a fixed contract job. Plus i don't think paramedic counts as easy....

• Advertisement

jjpep wrote: »
    Seems to say its a fixed contract job.

yep, like all public sector jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭the14thwarrior

I work in the public sector. i'm drowning in the gravy. I'm so rich I don't know what to do with my money. I';; get a pension, I'm pretty sure I won't be spending it all in one go, I have to stay in this job for a long time but that's ok.

i'd work in the private sector but most of the jobs are in the public sector. I knew that, i'm ok with that.

the public need my services, or at the very least benefit from my services. If you weren't paying my wages you would be in a bad state when you get sick. but I also pay taxes to pay for services too, and I think that's ok.

do you want people to work in the private sector all the time and you pay your taxes but don't get any public services because we are all working the private sector? I don't understand the mentality of it all.

I haven't had a pay rise in over 15 years, and won't get one for another 18 years. i'm not moaning I know that's the deal when I joined the public sector.

I joined the public sector because that's where the public needs my services.
    oh, and they need ambulance people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

OP. That's a mighty big chip on your shoulder…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The public sector gravy train is leaving the station make sure you are on board so you can leave that ultra real world, underpaid, overworked, whipped at your desk job behind.

Why don't you apply for the job if you think it is so great?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

The job advertised is for student paramedics. They'll have to deal with some godawful sh!te during their careers! Pay them well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭dirtyden

A tough job I would say. I hope it is well paid but I some how doubt our paramedics are swimming in gravy.

OP what is your problem with this advertisement?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Pretty sure OP is a troll, if you think people work as paramedics for the money you're deluded.

Shame really, because there's actually a big problem with waste in the HSE, and this does nothing to address that despite his best efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OP, you need to get over yourself and take in a dose of reality. Do you really think a Paramedic is a cushy number? Do you think all public sector workers are overpaid and underworked? If so, try the job of nurses or paramedics and see how you like it. What's stopping you taking up one of these handy numbers? Are you not qualified or are you just full of BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

My dad did this job for 30 years. It's far from fcukin easy. Jesus he has some unbelievable storeys and as a result a really macabre sense of humour. It's only as I get older I realise how hard his job was and hard he worked for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Bait

Bit of Bait related trivia. Bait Magazine's first Bait mate was Sylvia Wiss.

Some of Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd's finest work!

Tis ok boys and girls.
    Maybe those shouting should have read my post, how ta **** if I was a private worker would I describe it so OTT? Or even read some of the threads in AH about public sector workers?

Too fast to jump on a statement.

Mary and Maud, have ye applied yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

mad muffin wrote: »
    OP. That's a mighty big chip on your shoulder…
    Makes for a difference to the usual dole bashing threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Starting remuneration is less that €26k. That's pretty watery gravy so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I can't tell if people actually get the joke he's making or not!

Still though, lots of respect for paramedics. They must see some amount of horrible ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Why don't you apply for the job if you think it is so great?

He already has a bitter-class ticket for the bull**** express.

I hope you are never in an accident. Or do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Mary and Maud, have ye applied yet?

Now why would I want to join as a new entrant to the public sector when I've been saying all along that new entrants got screwed over by their senior colleagues and unions?

But fire ahead there and use the salaries of the worst paid members of the public sector to justify across the board increases. That's the story you've been peddling all along anyway. Just mind you don't trip over your own hypocrisy while you're at it.

Choo Choo! next stop on the public sector train is coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

discus wrote: »
    I can't tell if people actually get the joke he's making or not!

Still though, lots of respect for paramedics. They must see some amount of horrible ****.

People completely missed it and went off the title alone.

Par for the course with after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

Thats a **** gravy train op.

Can we have a gravy train that doesn't envole getting shot at or working in an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Aww, thought from the thread title Luas were recruiting drivers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

maudgonner wrote: »
    Now why would I want to join as a new entrant to the public sector when I've been saying all along that new entrants got screwed over by their senior colleagues and unions?

But fire ahead there and use the salaries of the worst paid members of the public sector to justify across the board increases. That's the story you've been peddling all along anyway. Just mind you don't trip over your own hypocrisy while you're at it.

Sooo you'ld be happy for new entrants pay to be restored.... but then after a few years they take a pay cut to keep in line with their currently 'overpaid' seniors?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

do you want people to work in the private sector all the time and you pay your taxes but don't get any public services because we are all working the private sector? I don't understand the mentality of it all.

You realise that our tax money could be used to pay private companies to provide those services more efficiently instead, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Sooo you'ld be happy for new entrants pay to be restored.... but then after a few years they take a pay cut to keep in line with their currently 'overpaid' seniors?

That's the second time you've posted that and it still makes no sense to me.

Post-2011 entrants are on a lower pay scale than pre-2011 entrants. From the figures given on the other thread it's 10% lower. Pay parity would remove that imbalance. I don't know where the paycut would come into it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement