Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is MMA in Ireland not regulated?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Bambi wrote: »
    IMAC used to have two agendas: Tree Huggers who consider anything other than tree hugging to be violence and Kickboxers who want to prevent other contact sports from gaining recognition, i.e. Muay thai, Sanda, MMA. Probably still does

I'd imagine there's more people training MMA than there are members of IMAC, why not leverage those numbers? As TKD, Judo, Wrestling etc have.

You mention Kickboxing here, it's well known that the majority of Irelands Full Contact Kickboxers are not recognised by IMAC. If one wishes to compete in an ISC / IMAC regulated event they must do so through KBI who are primarily a light contact organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,120 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

boxer.fan wrote: »
    You mention Kickboxing here, it's well known that the majority of Irelands Full Contact Kickboxers are not recognised by IMAC. If one wishes to compete in an ISC / IMAC regulated event they must do so through KBI who are primarily a light contact organisation.

I think that was his point. That a particular variety of kickboxing is in with IMAC (presumably KBI), and do their best to black other striking sports. K1, MT, MMA, Sambo, Sanda, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nmg4

IMMAF CEO Densign White has confirmed he will be in Dublin tomorrow for talks alongside IAPA President John Kavanagh. You can listen to the full audio interview with Densign on Talking Brawls podcast tomorrow, from the article we published today. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nmg4

Interview with Densign White (IMMAF CEO) in audio form is now up on talking brawls, cheers.

Advertisement