Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex Box

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What, they emerge from the box soaked in pee??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

sex in a box?

The most I'd manage, is a jack in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

why do they have sex in the box or indeed while on TV at all? Havent they had sez with each other a lot already? cant they just describe how their normal sex lives are?

I dont get the show really but I definately dont get how the box is justified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

armaghlad wrote: »
    The Royle Family was a sitcom. Gogglebox is reality TV. They are literally poles apart in terms of concept and entertainment value.

how can two shows that spend 30 minutes watching a family watching tv and making jokes be polls apart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

esforum wrote: »
    how can two shows that spend 30 minutes watching a family watching tv and making jokes be polls apart?
    Well ones a situation comedy the other is reality TV. One makes passing reference to what is on tv while the whole premise of the other is what is on the tv. One actually has plenty of scenes away from the tv while the other doesn't. One is actually really good the other really not good...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I'd go on it, looks like a laugh.

Now I just gotta convince the other half....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Classy TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Jesus Christ - it's "by" not "buy" in your poll OP. I was going to vote but fcuk sake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Jesus Christ - it's "by" not "buy" in your poll OP. I was going to vote but fcuk sake...

Predictive text Kermit.

Kermit "de" frog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Can imagine getting in the box and:

- fancy bumping uglies?
    - mmm not so much
    - cup a tae?
    - yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well ones a situation comedy the other is reality TV. One makes passing reference to what is on tv while the whole premise of the other is what is on the tv. One actually has plenty of scenes away from the tv while the other doesn't. One is actually really good the other really not good...

Well Googlebox not being good is just your opinion, I know many who like it.

Royle Family was great at first but was awful for the last few Christmas specials.

murpho999 wrote: »

Royle Family was great at first but was awful for the last few Christmas specials.

Spot on murpho, spot on.

Many a sore side in the Stewart house from laughing at Jim Royles various takes on life, not to mention his filthy habits. one of me own personal faves was Denise whinging to him about his habits, "Daaaaad.. Honestly, if you're not pickin your arse, you're pickin yer teeth" she said..

But as you quite rightly pointed out, the Christmas specials of late became all too predictable, you seen the jokes and one liners coming a mile off. Not good for a comedy in my mind.

Gotta admit, I was a slow adapter to Goggle box, but I really enjoy it too. Can't decide on me fave family from the series, as they all provide me with great belly laughs.

never got the comparison to Royle family until someone brought it up in this thread. Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Oh, I don't know about that. They certainly splashed out on the set.

Not the only ones probably.

If I was a channel 4 cleaner, I'd be looking for more money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Each to their own but I find nothing fascinating about watching people watch TV.

It's more about people's opinions and comments with reference to what they're viewing. You're not just watching people watching TV, you're listening to their conversations/commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

murpho999 wrote: »

Funny enough that you say that because I think the reason why "The Royle Family" lost it, was because it went away from being believable as reality so viewers didn't relate in the same way much like viewers relate to gogglebox. I've only seen it myself once now.

In the sitcom, I remember Denise trying to defrost the turkey in the bath in one of the Christmas episodes and I just thought, no one would do that, it's lost it. What was good about it was the mundane little things that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Anyone seen the show with Patrick Kielty where the guests have their web surfing history displayed and talked about.
    Ok there are a few laughs but WTF will be next.

Celebrities (anyone who has been on a bit of tv or more correctly has done some standup) will have their shyte analysed.

Reminds me where is that old witch gillian mckeith these days ?

How many TV shows now are totally populated by not so funny stand up comedians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Gillian mc Keith was looking at Scotty Ts poo in January. Analysising how stressed out the poo was. She looks wretched

Gillian mc Keith was looking at Scotty Ts poo in January. Analysising how stressed out the poo was. She looks wretched

Uh-Huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

jmayo wrote: »
    Anyone seen the show with Patrick Kielty where the guests have their web surfing history displayed and talked about.
    Ok there are a few laughs but WTF will be next.

Celebrities (anyone who has been on a bit of tv or more correctly has done some standup) will have their shyte analysed.

Reminds me where is that old witch gillian mckeith these days ?

How many TV shows now are totally populated by not so funny stand up comedians.

So true. There are so many quiz type panel programmes with comedians. None of them particularly funny - all of them trying so hard. Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Imagine being the poor ****er whose job it is to clean the inside of the box.

• Advertisement
Advertisement