Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line skippers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Here in small supermarkets where a queue builds up on the open tills they'll open another check out and ask people to queue there in the same order. Rarely happens as people at the back of the queue and those just about to join it will hop straight in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

I think I read reviews somewhere that the scene where people "butting into line" got brained around the head with a wrench in the film "Super" was repeatedly getting ovations. There is a lot of passive line skipping haters out in the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

As a middle-aged lady myself who tries to have manners, I apologize for my cohorts who think they are entitled to be miserable to other people. I have to express a certain amount of genial skepticism, though, that some of the people who complain about us old broads would still complain if we were sweet young things. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Speedwell wrote: »
    As a middle-aged lady myself who tries to have manners, I apologize for my cohorts who think they are entitled to be miserable to other people. I have to express a certain amount of genial skepticism, though, that some of the people who complain about us old broads would still complain if we were sweet young things. ;)

They wouldn't complain about you if you were sweet old broads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Old broads are weapons! No wonder old men tend to die first, living with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

gramar wrote: »
    They wouldn't complain about you if you were sweet old broads!

Heh, well I try. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

This drives me mental. Aul ones are the worst for it. I was queing in dunnes stores at the kiosk desk thing when this aul one behind me kept hitting my ass with her basket, ramming it into the back of me, so I was slowly inching away until she had me out of the que. then it was my turn to go and pay and she made a dash for it, but I was quicker than her.
    Same on the train and buses in the morning, it'll be the older women who'll have the elbows out to mow you out of the way.

I wouldn't say anything to an elderly person but I've insulted a fair few people especially when drunk who've skipped ques. I got a bottle thrown at me one night getting into an arguement in a nightclub when some young one tried push me out of the way to get into the cubicle first.
    And I told one girl who skipped the que in the chippers after a night out that I thought only pretty girls would get to skip ques, that usually dogs were left at the back. Hate it

I was knocked back into a dart by an auld wan. I was last in line to get off but clearly getting off about 3 feet behind someone else. 5 foot old wan knocked 6ft me back into the carriage. She's followed by Spanish students and I'm staying on for another stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

gramar wrote: »
    Here in small supermarkets where a queue builds up on the open tills they'll open another check out and ask people to queue there in the same order. Rarely happens as people at the back of the queue and those just about to join it will hop straight in.

You see there are ways around that. Even small English supermarkets have the elastic bands which force people into a line like security in airports. If two more checkouts open up well the next two in the queue move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have no problem in being assertive and telling people "eh, excuse me, the queue starts back there".. In fact I quite enjoy the mortification and embarrassment that manifests them as thought they were going to get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

So out numbered you by 50:1 and they still surrendered. Typical Franch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Franch Fries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Any of ye ever try to skip 50 German's to a sun bed,I did once ,I threw the other 49 towel's in the pool,and blamed the Brits.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

A woman tried to queue jump me at a checkout in Asda last year, dumping a few items from her trolley on the belt first. I wasn't having any of it, so started adding my own items to hers without comment. The checkout girl began putting them all through together until the woman complained angrily that her tot included my stuff. I just shrugged and said calmly that I was there first.
    The checkout girl had to cancel the tot while the red-faced woman had to put her stuff back in her trolley as mine went through before hers. Success was sweet [even though it probably took me a lot longer than if I'd let her go in the first place]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Queue jumping people are pure ignorant, I never let anyone skip. Never. Be aware

• Registered Users Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I was queuing to get into a sold-out comedy show in a bar down the country recently and a woman kept trying to edge her way ahead of us. She was so brazen about it.. after shoving and pushing us and trying to nudge her way past us, she walked alongside the queue and put her drink on a ledge ahead of where we were queuing, then walked away. Came back a few minutes later and picked up the drink and casually tried to slide in ahead of us.

My friend politely told her the queue doesn't start there. So she tried to slink in behind us again. The 2 women behind us actually ate the head of her for trying to skip them, which is what we should have done to begin with!

Queue skippers are the scum of the earth!

Advertisement