Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line skippers

Options
  • 11-04-2016 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

There today I was waiting on getting the bus to work. There is a clear line for the bus and there was maybe 15 of us in it all people going to work.

A bus tour of maybe 50 people tried to skip us I told them get to the back of the line and two of there guides where from franch and started to insult me on franch. If I would have let them skip me the bus would have been full and I would been late for work.

What is wrong with people skipping lines ?.

What does people on boards do when people try and skip you ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

That's why I bought a car, you poverty stricken peasant ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I carry a small pistol and a glove at all times so I can challenge such people to a dual.
    It's working out fantastically well apart from all the misuse of fire arms charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

You were right. Maybe next time they will think twice before they try it again. Like you said you would have been late for work, feck them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I carry a small pistol and a glove at all times so I can challenge such people to a dual.
    It's working out fantastically well apart from all the misuse of fire arms charges.

Hey it was my turn to comment. You skipped me!!!!

A year or 2 ago, was waiting in a local supermarket while the cashier did one or 2 things, when a woman I know breezed past me and put her items down. In the past I'd probably have put up with it for diplomacy, but that day I just looked at her and said "sorry, I was here first". By that stage the cashier had scanned a couple of items, did say obviously it wasn't her fault but the other person had jumped in front. It actually felt good, making the point. Cue much faux embarrassment and apologies, the ignorant old bag knew well what she was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

There today I was waiting on getting the bus to work. There is a clear line for the bus and there was maybe 15 of us in it all people going to work.

A bus tour of maybe 50 people tried to skip us I told them get to the back of the line and two of there guides where from franch and started to insult me on franch. If I would have let them skip me the bus would have been full and I would been late for work.

What is wrong with people skipping lines ?.

What does people on boards do when people try and skip you ?.

You'd think a group of 50 would get a coach of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

gramar wrote: »
    You'd think a group of 50 would get a coach of their own.

You would think that would you ?. But nope let's get on the normal bus as that wI'll piss people off who have work.

Those dastardly franches!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Bloody Franch....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Bus ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This drives me mental. Aul ones are the worst for it. I was queing in dunnes stores at the kiosk desk thing when this aul one behind me kept hitting my ass with her basket, ramming it into the back of me, so I was slowly inching away until she had me out of the que. then it was my turn to go and pay and she made a dash for it, but I was quicker than her.
    Same on the train and buses in the morning, it'll be the older women who'll have the elbows out to mow you out of the way.

I wouldn't say anything to an elderly person but I've insulted a fair few people especially when drunk who've skipped ques. I got a bottle thrown at me one night getting into an arguement in a nightclub when some young one tried push me out of the way to get into the cubicle first.
    And I told one girl who skipped the que in the chippers after a night out that I thought only pretty girls would get to skip ques, that usually dogs were left at the back. Hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I remember queuing to see The Martian and it was mayhem at the counters with huge amounts of people. We were a fair bit back waiting in one queue when this couple came in the door, walked by everyone in the queue beside us until they were right up at the counter.

They stood out like sore thumbs because they were the only 2 not in a queue.

It was interesting seeing the bystander effect as everyone was pointing and talking among themselves about them but nobody would confront them.

Sure enough the couple were immediately served, took their sweet time in what they wanted and then left with a big "can't believe that worked" grin on their faces. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Butzey are Frohnch, n'est ce pas?

plus ca change Rodders...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its called a queue. The Americanism of boards yanks my chain gets my goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I remember queuing to see The Martian and it was mayhem at the counters with huge amounts of people. We were a fair bit back waiting in one queue when this couple came in the door, walked by everyone in the queue beside us until they were right up at the counter.

It was interesting seeing the bystander effect as everyone was pointing and talking among themselves about them but nobody would confront them.

Sure enough the couple were immediately served, took their sweet time in what they wanted and then left with a big "can't believe that worked" grin on their faces. :pac:
    The guy in the front of the line should have said something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

What do you a call a bus tour group with no bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Its called a queue. The Americanism of boards yanks my chain gets my goat.

No it's called a line or a queue, get over it.

I wonder are Spaniards this anal about Mexicanisms. Come to think of it I've never heard an American complain about Britishisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Americans haven't a clue about qu words, queue, quiz, quare wan, not a ball's notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

gramar wrote:
    This is how to do it...

there must be a curb your enthusiasm moment for every awkward social situation involving confrontation.

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote: »
    there must be a curb your enthusiasm moment for every awkward social situation involving confrontation.

Thats not the only one when it comes to queues. Look up the stop and chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

I wonder are Spaniards this anal about Mexicanisms.

They are actually. Spaniards are notoriously anal toward Latin American Spanish expressions and use of the "ustedes" tense especially. They also get into a strop when you don't use that annoying lisp when speaking Spanish and sometimes will just plain pretend to not understand you when you use Latin Americanisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianal3

Test

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mature ladies and those with substance abuse issues are the worst for queue skipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

I wonder are Spaniards this anal about Mexicanisms. Come to think of it I've never heard an American complain about Britishisms.

Now you have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I remember a nun skipping the queue I was in at the supermarket. No one did or say anything, expect looked outraged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

FTA69 wrote: »
    Spaniards are notoriously anal toward Latin American Spanish expressions and use of the "ustedes" tense especially.

Person. I guess that's a grammatical double anal for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

FTA69 wrote: »
    They are actually. Spaniards are notoriously anal toward Latin American Spanish expressions and use of the "ustedes" tense especially. They also get into a strop when you don't use that annoying lisp when speaking Spanish and sometimes will just plain pretend to not understand you when you use Latin Americanisms.

Works the other way, too. I asked my Mexican sister-in-law, just to be cheeky, why it was still "Buenos dias" when you were wishing only one good day to only one person. She opened and closed her mouth a couple times, called her mother (who doesn't speak English), and told me in frustration, "That's just how you say it". For the record, I actually know why, I was just winding her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

was in tescos with the missus a while back and we were next to be served (weekly shop) and this oul' sl.ag carrying about 5 items says to the missus do you mind if I go ahead of you love I've only a couple of things, sure says the missus, so yer one puts her 5 items on the belt in front of us then she takes a bag of her back (like a rucksack) and takes the rest of her shopping out at least 20 more items, I said are you taking the piss or what are ya at?. i got really annoyed about it the cheeky bitch and I let her know about it, never again will we let anyone in front of us. the neck of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Duggy747 wrote: »

Your own fault really.

Advertisement